No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod0
    Hi there,

    You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your mom's permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your mom. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

    Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

    Be safe,


    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic Help


    For the past year my mom and I have had many problems and it is both our faults. She’s kicked me out before but got in trouble by police. She wants to kick me out again and I want to leave but she doesn’t want to go through court or deal with any legal troubles. I’m 17 and turn 18 in 5 months. I have a place to stay with a friends family and they are very willing to take me in. Is there any legal way I can leave with my moms permission? I am very tempted to runaway but I want to keep attending school and I don’t want my friends family to receive any repercussions for helping me out of a bad situation. Please help.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp