Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Know What To Do

I am 13 years old and ever since June I feel like my entire life has been a nightmare. I live with six other people. My grandma, my grandpa, my uncle, his seven year old son, my uncles girlfriend,and her seven year old daughter. (I am adopted by my grandparents) My Uncle, His girlfriend, and the kids had moved in around June because they couldn't afford to live in their own house anymore, so they moved in with my grandparents and I. Everything was pretty okay until we found out about the seven year old girls extremely bratty attitude. She argues with my grandparents on an everyday basis about the simplest things and always has to complain about someone or something. It has now gotten to the point where her attitude is starting to rub off on my uncles son. I have told their parents many times about their attitudes, but all they do is yell at the kids, call them names, hit them, etc. I have even heard my uncle give death threats to the children, me, and my grandparents as well. My uncle will also hit them with belts and the marks last for about a day or two at the very least. He and his girlfriend will both call the children names such as loser, whiney, and pathetic. My grandpa and I are starting to suspect that my uncles marijuana smoking habits are playing some kind of role in the abusive behavior but we're not quite sure. My grandparents are getting extremely fed up with it to the point where my grandma is currently staying with her sister and my grandpa will leave for a few days at a time and no one will be able to contact him. Everyone in this house fights and argues a lot over the children and their behaviors. Yesterday when my grandma and uncle got into a fight, he tried to hit her and said that she belonged in a coffin. Afterwards he said that all of this was my fault and even going as far as to blaming my biological mothers death as well. It's gotten to the point where I feel unsafe being there because I'm worried that one day someone is actually going to get hurt. I've thought about running away from home and self harming again. My grades are starting to suffer from all of the fighting and stress and I've stopped eating for the most part. I only eat lunch at school and that's only because they will force us to eat if we don't. I've tried to talk to people I know about this, but my family keeps saying that this is how life is going to be and I just need to deal with it and every one else just says things like "Wow... That sucks...." and they move on to a different conversation or "I've been through that same situation..." And then give me this huge sob story that's all about them. I feel trapped. I have no where to go and no one to turn to. I feel like I've run out of options. What do I do?... Is there anything I can do?... Or am I just going to have to deal with it like everyone keeps telling me?.... Please help... Thank you.

Re: I Don't Know What To Do

Hello and thanks for writing on the online forums here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like there is a lot happening at home right now and you are feeling quite overwhelmed by it all,and perhaps you may benefit from talking things out with someone at school such as a teacher or counselor. We are also here as a source of support if you would like to explore more about how you're feeling and how we may best help. We can't provide any direct advice because we are non-directive, however, we can brainstorm some options together to help you come up with the best plan of action for yourself. It may help to have someone outside of your family to talk to. There are other alternatives that just may need some time for figuring out.

We're here 24/7 and hope you reach out by phone or chat soon.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X