X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod3
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for responding. Maybe give us a call at 1800-RUNAWAY if you want to further explore your options or what is going on at home. Best of Luck!

Guest replied
    I feel the same way about my mom, cause she's doing me the exact same way. My mother is a pure, flat-out, 100% Narcissistic Self-Centered woman. My mom is doing 90% of the same things your mom is doing by what you've listed. I don't wanna tell what the other 10% is though

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org[/url][ is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    You don’t deserve to be abused in any way and there are laws to protect you from being harmed.
    It’s not your fault that your grandmother does the things the does to you.
    Writing today was a very brave and courageous thing to do.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
    This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    Again if you feel at risk or in danger we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 and seek emergency services.
    In the event you would like to report child abuse contact Child Help 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org

Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied

When I was 3 my grandma became my guardian Because my mom and dad does drugs ever since I was a kid my grandma has been emotionally abusive to me and no one else she treats my like the most special thing in the world but still yells at me constantly every day I feel like killing myself I constantly suicidal thoughts I just want the pain to stop. In 6th grade I realized how horrible my family was compared to others I wish I had a real family or just someone who loved me. I started cutting myself with the razor blades at that time and my mom and aunt noticed and told my grandma. She yelled at me saying I had no reason to do it. In 8th grade we moved into an apartment and my mom had another kid she moved in with us then she stopped doing drugs I loved her and my sister but then she got pregnant again and got back on drugs I spent all my time taking care of my sister my grandma was too lazy to help and my uncle busy with college or went out with his friends. He’s very lucky to have friends to be able to leave this hell at any time. We moved again to a house with an old building I smashed the windows so I could cut myself with the glass. My mom had my brother and the babysitter kidnapped my siblings and lied to the court so now were not allowed to see them it’s almost been three years since then since then everything’s gotten worse I try to remember what my grandma tells me why she yells at me but I can’t remember anything I barely remember what happened yesterday apparently that’s cause of my past from being touched as a kid I didn’t even know until I recently had vivid nightmares about it and I read about it in my papers from my therapist (who my grandma refuses to take me to because I’ve been scared my whole life to tell anyone what she does to me how worthless she makes me feel when I told her she told my grandma and she played it off like it was nothing ) are my feelings invalid? Is my grandma right am I a disappointment I clean the house to do the dishes the laundry everything she asks of me but it’s still not enough she manipulates me so much she forces me to take pictures of her all the time for hours and if I’m not happy about it or say no she yells and grounds me. When I forget to do the dishes or put the water away because I’m half asleep she’ll wake me up early in the morning and yell. Whenever she calls me cute or pretty or asks if I lost weight I feel disgusted I want to cry scream throw up because she says it just so she can tear me down later so she can pretend she loves me but I know it’s all fake I know it’s all an act. She used to call me fat and disgusting when I was skinny and that caused me to end up over eating and now I am fat she tried making me fatter than her so she can seem skinny she brings me down telling me she needs stop borrow my clothes cause she gained a few pounds and she acts like she can fit mine but she’s two sized bigger I know I’m fat but I can’t lose weight I exercise 3 Times a day I’ve started eating less than 1,000 calories day since January I make myself throw up I know it’s bad but I’m fat and disgusting I don’t deserve to eat I’m not skinny anymore I hate it when she stares my body up and down like I’m a piece of trash. I’m currently in 11th grade in a community college because it’s across the street she made me drop out of my high school but it’s only a few minutes away she told me “I’m not driving 10 minutes so you can take some stupid art class” since these past few months I’ve stopped enjoying drawing or reading and I usually read for hours every day. Today she yelled at me when she told me she made croissants I said okay she yelled never mind then walked through my room(it’s supposed to be the dining room bc it’s between the kitchen and living room) and said “that’s what I thought “ I’m so confused. One morning she woke me up yelling because I had a dentist appointment I accidentally set my alarm for pm not am she called me stupid and a disappointment and made me calls my dentist and lie saying the car battery didn’t work. I sat outside in the grass having a panic attack sobbing on the phone. My head was filled with murderous thoughts I wanted her or myself dead. I had my head in my hands pulling my hair hitting myself. I used to be normal but I turned into acting like a mentally unstable/ill person you see on tv it scares me so much I want to be normal again but when she yells it makes me go numb I just sit and stare at the walls all I hear is ringing and my Conscience telling me to find ways to kill myself. I’m afraid of myself I wasn’t the suffering to end but I can’t leave I have no money I’m not mentally stable to get a job and I’ve been denied disability. I’m going to end up living on the street alone I’m never going to make it my family has always been poor should just kill myself before I end up homeless and an even bigger disappointment. It makes me so upset when people ask me how I’m doing and how my day is I have to pretend and say everything is great but in reality it’s not I want to die I’ve ended up crying in my class many mornings from being yelled at for not making eye contact or being happy around my grandma. I’m sorry for my many spelling errors its 3 am and 50 degrees I can barely feel my hands.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-17-2019, 03:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. Your mom's behavior is unacceptable and you don't deserve to be treated in that way. You mentioned that you have previously had thoughts of suicide and have self-harmed in the past. We care a lot about your safety and want you to know that your life is worth living.

The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community-based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis-related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My mum is the worst mom anyone could have, my mum is the most uncaring mum ever! My mum hits me like it’s more than the word abusing, I’m all red and with bruises around me, I could never understand why my mum hates me! She even calls me fat and laughs about it, I don’t know what to do anymore, I’m always on my bed or in the toilet floor crying with a knife on my hand! I get so depressed that my mum always spreads love to my 4 sibling but me. My siblings skins are so fresh and clean, my skin is all bruised and red with hand marks! I have always wanted to commit suicide and runaway, but I’m just so scared. I’ve even thought about calling the police but it’s just so scary because my mum would want to cook me one day and eat me no joke! I go to school saying I fell or something hit me from all my bruises but my mum would say things to people like my Aunty or friends that I’m so fat and Guly and annoying. My mum hits me with thongs, her own nasty hands, belts anything around her! I just want to die, live with god

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to. We’re sorry you’re feeling so much pressure at home and dealing with parents that focus more on “success” and what they perceive as your faults, rather than providing you with a healthy environment to grow as a person.
    You did the right thing by reaching out. While we know it feels awful, the feelings you’re having are very normal when you’re growing up in an environment that treats you as something to be judged, rather than someone to be loved, which you are.
    Unfortunately, you may never be able to do enough or succeed enough in their eyes of your parents. For them, blaming or finding fault in others may be the only way they know how to feel good about themselves. It’s common for people to bottle up these feelings—you might even feel guilty about expressing them. But reaching out when you’re in a bad situation and don’t feel good is healthy! That’s why you did the right thing.

Please give us a call at 1800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at 1800runaway.org anytime 24/7. We can help you discuss a little more about what’s going on and talk about options that might. If you ever start to feel like you might hurt yourself, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Remember, you’re in a very difficult situation. these feelings are not your fault. You’re not responsible for your parents’ happiness. And you and your happiness matter. We’re here to listen and here to help anytime 24/7.

We wish you the best.
    -NRS

Guest replied
    So here is the deal I’ve always struggled with feeling worthless and that I’ve never done good enough it started with my father who always criticized everything I did I remember from a really young age slowly becoming more quiet and insecure about doing anything I can also remember one telling my dad I wish I was alone without you and mom he made me feel horrible for saying that and told me my mom loved me a lot and that I should never ever ever say that in the last 3-4 years I’ve started getting pressured by my parents about the career I want they always say that in lazy and unfocused and they don’t realize the help I do by watching my siblings or anything else I’m always the bad guy I started wishing that I was dead this got worse when my mom slapped me for the first time and I started asking myself if I was so bad why did god not get rid of me like he parted the sea why didn’t he just kill me like he could do anything else if im such a waste of space this got shes always very loud when she screams at me and she calls me names and says things that are hurtful and untrue but I never have the courage to fully tell her how I feel or if I feel at all eventually she got pregnant again and since my dad was working I took care of her because she has hypermesis gravidarum and she’s always really sick but it seems like now even when I try to do everything possible to help her she still has something to accuse me of and bicker at me with and it’s even more hurtful than before because I’m honestly trying hard to help however I Can she doesn’t care and dad doesn't either I started investigating if I had depression and since these wishes of killing myself only sírvame when I have issues with my parents I assumed that I didn’t have depression one day my mom took my phone and I couldn’t talk to my friends for a week all I had was her bickering and my siblings neediness and nobody that I felt I could talk to I found myself crying everyday over the smallest of things which is really unlike me idk what to do idk if I’m ok idk if I have some form of depression or mental illness or if I’m just a sentimental waste of space

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    my mom told me she hates me and wants to kill me. i feel so broken because when i tried to apologize multiple times, she just pushes me away like nothing. idk what to do. i am only eleven. she keeps comparing me to my friends and my brother as well saying how more mature they are than me and how she is jealous of my friend’s mom because she is such a good girl. she threatened me with a knife many times and saying “I will cut off your finger or kill you I don’t care if I go to jail” idk what to do

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in such a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. No one deserves to be hurt like that. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. So we are no sure how to best direct you. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Guest replied
    Iam only 13 my mummy uses my puberty against me to call me names and she call me fat and ugly and useless and she also makes me clean my whole house and she dosen’t help and if it is a bit dirty she will beat me she punches mr slaps me bites me head buts me and uses kitchen tools to beat me and hoovers and shows she also gave me black eyes at the age of 5 she leaves my head with bumps and gives me scratches and wont let me hug my daddy or let me have friend unless they are older than me

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) can also be a great resource to have a safe space to share how you’re feeling and may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of.

Take care and stay safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    Im 12 and my mother is so rude to me i already tried everything to get away but i cant she makes me want to just jump off a bridge and she forces me and things i cant and she is a bad mom

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hi there,

Here at NRS, we are incredibly worried about you and your mom's safety. We can help call 911 for you if you are feeling like your mom is in immediate danger of being harmed by you. We do not promote violence, if you want to talk about what you are going through please do not hesitate to call or chat us: 1-800-RUNAWAY or www.1800runaway.org.

We truly want to help. You all deserve to make it through this.

Best,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X