X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod3
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hey there, and thanks for contacting NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step.

It sounds like you're having a tough time at home, especially with your parents, and we're sorry to hear that. One thing that can be helpful when dealing with difficult situations and family is therapy. You mentioned wishing that you could tell someone your worries and wanting to talk with someone, and please know that you absolutely can. The good thing about therapists is that what you say to them stays with them--they are confidential. Unless you disclose that you are being hurt, at risk of being hurt, or planning to hurt someone else, they have an obligation to keep your conversations to themselves. And, if you want to be sure of that, you can always confirm with them at the start of your session that your conversations are confidential.

Talking with someone can not only be useful in working through some of those concerns and frustrations you're having with your family, but also in helping you work through some of those suicidal thoughts it sounds like you've been having. Another resource that might be helpful to you is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You can reach them by calling 1-800-273-8255 or by chatting with them live at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. We're also here for you at NRS. Whether you want to vent, talk through what's going on, or explore some options that might be helpful, you can reach out to us at any time for additional support by calling us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS

Guest replied
    I also wish I could die. My whole family is like a group of children. I've always been obedient, thankful, and I always tried to do everything for my family because I knew they were going through pain. I am a straight-A student, I've never asked for anything, I never told them my true dream, I always kept quiet. My mom makes everyone feel guilty and picks on everything my entire family member does. Every single ********ing day she talks about college, college, college, how weak we are, how ungrateful we are, how we should be more educated. I am overwhelmed by stress and I have social anxiety. I have no one to talk to and I've always thought about death since I was in 6th grade. My dad and my mom always fight about getting a divorce, however, they always stick together and this confuses me to death. THEY FIGHT ABOUT THE SMALLEST THINGS AND THE NEXT DAY THEY ARE BACK TO NORMAL LIKE IT DOESN'T BOTHER ANY OF US. MY MOM THINKS OF US AS FAILURES AND NEEDS MORE. I'm tired of my mom's emotional abuse and my dad's ignorance. I feel sorry for my sister. She once was a beautiful, witty, and outgoing sister but now she is full of anger. She has become narcissistic and she cries all the time. I felt angry at her before but now I understand why she feels that way. I am concerned for her because I feel like she is going away. I wish I can just run away. I wish I can have someone to talk to. Fine, I will go to that IVY league, prestigious school...and i will never ********ing come back. i hate my mom and my dad. they always made me feel insecure, guilty, and worthless. i wish i can tell someone about all of my worries. i wish i had the independence and money to talk to a psychologist but sadly, i can't trust anyone around me. for now, i'll keep everything in.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I cry every day my mom said "I will without a doubt on my sweet Jesus i will choke you to death"just because i didnt do 2 assignments for homeschool I wanted to call the police on her but i still love her and i dont want her to go to jail should i just run away WHAT SHOULD I DO

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It's wonderful to hear that you and your dad get along so well but it sounds like issues with mom are beginning to outweigh that.

It's very worrisome to hear that your mom is physically hurting you, especially when it is completely unprovoked. Absolutely no one deserves to be harmed in any way. If you are currently at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering

You mentioned some previous thoughts of killing yourself and brought up an incident where you went so far as to bring a knife to your neck. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    Hi, I am a 9-year-old boy that has been dealing with child abuse since year 1 of life and Get treated deferentially by younger siblings (I'm the middle child out of 4) and I'm always having suicide thoughts I literally almost killed myself one day when she just slapped me for no reason and I grabbed a knife and put it on my neck then I thought twice I should not kill myself because of my mom I have goals in life and getting slapped repeatedly isn't going to stop the fact that I have dreams and goals That I want to set and my CREATOR basically hates me my dad try the best he can to stay with her he is the best dad in the world my mom the worst. This is happening to my big sister also ( she has depression) and I have anger issues and my little brother is the happiest child in the world I hope the authorities see this because my mom needs to be arrested.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe and stay strong,

NRS

Guest replied
    She has made me want to die I try to run away but I can’t I’m only 12 I just want to die at this point

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.
    Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Thank you, NRS

Guest replied
    I know exactly how all you guys feel. I’m 12 years old and my mom is always physically and verbally attacking me. My parents are divorced, so I’ve never met my dad and my mom always does nice things for me like taking me to dance class and tutor, but at home she is always hitting me and cussing in Korean. She never admits that she did anything wrong and is always comparing me to other people saying why can’t you be more like her, and she never notices anything good that I do. My grades are all As with 1 or 2 bs and I always try my best, but she always wants me to do better. I am constantly wishing that I could die, and I feel like all my friends don’t have anything in common with me. I just feel better knowing that I’m not the only one who’s going through this.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. It sounds like you have been abused by your mom physically and emotionally for as long as you can remember. We are so sorry you are going though this. You do not deserve it at all. She acts this way because of who she is, not because of who you are.
    We are very glad to hear that you have a therapist, and it is understandable that you wouldn't want to tell them what you are really going through so as to be sure your brothers are with their mother. But, telling your therapist what is really happening is the only way they can truly help you cope with her treatment.
    If you ask them not to report to CPS, they will probably listen to you. Even if CPS was notified, your mom wouldn't likely go to jail. Instead, they work to help her be a better mom with supportive services and help for the family, if they found evidence of abuse. Evidence is doctor visits or witnesses or videos - things like that.
    It's understandable to feel like if she were dead, things would be better. We would like to talk more with you about this, and we hope that you can reach out to us so we can have a conversation. We are confidential to you and you can reach us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or via live chat through www.1800runaway.org
    We truly hope to hear from you.
    Sincerely,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hey,
    sometimes I feel like I want to kill myself because of my mother.
    my mother has abused me since I was little.
    she would abuse me verbally and physically.
    she has given me many bruises.
    the last time she physically abused me is when I came out as bisexual.
    she didn’t support me and I told her that I hated her, and all she did was hit me many times with a kitchen metal clamps.
    sometimes she would be the nicest mother, she would buy me things I wanted she would take me to places.
    but when she is mad she would take all her anger out on me and my little brothers.
    I go to counseling because I am depressed.
    mice becer told anyone that my mother abuses me because I don’t want her to go to jail because I have little brothers.
    ^^^ I don’t want them to live without their mother.
    sometimes I wished she was dead.
    I also wished that I could live with my dad but he doesn’t really care about me.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline— it takes a lot of courage to ask for help and we’re glad you did. We’re so sorry to hear you’re experiencing violence at home— you don’t deserve to be hurt by anyone.

Your safety is our top priority. You mentioned that you have felt like want to kill yourself. Your mental health matters, and you’re not alone in feeling this way. You also don’t have to work through this alone— the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available 42/7 at 1-800-273-8255 to talk through what you’re feeling. At NRS, we can also connect you to local resources to offer additional mental health support. We’re here for you!

Some of the things you describe, including your mom hitting you, sounds like abuse. You have the right to report child abuse, neglect, or maltreatment to Child Protective Services. One organization that can help minors experiencing abuse at home is Child Help. You can reach them at https://www.childhelp.org/ or at 1-800-422-4453. NRS can also support you in making a hotline call to CPS, if you so choose. On our hotline or chats, we can also help find resources to support your safety.

We’re always here to listen and help, please reach out to us at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY or online via chat. We wish you the best of luck!

-NRS

Guest replied
    i just want to kill myself my mom yells and hits me for my brother mistakes and when i get hit all my brother dose is laugh and it not fair my brother dose not even do school or help clean and i clean the house bye myself and i have to do school and for my brother when i have time i will play like fornite with him but when i dont want to play he gets mad and bites me hits me sometime he bites me untill i bleed

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed, both verbally and physically. We’re sorry you’re going through this, and please know you absolutely do not deserve to be abused under any conditions. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

Be safe,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X