X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod7
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you are going through so much with school and your mom and it's resulted in you thinking about suicide. Here at NRS, we truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time. You are not your grades or your past, you are enough and you deserve to make it through this.

It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us at www.1800runaway.org if you need to talk.

It sounds like issues at school with your grades and how your mom reacts is what is taking a huge toll on you. If you haven't already, you might try to tell her how you are feeling and what support you need. You might also ask her for a therapist or counselor if you would like to talk through these feelings with a trained professional. To address issues at school, you might also see if it is possible for you to get a tutor or extra help with school by talking to your mom and your teachers. Here at NRS, we have a conference call service if you would like to have a conversation with your mom about how you are feeling in a mediated setting. Please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you are interested in that service.

Please know that we are always here for you via our phone and chat services, and it is always too early to give up.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    I need your help, if possible. I'm a 16y old boy. My mother want me to kill myself, whenever i do something wrong, or get bad grades she always refers to the past. I have a very bad past, i failed class 9 once that tho i didn't get a chance of retest. And she always yells very loudly that what can you do in life a class 9 failure. You will fail in class 10 too. This really demotivates me. All these things make me think of suicide, i just texted you because i want to give life 1 more chance. I hope you will reply, i'll be waiting.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

It sounds like you are going through a very hard time and that home is currently not a safe space for you. You are doing the best you can and have the right to be in a home that feels safe.

If you have any friends or relatives you could stay with when your parents fight that would be one option. Since you have mentioned that your parents have been fighting a lot and it recently gotten physical, one option might be to reach out to the “National Domestic Violence Hotline” whose number is 1-800-799-7233. They would be able to help provide some support or even some ideas of keeping yourself safe during the times that they fight and/or argue.

If it ever escalates to either of your parents are hurting you, you always have the option of protecting yourself from that abuse. You could reach out to your local child protective services or if you’re thinking about what that process might be (ie. what happens after you report, where you might be placed, etc) you can reach out to “Child Help” whose number is 1-800-422-4453.

We at the National Runaway Safeline are also here for you and would be happy to support you in calling either hotline. In addition, if you feel that your parents would be open to counseling or you would like a counselor to talk to, feel free to give us a call and we can look up those resources to call. If you feel home is unsafe and are looking for a safe place or shelter to go, you can also reach out to NRS at 1-800-RUNAWAY or message us at www.1800runaway.org. We are here to help 24 hours/7 days a week if you need any more support. Thank you so much for reaching out.

Best of luck,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Im a 17 year old girl and mu parents have been fighting pretty bad lately and ladt night it got physical, my mom is usually the one starting the fights ... I dont know what to do i want to leave but im not legally old enough i dont feel safe at home if someone can help me plz do i need to know what to do to get out of this situation.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. You mentioned that your dad has gotten physical in the past. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

You said that your dad is homophobic and is not accepting of your sexuality. Many young people who identify as LGBT have parents who are unsupportive and unaccepting. You are not alone in this and the LGBT National Youth Talkline is a great resource that offers support for young people in similar situations to your own. The hotline is run by those that are familiar with the issues and experiences of those that are also a part of the LGBTQ community. You can reach them by calling 1-800-246-7743 or you can check out their website at gltbhotline.org. You can also check out the Trevor Project, an organization dedicated to helping LGBT teens, by calling 866-488-7386 or by going to thetrevorproject.org.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    if i put a fork in the worng tray "( my name) what are you doing it dosent go there she makes me want to kill my self but i wolnt i allwas thinks she is going to change but she doent at lest she accepts me being bisexual my dad is not better he is physicil on me and a homophobic and just a ********ing ass im sorry for the ******** typeing and my profanity but ******** it im in rage rn
    Last edited by ccsmod1; 07-28-2019, 02:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Thank you for telling us your story and reaching out. It can be difficult telling others what has happened to you. We want you to know that no one deserves to be abused, and you should not have to go through that. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse you’ve been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453.

We’re also sorry to hear that you’ve thought about suicide. Your life is very important. If you begin having those thoughts again and want to talk with someone anonymously, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. One resource that might work for you is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You can reach them at 1-800-273-8255. They also have an internet chat function through their website at suicidepreventionlifeline.org
    You mentioned depression. If you’re not currently getting mental health resources, it can be really helpful to get treatment As your mental health suffers, you have -limited ability to handle the other stressors in your life. You can contact the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to connect you to mental health resources at 1-800-950-6264 or NAMI.org You may also want to talk to your school because they should have a counselor for you.

We’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your mom could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. The people you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble for having you stay there if your mom did not give permission for you to be there. You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state.

If you don’t feel safe and feel like you need to get away Nationalsafeplace.org provides a safe location for you to meet a staff member who can take you to a designated place where you can discuss all options about how to stay safe. You can text 44357 the word “safe,” and your location to find a safe location in your area. Once you arrive let someone who works there know you need help connecting with a staff member.

Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call our 24 hour hotline at 1-800Runaway (786-2929) or use our live chat. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

Stay strong,

-NRS.

Guest replied
    My mom will randomly scream at me for little things as blaming me for my fathers death saying I’m retarded and I’m a whore and that I deserve to die,this did end up giving me depression but when I tried to open up to her about it she said good want me to help you then punched me and would start hurting me like pushing me down the steps telling me to kill my self and to leave the house forcing me to get a job even doe I’m 13 years old she would then say I’m a spoiled slut and that I suck dick when I leave the house or will embarrass me in front of all my friends beating me live.This ended up as a common thing and has made me want to kill myself by trying to put myself in harms way.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your parents. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.
    We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    How do I make my parents happy because every time I try they decrad me and make me feel worthless and every night I cry myself to sleep because of it and half the time they both make me want to kill myself

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Guest replied
    My mum hates me. She never ever showed me any kind of respect or love. She has called me names that hurt a lot. I live with her alone and I'm just like my father who I love. He is so soft kind and always loved and was here when she wasnt. She hates us and its really difficult to live with her because we are two totally different people and everything has to be perfect for her. She never sat down and hear me to understand mw. She always says that Im useless and Ill never do anything in my life. I cant keep living like this when Im 14 years old a soft girl who tries to do everything for her not to scream at me but NOTHINGS EVER ENOUGH. She abused me my whole life and even If she would find out Ive been cutting myself she would probably kill me by herself cause of her madness. Its time for me to end this pain. I love you dad. And I hope this gets to be seen by her. I hope she feels the pain ive been through my whole life.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hello there and thank you for writing in today to National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It takes a lot courage to write in and ask for help and it is very brave you to reach out. It seems like you and mom are having some issues communicating between the two of you right now we do offer a service called a conference call were we set up a call between you and parent. During this call we set boundaries and help you and your parent talked through the issues in a calm and non-judgmental way.

You mentioned committing suicide you are never alone and you can contact us 24/7. You can reach out to National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. We are available through chat or call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). Be safe, stay strong, and things can get better

• ccsmod15
    Hi there, thanks so much for reaching out! We are certainly very concerned for you as you mentioned that you are going to kill yourself. We are here to support you and it shows so much strength that you reached out and posted today! Thank you for posting!

You can call us (1-800-786-2929) 24/7 or live chat with us on our website at the top here to talk more. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is also 24/7 both by phone and online chat: 1-800-273-8255, suicidepreventionlifeline.org. If you are in immediate danger and do not think you can keep yourself safe, calling 911 or going to the nearest emergency room is also always an option!

Another website that you may like is called To Write Love on Her Arms: twloha.com. They have blogs about self-harm from other youth like you, local resources, and a texting crisis line. To use that, text 741-741.

We can also help you find local support groups, therapy, etc. You can call or chat us and we can look in our database for inexpensive/free options. You can also look for support at NAMI.org or samhsa.gov.

Again, you have shown so much strength in reaching out! Thank you for showing such strength and reaching out! We are here 24/7 by chat and at 1-800-786-2929.

Stay safe!
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 07-11-2019, 05:48 PM.

Guest replied
    Hello there I’m gonna kill myself im useless I’m irrelevant and I have no point in life I’ve always wanted to follow dreams but my self esteem has always been low I’m not very confident or comfortable in my own skin I have cut my arms muitiple times when I started high school my parents don’t help me buy toothpaste toothbrush or pads or bath wash

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X