No announcement yet.

My mom makes me want to kill myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a 17 year old girl and mu parents have been fighting pretty bad lately and ladt night it got physical, my mom is usually the one starting the fights ... I dont know what to do i want to leave but im not legally old enough i dont feel safe at home if someone can help me plz do i need to know what to do to get out of this situation.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

It sounds like you are going through a very hard time and that home is currently not a safe space for you. You are doing the best you can and have the right to be in a home that feels safe.

If you have any friends or relatives you could stay with when your parents fight that would be one option. Since you have mentioned that your parents have been fighting a lot and it recently gotten physical, one option might be to reach out to the “National Domestic Violence Hotline” whose number is 1-800-799-7233. They would be able to help provide some support or even some ideas of keeping yourself safe during the times that they fight and/or argue.

If it ever escalates to either of your parents are hurting you, you always have the option of protecting yourself from that abuse. You could reach out to your local child protective services or if you’re thinking about what that process might be (ie. what happens after you report, where you might be placed, etc) you can reach out to “Child Help” whose number is 1-800-422-4453.

We at the National Runaway Safeline are also here for you and would be happy to support you in calling either hotline. In addition, if you feel that your parents would be open to counseling or you would like a counselor to talk to, feel free to give us a call and we can look up those resources to call. If you feel home is unsafe and are looking for a safe place or shelter to go, you can also reach out to NRS at 1-800-RUNAWAY or message us at www.1800runaway.org. We are here to help 24 hours/7 days a week if you need any more support. Thank you so much for reaching out.

Best of luck,
      NRS

• I need your help, if possible. I'm a 16y old boy. My mother want me to kill myself, whenever i do something wrong, or get bad grades she always refers to the past. I have a very bad past, i failed class 9 once that tho i didn't get a chance of retest. And she always yells very loudly that what can you do in life a class 9 failure. You will fail in class 10 too. This really demotivates me. All these things make me think of suicide, i just texted you because i want to give life 1 more chance. I hope you will reply, i'll be waiting.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you are going through so much with school and your mom and it's resulted in you thinking about suicide. Here at NRS, we truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time. You are not your grades or your past, you are enough and you deserve to make it through this.

It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us at www.1800runaway.org if you need to talk.

It sounds like issues at school with your grades and how your mom reacts is what is taking a huge toll on you. If you haven't already, you might try to tell her how you are feeling and what support you need. You might also ask her for a therapist or counselor if you would like to talk through these feelings with a trained professional. To address issues at school, you might also see if it is possible for you to get a tutor or extra help with school by talking to your mom and your teachers. Here at NRS, we have a conference call service if you would like to have a conversation with your mom about how you are feeling in a mediated setting. Please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you are interested in that service.

Please know that we are always here for you via our phone and chat services, and it is always too early to give up.

Be safe,

NRS

• My mom is constantly mean to me. I don't understand why. All she does is yell at me and call me names like ********head and little **********. Whenever I start crying she yells at me for being pathetic because she had a rough childhood and she can't make it clear enough. She does not act this way towards my other siblings and she is so much stricter to me. What do I dpo?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes great courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you decided to reach out for help.
      It sounds like you are going through a hard time. It is not ok for your mom to treat you that way. If your safety is at risk you can call 911. If you ever have thoughts of hurting yourself you can call National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK(8255). Your life matters and we are here to support you through this hard time. You do have the option to file an abuse report however emotional abuse can be hard to prove. You can call Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 and they can help you provide more information on filing an abuse report.

Running away from home can be hard and it can be helpful to think about where you might stay and how you might pay for food, rent and other living expenses. We are not legal experts however speaking generally if you are to leave home and runaway report is filed you can be brought back home and whoever you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway.

This can be a lot to think about and you are doing great by reaching out for help. If you would like you can call us at our confidential hotline at 1-800-786-2929 and we can listen to you, explore your options and provide any resources.

We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.
      Best,
      NRS

• Every time I do something wrong, my mom threatens me and tells me something along the lines of I don't care about your school just stay home and do whatever you want then which really breaks my heart because I think school is really important. Once before I tried hanging myself when my mom came into my room. She saw me but didn't react in anyway so instead, she came up to me and said, "Well I don't care, go ahead and die." After she said that, she started to push my head down. This attempt ultimately failed but a week later she said she was only "joking". Also whenever we argue after the argument she always does something crazy like throw something at the wall. After the craziness, she would ignore me for god knows how long and never call me for food so every time it would be like 9 o clock and the food is already almost finished. She would also act like I never existed after arguments. She wouldn't even look at me. Once, I was trying to focus on something and my mom came in and asked for help and I said just in a second but she just threw my phone at my table and almost broke it but then took my phone and threw my pencil box and my neck. Then, when I was trying to get my phone back, she threw it hard on the ground so it broke and threw a metal bowl that almost hit me. My mom thinks this is how you parent but I don't like it because I always have these suicidal thoughts at the back of my head, and I bet if I tried to commit suicide again, she would laugh and encourage me to do it. I've sometimes thought of running away from home but too scared on what might happen if I'm alone with nothing. I don't know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for telling us your story and reaching out. It can be difficult telling others what has happened to you and you have been very brave to do so. We’re also sorry to hear that you’ve attempted suicide in the past. Your life is very important. If you begin having those thoughts again and want to talk with someone anonymously, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. One resource that might work for you is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You can reach them at 1-800-273-8255. They also have an internet chat function through their website at suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

We want you to know that no one deserves to be abused, and you should not have to go through that. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse you’ve been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453.

Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. We’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your parents could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. The people you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble for having you stay there without your mom’s permission. You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state. If you don’t feel safe and feel like you need to get away Nationalsafeplace.org provides a safe location for you to meet a staff member who can take you to a designated place where you can discuss all options about how to stay safe. You can text 44357 the word “safe,” and your location to find a safe location in your area. Once you arrive let someone who works there know you need help connecting with a staff member.

One service we can offer is to conference call with your parents. This way you could have a conversation with your parents but you would not be alone. For example, it may be hard for you to explain to your mom how the way she talks to you affects you and why you feel like she does not care about you. Sometimes those conversations go better in a conference call because we can advocate for you. If you want to reach us, you can chat with us anytime at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We’re here 24/7, and we are ready to listen and help however we can.

• I don't know what to do anymore. My mom, she repeatedly threatens to kill me and chop me up in little pieces. She says she doesn't care if she ends up in prison. I remember when she used to lock me up in the closet in her bedroom when I was younger. That's how much she despises my small and miserable existence. I always do everything for her and it's never enough. I cook her dinner, clean the whole house (well it's not mine anymore), do extremely well in school (I don't eat anymore because I have all honors/ap classes and the work is overwhelming). But still, it's never ever enough. However she constantly belittles me and shows me how worthless I am. However, my siblings don't get the same treatment as me and she shows me how better they are than me.

My birth father was worse than her, and he left us. Thank the good Lord. But, she reminds me of him and my PTSD and anxiety gets worse.

I'm so stressed and I feel like the world is choking me and everything feels like it's going to crush me and I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind.

I just want everything to end.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thank you for being brave enough to talk about your situation. First off we want to say that abuse whether its physical, sexual, emotional or verbal, it is never okay and you do not deserve it and do have the right to report it. We want you to know that you do have the right to make a report with Child Protective Services. Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline. That number is 1-800-422-4453. We understand that making an abuse report can be intimidating so if you like we can call together to provide support.
      You do not deserve how your mother is treating you. It is understandable that you would want to leave a place where you are not being treated fairly and are being threatened. We don’t want you to give up hope or feel as is no one is there for you. There are other support services out there for you if you ever just need to talk to someone about what you are experiencing. The National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255 is a great resources for such a thing.
      We want to encourage you to give us as a call and we can help you come up with a safety plan and locate safe places for you to go. 1-800-786-2929 you can always call us to talk about what you are going through and receive some support. We provide free, confidential, and nonjudgmental services. Everyone deserves to be respected and loved.
      Best wishes,
      NRS

• i'm 12..and my mom hits me and stuff ever since i was a child i'd do bad things and she'd still hit me she smokes around me and she Calls me names everyday and degrades me witch i don't understand how i'm abusing her because she says that i'm abusing her like yelling at her? and not doing what she says i didn't even think parent abuse was a thing..I don't know but she calls me fat and stupid retarded and stuff and she gets all up in my face when she has been smoking weed she does it all the time and i'm tired of it sometimes my dad hits me and beats me too..I feel like i'm not wanted i'm still going through this.

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for telling us your story and reaching out. It can be difficult telling others what has happened to you and you are strong for doing so. We want you to know that no one deserves to be abused, and you should not have to go through that. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse you’ve been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453.

We’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your parents could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. The people you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble for having you stay there if your parents did not give you permission to be there. This may change if you report the abuse. You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state.

If you don’t feel safe and feel like you need to get away Nationalsafeplace.org provides a safe location for you to meet a staff member who can take you to a designated place where you can discuss all options about how to stay safe. You can text 44357 the word “safe,” and your location to find a safe location in your area. Once you arrive let someone who works there know you need help connecting with a staff member.

If you think there’s any chance you might hurt yourself, please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 800.273.8255 or 911 to talk to someone right away. If you’d like to talk more about what’s going on, and would like some help figuring out what options you may have, please give us a call at 800.RUNAWAY or chat with us anytime, any day of the week at 1800runaway.org. We’re available and ready to listen to whatever you’d like to talk about.

stay strong and best of luck,

-NRS.

• i hate my life. my female gurdian has made my life miserable i can't stress enough about how much she compares me to her christen friends daughters she gives little comments and acts like it's my fault that I reacted to her stupid comment. She is always saying "yeah when i die your going to feel it" like buddy ill kill myself before you'll even have the chance too. Hop off my life and get some help because i helping myself i try to stop fights but you keep coming out with it so im done with ur bs, i know i have problems but where do you think i get it from.....

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to listen and here to help. Wow it seems like you are going through an incredibly difficult time right now. If you are ever feeling suicidal please contact The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at: 1800-273-8255. There is always someone willing to listen and willing to provide support. Another option may be to consider speaking with a school counselor about what is going on. Sometimes talking to a profession can help.
      We wish you the best of luck. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

• I want to kill my mom and don’t say that ur mother lives I and this and that I want to kill this ********** and get away with it
    that is all I want to do

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Here at NRS, we are incredibly worried about you and your mom's safety. We can help call 911 for you if you are feeling like your mom is in immediate danger of being harmed by you. We do not promote violence, if you want to talk about what you are going through please do not hesitate to call or chat us: 1-800-RUNAWAY or www.1800runaway.org.

We truly want to help. You all deserve to make it through this.

Best,

NRS

• Im 12 and my mother is so rude to me i already tried everything to get away but i cant she makes me want to just jump off a bridge and she forces me and things i cant and she is a bad mom

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) can also be a great resource to have a safe space to share how you’re feeling and may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of.

Take care and stay safe,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X