No announcement yet.

My mom makes me want to kill myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my mom so ********ing much we always argue ever since i entered middle school (im in yr 7) and basically she makes me feel annoyed bad tempered moody and suicidal. she forces me to study yr 11 stuff and i cant go hang out with my friends like a normal person. we always fight and she is always sounding like a lunatic, i always wonder what it is like to fall down from a very high building and i always try to imagine that the person that is falling down from a high building is me and then i just realise that if i died it would be painless and also a relief to both my mom and me, sometimes i even wonder whether she is my real mum or not bc compared to my other friends they parents spoil them and let them do whatever they want whereas I cant and i dont have any free time of my own to do my own stuff AT ALL and i just feel so pissed like 100% of the time and the only time when im happy is at school so i hate the holidays a lot especially the summer holidays bc its 6 long weeks of having to hopefully be able to keep my mum happy otherwise we'll get into another argument and i obviously don't want to do that... pls reply soon and pls give me some advice on how to stop my life from going so annoyingly tedious.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, thank you for reaching out! It sounds like living with your mom is very stressful and difficult. We are based in the USA so most of our knowledge and information sources are restricted to this country. We are really worried about you, as you mentioned wanting to kill yourself several times. Your home sounds very hard to live in; there are options for you!

There is an organization similar to us in the UK called ChildLine- https://www.childline.org.uk/ or call them at 0800 1111. This number does not show up on your phone bill if that is a concern. You can chat on their site with a counselor who may be able to help you problem solve and think of some of the other options you have.

There are also some helpful hotlines for people feeling suicidal:
      Samaritans – for everyone
      Call 116 123
      Email jo@samaritans.org

Papyrus – for people under 35
      Call 0800 068 41 41 – Monday to Friday 10am to 10pm, weekends 2pm to 10pm, bank holidays 2pm to 5pm
      Text 07786 209697
      Email pat@papyrus-uk.org

If you feel in immediate danger and do not think you can keep yourself safe, contact 999 and an ambulance can take you to hospital to get more immediate help!

We are worried about you and hope these resources are helpful. Best of luck reaching out and finding support in friends, family, and at the resources above. You have options!

• hi my mom has always got me in trouble for the littlest things ever, we always argue and i’m always in the wrong she never does anything wrong in her eyes. Every time we argue she starts acting like the victim and i have to apologize but she never does. when we argue i end up trying to tell her how i feel because i’ll be really hurt i tell her that i hate myself and that i feel like no cares about me that i just want to end my life she just ends up telling me that i’m trying to manipulate her and im being dramatic.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. You mentioned that you have previously told your mom that you want to end your life but she does not take you seriously. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

It sounds like your mom isn’t listening to you when you are trying to express your thoughts and feelings about your current situation. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• i wanna die my mom yells at me every day and it make me depressed and feel bad inside she won’t let me leave and my grandpa makes me feel worse i don’t know what to do i just need someone to talk to because the kids my age don’t understand me i feel like and i just wanna die

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds like you have been going through a lot, so we are glad you are reaching out to us because we are here to help.

In your message you mentioned that you want to die. It may be a good idea to talk to someone about those feelings. Maybe a trusted adult, like a family member (that isn’t your mom or grandpa), or a school counselor. Sharing how you feel or speaking about the depression you mentioned could be a good first step in changing your situation or feelings.

If you don’t feel comfortable speaking with someone close to you, please know that you are not alone and that there are resources with people who are willing and able to talk about your feelings. We have liners on our hotline that can listen and support you 24 hours a day 7 days a week through our hotline at 1-800-786-2929. If you were to call and tell us a little bit more about your situation, we could offer some more resources that may be of help. Another resource that may be of help is NAMI (the National Alliance on Mental Illness). They have a helpline at 1-800-950-6264 and can connect you to local support group or services to help you with the feelings of wanting to die and the depression you mentioned.

As we said before, we are here to help, but we are also here to listen. If you ever wanted to talk to someone on the line, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us on our website (1800runaway.org). We are free and confidential.

Best of luck!
      NRS

• Hi.. So, I don't think this is nearly as drastic as others have dealt with, I'm quite young, and this isn't a major issue. I guess.. I kind of feel like I'm not normal sometimes. My parents block everything on both of my devices, they set a screen time and a downtime, and I've recently convinced them to unblock Youtube. Currently, it is Summer, and I don't have school, so I woke up kind of late, which my parents were really upset about. See, I was supposed to have friends over today, and my mom wanted me to clean the house so she could invite them. I cleaned the living room and my room, but I guess I didn't put in enough effort. I watched Youtube for quite a bit of time, I guess.. She came home from work and got pretty mad at me, and we both kind of shouted back and forth to each other (I've developed minor anger issues, I suppose). After this particular moment, I was a bawling mess, and I started muttering to myself. I soon began to realize that they don't care about me. They've done this for a long time. They just care about my future, not about the person I am. I wish they would treat me like other parents treat their kids.. My mom has two sides. The "tired after work" side, and the "friendly and super sweet" side. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, but after they literally took out the internet for like, five minutes and then blocked Youtube, and after my mother screamed at me, and pretty much stopped talking to me, I realized this is the last straw. She was saying something about how she works so hard and then comes home to see me.. What did I actually do? And, I get that my mom works hard, and has to deal with a lot of crap at work, but I'm not even old enough to work yet, how am I supposed to work? She does realize that one day I'm going to work, and bring in money, and deal with crap too, right? And let me tell you, she comes home from work and plays this game on her laptop the entire day when she's not at work. And she wants ME to spend time with my family?! HOW DO I SPEND TIME WITH MY FAMILY WHEN MY FAMILY IS NEVER HOME?! Anyways, after this argument, my mom went into her room, (she was "tired"), I felt really bad, and I still do. I have one friend, who has pretty severe depression, and this friend's parents are a dozen times crappier than mine.. This friend tells me how they cut.. And I feel like doing it.. But I've been doing some google searches and stuff. I feel like literally dying, I don't want to, and I don't know why either. I'm too young to deal with this crap. I'm technically not even a teenager yet. Why do I have to go through this? Why can't my life just be normal? I try so hard to be good. I just can't. I consulted my friend about this, but I haven't gotten a reply yet, so I saw the first post, and it brought me to tears. I suddenly feel really stupid about writing this. My parents are generally really nice, I'm just insane. My problem is not nearly as big as the others, but I'd appreciate if you looked at it.. I just feel really crappy right now.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

• My mom always tries to bring me to places that I don’t want to go to for reasons. Like she tries to drag me along to go to the beach when I don’t want to. I start to break down and cry when she starts yelling at me for not wanting to go. She also brings her sister, or my aunt along on the trip. My mom tells her sister to yell at me or something and I start crying more. My mom threatens to destroy my tablet, game console, and new phone, so I start crying and thinking about killing myself. Those devices are my only ways to contact friends that I play games with online. She starts to count down from 10 and says if I don’t go she’ll cut off the WiFi and leave me at home. I cry and bang my head on the wall mumbling that I want to kill myself to her. She hears and says I can do that tommorow crybaby. She goes downstairs, I then follow since I didn’t want to be left at ho e with nothing to do. I get in the car and my aunt and mom bully me in English and in different languages. A few days later I’m really angry at my mom and is thinking about killing myself from all the stress given from my mom. Also a month ago or something she fell for some water pyramid scheme and she used like 2000 dollars on it and she’s trying to get all of her friends and family into it and it’s really embarrassing.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe, NRS

• Ever since my brother passed away my mom has become hell walking on earth there are times I think about running away I'm 22 years old and I'm autistic but I feel like my mom is doing everything she can to make sure I stay so she can mistreat me to the point I can't take it anymore I dont care if I'm the only kid she has left I cant do this with her anymore besides I feel like if I did she'd only complain about it, and her boyfriend is in jail and she wants me to be part of something I just don't care for I don't know what to do anymore
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 07-04-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to NRS. We are very sorry about the loss of your brother. That alone is a lot for you to deal with, but your mom’s mistreatment of you makes everything about your situation worse. We want you to be in a place that is safe for you and we want you to know that you are not alone: that we are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You matter to us and your life matters to us. If you are feeling unsafe, you can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. And we hope that you will consider calling our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) where we can talk over your situation and search for shelter and resources in your area. You can also access our live chat service through the website 1800runaway.org

We will help you identify the options you have and search for resources and support during this difficult time.
      Sincerely, NRS

• Hello their well I came to this website to try and read what everyone els says about their parents to try and feel better like see other people’s story's but honestly it just makes me feel so ********ty to read about everyone's els life’s and what kids now have to go through it’s sad and makes me sad I mean I feel bad but now I guess I’ll explain my situation ( I’m only 17 years old I just had my birthday June 24th and it’s pretty ********ty so far I mean me and my mom have always got into disagreements about stuff for a while I think it got a lot worse when my father left the first time that was a hard hit on me then shortly after my sister left my favorite sister that basically raised me as her own she left cause my mother was to emotionally abusive .... she always denied it but everyone knew it was true .. when that sister left my mom went a little nuts for a few years taking everything out on her other kids her and my sister would constantly get into arguments and get fiscal with each other and hit each other which was never beneficial for anyone sept the kids my sister would always yell at my mom to protect us she was the only one that would stand up against my mom for what she did to all of us she would make my mom mad at her so she wouldn’t hurt us that happened for a few years till my mom sent m sister away for 11 months to a center to “ get her better “ when my sister was sent their it was bad for me and my other sister for a long time my mom no longer took it out on my other sisters cause she was gone so their for she took it out on my and my other sister for so long that’s when she began to hurt us emotionally and Physically .. it got bad for a while when my sister got out she had to move in with my oldest sibling cause my mother made her leave the house so we where stuck again for a few years dealing with my mom and her abuse it got bad for a while and then my my other sister got old enough and moved out and that has left me in the house alone with my mother for a few years it’s just me and my mom my father dose not live with us so I have to constantly take the abuse I keep trying to tell my self 1 more year one more year and your free but now my moms tell my she is going to send me to a place till I’m 18 cause she can’t “take my $hit anymore at this rate I would be happy to go but if she sends me their she said she is going to burn all of my belongings and put my emotional support pet to sleep because “ I didn’t deserve any of it” and I know for a fact she will cause she did it to my other sister and I can’t I can’t make it one more year .... if i stay I’m going to kill my self or she is going to lose control and end up Fu**ing killing me or I get sent someone and come out with nothing and she is gonna kill my pet

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Wow it sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now.
      Abuse is never okay and we are sorry that you are going through all of that. You always have the right to file an abuse report. You can file an abuse report by calling The Child Help Line at: 1800-422-4453. We know that sometimes making an abuse report can be scary if you would like our help please give us a call.
      You also mentioned your mother possibly putting your ESA down. One option you could consider is seeing if any of your family or friends would be willing to take care of your pet. You may also contact local shelters and see what your options are.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• I'm 18 years old and my mom is a horrible **********. She always degrades me and my big sister for the littlest things and when we try to justify things, she always yell at us or hang up the phone in our faces. I really wanna go to therapy to check up on myself but she nevers let me go out the house or even let me hang out with my friends. She stopped paying my phone bill and she knows I have important people calling me for scholorships for college and she supposedly paid for a random man plane ticket that she met like 3 or 4 months ago and we don't even have food in our fridge at all. Last time she brought a man over, he was an asshole. He didn't have a job but she always came to him first before us. It makes me sick and the man she met just now doesn't even have a job but she still doesn't care. She buys him food and leaves us with absolutely nothing to eat and always wonder "what's wrong with us?" She just embarrassed me in front of the damn guy all because I said "what?" when she knocked on my door by yelling at me and calling me useless. She makes me wanna hurt myself everyday because she hurts me alot mentality and physically. Even when I was bullied in 8th grade to the point I wanted to end my life, she didn't care at all, I gotten in trouble for that. And when I was in 5th grade, she beated me because I thought I lost my project paper for class and slapped me so hard twice, she broke a vessel in my left eye and when I came out to her, she beated me and choked me because "I was wrong" and I became more scared of her and I told my big sister all of my secrets instead of her. She almost found out about that and she almost got angry with me. It sounds like I'm digging everything up just to blame her for this but I am. I don't care anymore. I feel like I'm going to snap and actually going to kill myself because of her and I haven't stopped crying for weeks and I keep forgetting to eat or drink as well. I keep crying everyday because of her and I don't want to do anything with her once I'm out of her house, I'm sick of this pain... I can't even go out and have fun with my friends or just take a walk outside. I always stayed inside ever since I was born and I still can't have to freedom to go out. I can't call anyone because my phone is off and no one will be able to check up on me. I feel like it would be better if I did just disapper because I feel like she wouldn't give a ******** about me at all. I've been trying to get help from my old schools and people around me and I feel like they don't even want to listen. I feel like I will never get anywhere in life. I wish I gotten help before and I wouldn't be feeling like everything is my fault everyday. I just want to run away far from her or just end my existence right now. I hate her and I hate myself.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like there is a lot going on at home and you are in a difficult situation. You do not deserve to be treated that way.
      One option you could consider is trying to talk with a counselor about what is going on, sometimes talking to a professional can make us feel better and they may be able to provide us with additional resources. You can also try talking to a trusted adult or a friend having someone to vent to can help with your situation.
      We are not legal experts but in most states the legal age to leave home is 18 years old. If your state’s legal age of majority is 18 you would be able to leave home legally. If you do decide to leave home we hope that you are in a safe place. If you need shelter resources please give us a call at anytime.
      You also mentioned wanting to end your life. We want you to know that your life is valuable and you are worth living. There is always someone willing to listen and provide support. You can always contact The National Suicide Prevention Line at: 1800-273-8255.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• my mom makes me feel worthless. every time she gets into a mood, she blames everything on me, and makes me feel like everything is my fault. i try to be as good as i can be for her, but it's never enough. i just wish i could have a good relationship with her but that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. we've been having a rocky relationship since i was really young and i hate it. i've been going to the gym for a year now (trying to lose weight) and after so long i thought i did because everyone, including her, were telling me how good i look. but recently and even today she's been calling me fat and just bringing me down. i'm not perfect for her and it sucks because she hates me. she's always yelling at me, telling me what i need to fix about myself, or telling me how to live my life and it's upsetting. it's depressing how much i hate myself because of everything she does to me. she's been bullying me for a while now, and it lowers any confidence i once had. i try to tell her new things going on, or if i'm happy about something and want to tell her, but she doesn't seem to care. watching her youtube videos are more important than her own daughter... i thought our relationship was finally going well and i really thought it was after YEARS of arguing, getting kicked out, etc but no. im not worthy enough for her, and she's ready for me to leave. and hey, maybe if i was gone, she'd be happier.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, thanks for posting. Your situation with your mom sounds really difficult. We are sorry you are experiencing all of that!
      It sounds like you are really upset by the words your mom says to you and how she treats you, which is totally understandable! Perhaps finding someone to talk to about all of this may help? Friends and family may be options. If you are interested in professional help too, you can look into samhsa.gov. There you can find local mental health counselors who are trained to listen to you and help you process some of the things your mom is saying to you that are so hurtful. We also have a database of inexpensive or free counseling and other youth services so if you call us at 1-800-786-2929 or live chat through our website at the top, we can provide more assistance directly. We also have shelter options if you feel you need a different place to stay for awhile. We can help brainstorm other options and help you reach out to local shelters.

If you are ever in immediate danger of hurting yourself, please call us here. We are here 24/7. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is also 24/7 online and on the phone: 1-800-273-8255 suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

You showed a lot of strength in reaching out today. It seems like your situation is really tough and you are doing your best to take care of yourself!

Best of luck and reach out at 1-800-786-2929 or by chat anytime!

• Today my mom started screaming at me because I wanted to leave my private school. It costed us nothing because I got a scholarship. She kept telling me how I will never go anywhere in life and she was going to send me to a military school. I’m only 12 year old boy and am very depressed. No one will listen to me because my sister has depression and they think I am imitating her. I want to kill myself. I don’t understand why no one loves me.

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there and thank you for writing in today to National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It takes a lot courage to write in and ask for help and it is very brave you to reach out. It seems like you and mom are having some issues communicating between the two of you right now we do offer a service called a conference call were we set up a call between you and parent. During this call we set boundaries and help you and your parent talked through the issues in a calm and non-judgmental way.

You mentioned committing suicide you are never alone and you can contact us 24/7. You can reach out to National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. We are available through chat or call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). Be safe, stay strong, and things can get better

• Hello there I’m gonna kill myself im useless I’m irrelevant and I have no point in life I’ve always wanted to follow dreams but my self esteem has always been low I’m not very confident or comfortable in my own skin I have cut my arms muitiple times when I started high school my parents don’t help me buy toothpaste toothbrush or pads or bath wash

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thanks so much for reaching out! We are certainly very concerned for you as you mentioned that you are going to kill yourself. We are here to support you and it shows so much strength that you reached out and posted today! Thank you for posting!

You can call us (1-800-786-2929) 24/7 or live chat with us on our website at the top here to talk more. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is also 24/7 both by phone and online chat: 1-800-273-8255, suicidepreventionlifeline.org. If you are in immediate danger and do not think you can keep yourself safe, calling 911 or going to the nearest emergency room is also always an option!

Another website that you may like is called To Write Love on Her Arms: twloha.com. They have blogs about self-harm from other youth like you, local resources, and a texting crisis line. To use that, text 741-741.

We can also help you find local support groups, therapy, etc. You can call or chat us and we can look in our database for inexpensive/free options. You can also look for support at NAMI.org or samhsa.gov.

Again, you have shown so much strength in reaching out! Thank you for showing such strength and reaching out! We are here 24/7 by chat and at 1-800-786-2929.

Stay safe!
      Last edited by ccsmod15; 07-11-2019, 05:48 PM.

• My mum hates me. She never ever showed me any kind of respect or love. She has called me names that hurt a lot. I live with her alone and I'm just like my father who I love. He is so soft kind and always loved and was here when she wasnt. She hates us and its really difficult to live with her because we are two totally different people and everything has to be perfect for her. She never sat down and hear me to understand mw. She always says that Im useless and Ill never do anything in my life. I cant keep living like this when Im 14 years old a soft girl who tries to do everything for her not to scream at me but NOTHINGS EVER ENOUGH. She abused me my whole life and even If she would find out Ive been cutting myself she would probably kill me by herself cause of her madness. Its time for me to end this pain. I love you dad. And I hope this gets to be seen by her. I hope she feels the pain ive been through my whole life.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

• How do I make my parents happy because every time I try they decrad me and make me feel worthless and every night I cry myself to sleep because of it and half the time they both make me want to kill myself

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your parents. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.
      We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• My mom will randomly scream at me for little things as blaming me for my fathers death saying I’m retarded and I’m a whore and that I deserve to die,this did end up giving me depression but when I tried to open up to her about it she said good want me to help you then punched me and would start hurting me like pushing me down the steps telling me to kill my self and to leave the house forcing me to get a job even doe I’m 13 years old she would then say I’m a spoiled slut and that I suck dick when I leave the house or will embarrass me in front of all my friends beating me live.This ended up as a common thing and has made me want to kill myself by trying to put myself in harms way.

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for telling us your story and reaching out. It can be difficult telling others what has happened to you. We want you to know that no one deserves to be abused, and you should not have to go through that. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse you’ve been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453.

We’re also sorry to hear that you’ve thought about suicide. Your life is very important. If you begin having those thoughts again and want to talk with someone anonymously, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. One resource that might work for you is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You can reach them at 1-800-273-8255. They also have an internet chat function through their website at suicidepreventionlifeline.org
      You mentioned depression. If you’re not currently getting mental health resources, it can be really helpful to get treatment As your mental health suffers, you have -limited ability to handle the other stressors in your life. You can contact the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to connect you to mental health resources at 1-800-950-6264 or NAMI.org You may also want to talk to your school because they should have a counselor for you.

We’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your mom could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. The people you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble for having you stay there if your mom did not give permission for you to be there. You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state.

If you don’t feel safe and feel like you need to get away Nationalsafeplace.org provides a safe location for you to meet a staff member who can take you to a designated place where you can discuss all options about how to stay safe. You can text 44357 the word “safe,” and your location to find a safe location in your area. Once you arrive let someone who works there know you need help connecting with a staff member.

Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call our 24 hour hotline at 1-800Runaway (786-2929) or use our live chat. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

Stay strong,

-NRS.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X