No announcement yet.

My mom makes me want to kill myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m 16 and my entire life I’ve had to deal with my mum and her verbal abuse. When I was kid she did hit me but now that I’m older it’s more on the verbal, emotional and mental abuse. Ever since last year I’ve feeling very suicidal and my mum makes it worse because she then says how fat I am and that I need to lose weight. Then she goes on to talk about me and my hygiene saying I stink and that people won’t want to be near me as well as me being disgusting and horrific. She’s also called me several other things which I don’t want to write down. I’m constantly terrified of her. When I was only 10 I wanted to run away and hide away forever and never deal with her. I even made a plan and nearly did, I only didn’t because I was 10 and I didn’t wake up on time to run. She’s very recently found out about me self harming and it’s just made everything even worse. She doesn’t seem to care that I’m self harming. All she says about it is that I will never be able to get a job like this and people want nothing to do with me when I act like this. She thinks it’s because I am constantly bullied at school. She was so angry at me for self harming. When she found out that I was self harming she didn’t ask why or what with. All she asked was “do you think you’ll be able to keep a job when you act like this?” She wants me to get a job during GCSE’s which has just put even more pressure on me. I’ve told her that I feel like a disappointment and that I feel everyone would be happier with me gone but every time I try to say something she brushes it off like it’s just a simple phase or says something like, “well you won’t be with those boys for much longer.” Then minutes later she would scream at me and tell how horrid I am with my attitude, looks and everything in between. She doesn’t like that I watch anime and she’s threatened to stop me from watching anything because she says I’m obsessed and that’s what’s causing me to be like this. It doesn’t help when my uncle and aunt then decide to join in and side with my mum. When she sent photos of my wrists, because I tried to slit them, to my aunt and uncle they reacted horribly and were all siding with my mum and saying stuff like: “I am not leaving (my little cousin) alone with her” which I can understand. “I won’t write a reference for her to get a job.” “Those scratches are superficial, she’s only doing this for attention. If you really want to take her to the NHS and get someone to look at her or have her sectioned.” Thats the one that really made me worse. The fact that I was accused of doing this for attention. I have hidden this for months until it accidentally got out because my mum invaded my privacy and searched through my phone. And if you don’t know what sectioned is it is being locked inside the hospital room over night with no contact to anyone, which honestly prettified me with the very idea that my family would consider that. I’ve tried several times to kill myself but she doesn’t care. All she seems to care about is me not getting a job in this state. She doesn’t even realise that she is making me feel like this. Every time she yells at me, rants about me or complains about me makes me want to die even more. She claims I am obsessed with my phone because I am always on it. Yes, I am always on my phone but that’s because it’s the only thing I enjoy in life because I’m able to talk to people who act like they care about me. Not to mention I need it for revision as I’m in GCSE’s and going to college soon. But because I’m ‘obsessed’ I am no longer allowed a phone with WiFi of any sort and the type of phone where I can’t send texts to anyone unless it’s an absolute emergency. She is basically stopping me from ever talking to any of my friends ever again. Most I will never see again after I leave school and I want to keep in contact with them. Then yesterday I was at home alone because my mum was at work. I had put the dogs in their cage as my uncle was coming round to do some building and we couldn’t have them getting in the way because they would jump all over him. After around 3 minutes of her leaving my uncle came over because he was coming to build my wardrobe and chest of draws. I let him get to it after helping to move things into the room and get him a drink. I went to the lounge with my phone and some books to do some revision. After a while of revising for the exam I had today I sat down and messaged my friends for a few minutes until I got up and took all the washing out from the washing burner machine and hung it on the line before my brother, who’s away at uni, called me and we talked for a few minutes until my aunt and little cousin came round. I had just had to deal with my little cousin the previous night and, I know this sounds rude and cruel but I find him super annoying to deal with and I was so tired because he kicked me out of my bed and made me sleep on the sofa which was not comfy, and he started to talk to my brother which I had no problem with. Then my brother said I could go on his Nintendo switch which I was very happy about and I did. I sat down with my cousin and went on it. My aunt walked in, in silence, and sat down. I said hi as did my brother. She said hi, not even looking up from her phone. Then she didn’t speak at all so I thought she was busy. She then walked out again to my uncle and after a few seconds so did my little cousin. None of them came back in so I was just sitting on the sofa trying out the game he said I could. When they left I get a message from my mum saying that I was super rude to them and that apparently I wouldn’t talk to Zach and that I hadn’t gotten off the sofa all day. Also how they hadn’t seen the dogs all day. So I got in deep trouble and screamed at because she gathered I would’ve been on my phone. Throughout the day when they had not been there I had done revision and chores. All I wanted was a bit of time to myself and I get shouted at for it for being rude and lazy. Every day when I finish school I am always terrified that I’ve done something wrong and that my mum found it and started shouting and all that stuff. Every day I fear her and am scared of what she would do. I told her this once and it ended really badly. She started screaming at me and when I went to bed to try and hide from it she came out and started to unpack her suitcase as she works on an airplane and started throwing stuff at me. It made me shake and my mum saw and this made her even more mad and threw more stuff at me. The only problem is I’ve been to the school about how mum has treated me and they then tell my mum. She will then play victim when she’s been called in and start crying and the teachers will side with her. Then when we leave I get in serious trouble and get screamed at. I can’t go to my dad because he lives 2 or 3 hours away and I still have exams. She really scares me and Shen makes everything I feel 10 times worse to the point of self harming and trying to kill myself. And this is only the tiniest thing u could write to explain what’s been happening. I can’t deal with it anymore and I don’t know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
      We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

I ********ing hate my life right now, my mom is such a **********, one time i was helping my dad put a new bed in my room and i couldnt lift this one piece of the bed and i yelled at my mom so he could hear me and i said “dad i cant lift it can you help me?” And she walked near my door and said to me “of course you cant lift it” and i was so ********ing mad at her i just wanted to tell her “hey why dont you ********ing try and lift this heavy piece of metal you **********” but if i do all shes gonna do is try to get me more mad but that isnt the point the point is shes the reason i have anxiety in life shes always been critizing me in life and been telling me stuff that always made me sad, one time when i was turning 12 the day before my bday i got made at her i dont recall why but when she was getting on my nerves i finally snapped and yelled at her “I WISH YOU WERENT MY MOM AT ALL” and she snapped back and i closed my door locked it and she was banging on it trying to break it down threatening me stuff saying if i dont open the door up right now, and i got scared walking back and forth listening to her rage and when i got scared and opened it she walked at me angerily and yelled at me saying im lucky shes in my life and that theirs other children in life with no parents at all and she gripped my arm tightly and i was crying and usually everytime she heard me cry she would tell me to shut up or she’ll give me something to cry about and right now i just feel so ********ing useless and weak, my moms favorites were always my younger sister and youngest brother and she always blamed me for small inconveniences in life and i just wish she loved me as much as she does as she loves the others, she acts all nice and stuff when theirs people around but when they leave shes a ********ing demon! I just wanna run away or kill myself, shes pushed me to the point where i even started hurting myself by punching my arms and tried cutting myself, and one time my sister pushed me off the bed and i hit my head so hard on a cabinet nearby it left a bruise so noticable, she didnt even punish her! But when I accidentally pushed my brother and he hit his hit lightly i was not in the mood and she punishes me by saying i wont ever have a phone and and i can no longer go hangout with my friends, i just wish i was in another family, one that has a kind loving mother at least, and i really hated the fact that i was always treated like ******** as a kid by my mom, she even once left me in a cold bathtub while she was eating, i was screaming and crying for her to get me out and i was 4 and i didnt know how to turn off the water so i was scared and i was left there for a whole hour crying and screaming “ma get me out please its so cold!” and when my dad came home he got me out and hugged me saying hes sorry it ever happened and he was my favorite one in the family ever since, my mom didnt even look sorry i remember she laughed when she forgot me and said sorry like she didnt even mean it and she still treats me like i dont have feelings, i even try not crying when she treats me badly, i dont wanna kill myself because i got alot to lose if i do like my friends and dad and my cousins that come from my dads side of the family, and my friends are the only reason im even alive right now, if i didnt meet my best friend ever, i would have been dead right now, and im giving life another shot, but this time im asking for help, please someone help me, im tired of crying every night knowing tomorrow’s not gonna get any better as long as shes around

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      We are very sorry for everything you are going through. it sounds like it's been really hard for a long time and you have been so brave and strong. it sounds like it's scary and chaotic with your mom: not knowing what her mood will be or what the rules are for each engagement with her. That is a very hard situation to be in.

We are so glad that you found us, and we admire you for being brave and asking for help. You deserve help. We believe you and are here for you. We are very glad that you feel better with your dad, and that your friends, and especially your best friend are there and supportive to you. We are glad that you have them as reasons to live because suicide is permanent, but this situation with your mom IS NOT. Just the fact that you will be an adult and have your own life and home and choices. You will have a life where you can choose to associate with your mom or not. And so for now, the times when you are feeling that you want to hurt yourself, remember that your friends and believe you, and we believe you.

If you are feeling that you want to end your life, please reach out to us or to the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK. We also hope you will reach out to us through our live chat service at 1-800-runaway.org, or so that we can fully support you and listen to you, please call our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). We are here 24/7 to listen and help you make a plan that will help you to feel more in control of your life and situation. Together we can help you find resources and ideas to help things to feel better for you.

Sincerely,

NRS

I don't know if this argument is even valid, and I have a lot to say. I just turned 14 last week. When I was younger, my dad abused my mom and my brothers, which is the reason I don't count him as an option. I don't necessarily want to run away, but I just want to know what I can do. Let's just say that my mom is crazy. I don't mean that she sometimes does things that can be questionable, no. I mean that she is constantly 24/7 acting like a lunatic. My mom is very religious, which can be a problem relatively often. If she thinks that I am doing something that God wouldn't like, she tries to make me stop what I am doing or get rid of what she thinks is causing it. For example, a few days ago, my mom and grandma gave me birthday money so that I could get what I wanted without them having to guess. They have done this for years, which I enjoy, because they happen to sort of be bad present givers. Anyways, I bought a Nightmare Before Christmas poster for $5 from my local Walmart. I brought it home and put it on my wall above my bed. My mom came into my room complaining that my poster was a "portal for demons, and it needed to be taken out of the house". I told her I would take it down, but my friend was staying the night, so I was just thinking I would take it down later. Later that night, I had forgotten about the poster, and I was playing a video game with my friend. All of a sudden, my mom bursts into my room yelling and screaming about how I was supposed to take the poster down, so she went and ripped it off of my wall, took it outside, and burned it​​​​​​. Just like that. She does this type of thing ALL THE TIME. I don't think thats a geniune reason to leave, but I really wish it was, because my mom is driving me crazy. She always tells me that everyone in Hollywood is a "tranny" and she is extremely homophobic. She explains to me that the Earth is flat and that public schools are ruining children. She doesn't believe anything unless it says it in the bible. She did leave the house for a few day a couple weeks ago, and with her gone, I realized that my life is better without her. What are my choices in this situation? My older sister lives next door and she has a spare bedroom. Too bad, though, because my mom would never let me live anywhere but with her. Sometimes, my mom will be completely fine, but the second she mentions religion, she goes ballistic. I am unable to tolerate her when she gets like that, so I usually ignore her when she starts talking about Christianity. Sometimes I'll go to my room to get away from her, but she follows me and starts telling me that theres a demon in me making me walk away from her. I just feel like I'm out of options, here.
    ​​​​​

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for telling us your story and reaching out. It can be difficult telling others about your personal life and what has been happening to you. First we would like to say you are a very strong person, living with someone who says you have a demon inside you or is not willing to let you enjoy your own birthday presents can’t be easy. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. We’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your parents could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. The people you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble for harboring and minor depending on your age and state you are in. You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state.

If you don’t feel safe and feel like you need to get away Nationalsafeplace.org provides a safe location for you to meet a staff member who can take you to a designated place where you can discuss all options about how to stay safe. You can text 44357 the word “safe,” and your location to find a safe location in your area. Once you arrive let someone who works there know you need help connecting with a staff member. We also have access to a shelter data base if you are interested in staying in a shelter or a transitional living program.
      You mentioned witnessing your mom and brothers were physically abused by your father. No one deserves to be abused, and you and your family should not have to go through that. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse that has happened. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453.

Sometimes talking to someone about what you have gone through can be helpful for your overall health. As your mental health suffers, you have limited ability to handle the other stressors in your life. You and anyone in your family can contact the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to connect you to mental health resources at 1-800-950-6264 or NAMI.org You may also want to talk to your school because they should have a counselor for you.
      One service we can offer is to conference call with your parents. This way you could have a conversation with your parents but you would not be alone. For example, it may be hard for you to explain to your mom how you feel about the things she does and why you want to leave home. Sometimes those conversations go better in a conference call because we can advocate for you.

Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to reach us anytime at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We’re here 24/7, and we are ready to listen and help however we can.

Wish you the best
      -NRS.

I am a 12 year old girl, and my mom yells at me, and puts a lot of pressure on me. When I tell her to stop, all she does is carelessly reply, "I never did anything". It hurts me a lot, and I just wanna kill myself.
    Recently I caused self harm, by erasing my skin. I still have the mark after 3 months have passed.
    I'm too scared to tell her how I feel, because it just makes things worse.
    I'm too scared to tell anyone about this.
    Please help me.

Comment

It’s me again, the exact same person. My mother doesn’t see the damage she’s causing. I want to kill myself to never live this stupid life again. I wish I was in a different family. I nearly picked up a steak knife once to kill myself because of her. My mom can be really rude sometimes doesn’t care. I wish you guys were here. I could use some help. I think I might have depression, although I’m just 12.

Maybe life is nothing.

Can anybody understand me?

Also all she cares about is homework. She always pretends as if she’s a great teacher. But she’s really not. Whenever I get a question wrong she yells at me. And it hurts me. Once she even hit me.

I always start to cry when she yells at me. But when I cry she yells even louder and gets angrier. She isn’t the mother I need. Can somebody hear me?
      Are you guys here for me?

can you help me?

im not sure what to do.

Please help.

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there, thanks for reaching out again. We realize that our last message might have been difficult for you to find. Please see our response to your similar post, we hear you and we are here for you:

"Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and asking for help. You mentioned that you find the thought of talking to someone about your suicidal thoughts really scary, so asking for help with them must have taken a lot of bravery.

It sounds like your mom’s expectations and anger are really painful for you, and that when you try to talk to her about it, she is dismissive. It makes sense that if she has been dismissive of your feelings in the past, that talking to her about your suicidal thoughts would be really scary.

You don’t have to talk to your mom about anything you don’t want to, but your life and safety is really important. The next time you are having those thoughts, do you think you could try reaching out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline? Their number is 1-800-273-8255, and they have people there 24 hours a day to listen to you talk about anything you might be feeling. If typing about these thoughts sound less scary than talking about them (or if you have access to a computer but not a phone) you could try contacting their chat line instead right here - https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/.

There are people who will listen, even if your mom doesn’t. You deserve to be heard. You can also call us anytime, at 1-800-RUNAWAY – we are here to talk about anything, not just running away.

You seem resourceful and brave, and were able to ask for help while dealing with something really scary and painful. We hope you keep asking for help when you need it. You deserve it."

I feel you. All of you.
      Last edited by ccsmod7; 06-12-2019, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.

Thank you,

NRS

It’s me the 12 year old again.
      The one that caused self harm and is too scared to tell my mom?

thats me. My mom also compares me to my friends and kids from internet posts.

Comment

• ccsmod9
        ccsmod9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
        Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
        If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
        We hope to hear from you soon.
        Be safe, NRS

Thank you so much.

But, my mother gets angrier when I try to tell her to be kinder. I wish there was something to let her know that what she’s doing is wrong.

I’m a really artistic type of person, and I make paper dolls nearly everyday of my life. When she comes inside my room, to put something in, she carelessly steps on them even when she knows that they’re there. I asked her once why she doesn’t care about stepping on them, but she says it’s my fault. I only put them on the floor while I’m making them because I play with them during the process.

Can anybody relate late to this?

Comment

• ccsmod0
        ccsmod0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,
        Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a very frustrating situation at home. You have shown a lot of bravery by seeking help.
        It sounds like you are not getting the respect you deserve from your mom in this situation. She does not seem to care for your art, yet she places the blame on you when your paper dolls are destroyed. This must be hard. It can feel really lonely when you care about something that others do not honor or respect it. It is good that you have this art making practice that you can come back to everyday, and maybe there is a way you can communicate to your mom how important this is to you. If you are having trouble with this, you can always call our hotline at 1-800-786-2929, and we can help you work out what you will say. We are also here to listen to you and support you in whatever we can. You state in your subject line of this message that mom makes you want to kill yourself. This might have just been your way of expressing your anger, but it is also important you know that you can always call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline if you are ever feeling like taking your own life. Their number is 1-800-273-8255.
        You are clearly going through a lot, and it is our hope that our response empowers you and proves useful to you. You have done a great job just by reaching out. If you ever want to call us, please do! We are here 24/7. Good luck.
        Sincerely,
        National Runaway Safeline

You have given me a great amount of hope,
      but the problem is, I can’t talk to my mom, she doesn’t listen at all. It really bothers me, and I wish she’d stop but it’s no use and she won’t stop it.

My my mom can be fun sometimes but some days can always have a rough start.

so, what I am basically asking, is could you tell me how to talk to my mom?

Comment

• ccsmod9
        ccsmod9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
        Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
        If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
        Be safe, NRS

• Hi this is my first time writing but I can’t deal with this no more . My mom is always saying of how I should go to the gym with my sister so I could lose weight . She is always telling me about my weight and she never listens to me . I had insecurities way back when people were bully me in elementary and I barely had one friend but I was always just used in elementary. And then after elementary one year I still thought of how fat even though everyone told me I lost a lot of weight but yea of course I lost weight because all of it was baby fat . But my mom always bothering me now saying I’ve been getting weight like I did in elementary. I didn’t think I was fat but my mom made me feel ugly and so disgusted with my body . She always talks about my big my boobs are and how stomachs is fat all she does is always tell me how bad my appearance is . I started get anxiety because of her of how much she makes fun of me and how I can’t social with anyone anymore because I feel so scared because I feel like since I’m fat no one will want to hang out with me . Quite a lot of people tell me that I’m really pretty but I don’t believe them because my mom tells me they only feel bad for me. My whole family use to bother me about my weight . Then they tell me of why I’m starving myself when I am because my mom is always telling me how fat and I don’t want to get any bigger . I can’t even go out anywhere without my sweater because then I feel scared people are going to call me fat and say how big my stomach is . My mom had made me feel so stupid insecure and so scared . I can’t go anywhere without thinking people aren’t making fun of me .

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there, thanks so much for reaching out today.

Sounds like your mom and the rest of your family say really hurtful things to you about your weight. Here at NRS, we want you to know that you are okay as is. You are beautiful, and you have just as much worth as every other person. It is never okay to make someone feel lesser because of their weight. You should be treated with respect, and valued for far more than your physical appearance. You so deserve to make it through this difficult time, and we truly want to be a support for you. If you ever need to talk to someone please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us at www.1800runaway.org.

If you haven't already, you might try to do things for yourself that combat the hurtful things you are told at home, so things that help you relax and bring you joy. You might try to hang around the folks who are supportive, like the ones who say that you are really pretty. You might also do things like practice positive affirmations in the morning and/or before bed, or watch positive affirmation videos on Youtube to remind you of how great you really are. You might also take a look at NEDA's body image and self love reading materials: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/body-image-0. You mentioned starving yourself sometimes; which sounds really scary. You might also give NEDA a call if you would like to talk to an expert about what you are going through: 800-931-2237 / https://www.nationaleatingdisorders....ntact-helpline.

We hope this information is helpful. Please reach out if you would like additional help.

Best,

NRS

• My name is Kaitlyn. I am 13 years old. I want to commit suicide, my family is like hell. My younger brothers are like princes 1 and 2. I get blamed for just about everything even if it was a simple accident. My mom takes her anger out on me and my dad is mostly not home due to working so late. She embarrassed me in front of my family members that I barely ever see. She won’t let me say my opinion... ever. I’ve tried talking to her about it but she says I’m just being dramatic. I don’t want want to call anyone because I got my advice from my councilor at school and she said to only get a phone line if I’m home alone. She made me sign a contract that says if I’m feeling suicidal to do things that get it off my mind, like drawing, listening to music, training my cat and dog, or playing on electronics. None of those seem to work plus, my mom won’t let my buy drawing paper, she won’t let me listen to music( our walls are very thin ), she doesn’t like me training the animal ( she thinks it’s annoying and unnecessary), and I can’t play on electronics unless I earn them. I don’t know what else to do but just end my life right now. Please help me...

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Kaitlyn,

Thanks for reaching out to as at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a lot in your life. It must be really difficult, but in the midst of it you reached out for help, and that was very brave of you.

It sounds like life at home is not helping you feel safe and have peace of mind. Your Mom does not seem to respect who you are and what you have to say, and this must be really hard. Worse yet, she seems to favor your siblings, which probably makes you feel left out and frustrated. That she will not let you do simple activities that you need for good mental health is problematic. You might consider talking to your school counselor about this and seeing if they have a way of providing space and resources for you to do these activities. Because you asked for help in your message, we would like to give you the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline number: 1-800-273-8255. They are a group of people available 24/7 that can talk through your situation with you anonymously and privately. They will be there to help you when you are having suicidal thoughts. Suicidal thoughts can be scary and can take over with force, but you are not alone. It is okay to have these thoughts, and it is okay to tell people and ask for help, as you have done today. You might consider talking to friends and other family members, even if not about suicide. It may be a way for you to get out your house for a while and clear your head. Getting out of the place that causes you the most distress might be an important objective for you right now.

We hope you find this helpful, but we are here to talk further if you want. You can call us 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929. We are always here to listen and help. You sound very mature and aware, and are clearly growing into the person you are meant to be, even if this is really hard sometimes. Good luck to you.

Sincerely,
        National Runaway Safeline

• I told my mom how I wanted to kill myself about a month ago and she told me to “go ahead I couldn’t care less” it’s been 2 weeks now that schools out and I’m starting to be happy again but I keep thinking about it and it’s starting to make me see things differently

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like your mom reacted inappropriately when you told her you wanted to kill yourself. You so deserve to be supported when you are feeling that way, rather than being put down. Your life has infinite value, and should be cherished.

We are so glad to hear that you are starting to be happy again, it sounds like you are understandably still upset by your mom saying that she does not care about your life. If you haven't already you might try to talk to her or a supportive adult about how it is still affecting you. If you were able to gain access to a therapist or counselor, you might ask them if you can do a family session with your mom to talk about how you are feeling and to address the toxic communication at home. If you do not have a therapist but are interested in getting either individual or family therapy to process how you are feeling or to address issues at home please call or chat us for those resources: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800ruanway.org. You might also reach out to the National Alliance on Mental Health's helpline: 1-800-950-NAMI or text NAMI to 741741.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like to talk through your situation or need additional help. We are here 24/7.

Best,

NRS

• My mom took away my ******** and she isn’t gonna give me it back and she’s the most unsupportive mom ever Same with my ********en dad I want to kill my self and I’m only 13

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there, thanks for reaching out today, sounds like your mom took something away from you and you are feeling unsupported and wanting to kill yourself. That sounds like a really stressful and scary situation and you deserve to make i through this difficult time.

It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat if you have questions, need resources, or need to talk. We can explore your situation, go over all your options, and come up with a plan and resources to deal with your situation over the phone or on live chat. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.

-NRS

• I’ve been reading all these stories and I can relate so much. My parents both support hitting your children as a form of “ discipline” they say withhold the rod spoil the child. Isn’t discipline suppose to help a person correct their mistakes. I didn’t wipe the counters to my mothers standers she screamed and yelled at me and the grabbed an belt and just keep hitting me it doesn’t matter where my arms my back my head my hands wherever it hurts she’ll hit. I don’t do things to piss them off on purpose I’m very forgetful I can’t sit down for long periods of time I have a hard time concentrating so I understand how I can be handful but beating me, it doesn’t change any of these attributes. Every time I get hit it makes me so angry but Im just do messes up now I get angry at my self because I feel like maybe I’m the problem maybe I deserve this. I honestly hate everything about my self at this point. Every time I get hit I’m steps closer to just ending it all. even when I was little I would ask god to just make it stop and it didn’t so I would ask him to just take me away and he didn’t. I hate myself and I know I shouldn’t but every time they compare me to one of my friends complain that I’m not good enough it just chips at the little piece of myself that I don’t completely despise. I already hate how I look but the marks and scars I get from them hitting me make me hate myself even more. A mother should be loving and kind they should be your best friend not your biggest critic or the fuel for you depression. The only thing keeping me alive is my little brother, my friends and my cousin. I hope none of y’all are going through what I’m going through or worse just find something worth living for because you will Make if you keep pushing.

Comment

• ccsmod9
        ccsmod9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.
        Thank you, NRS

• I don’t know what to do with myself anymore. My mom always forgets about me and when I try and talk to her she ignores me. For 3 years I have wanted to hurt my self and kill myself. Nothing changes with my mom. She never pays any attention to me. She’s always telling me how I’m the problem and I start stuff but she don’t even care to try to understand the rest of the problem. It’s to the point where I could stab myself and not feel any pain. I’m alone. My mom hates me. And my siblings make it worse they’re always making fun of me and telling me that I’m out of shape and I’m tired of it. I’m lost and idk what to do with myself. I used to be happy. My siblings turned my mom against me. I’m always trying to do nice things for my mom but she don’t care. She don’t even pay attention to it. If I end it all maybe it will be better

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you are feeling like lesser than at your house, and its not okay that you are being ignored and disrespected. You are so important and you have just as much worth as anyone else including your mom and siblings. You deserve to make it through this difficult time.

It sounds like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

Be safe and stay strong,

NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X