Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom does the same almost...
    she doesn’t hit me, but she mentally abuses me and has even told me she wouldn’t care if I died
    she says that’s shes been alive before I have, and wouldn’t mind if I died
    she’s told me I was a psychopath, a retard, a **********, a mother********er, and a lot of stuff
    she ALWAYS takes her stress and anger out on me
    because of her, the first thing that pops up in my mind when I’m sad is to cut myself
    she makes me want to kill myself
    like she honestly wouldn’t mind if I did, she always complains about me, and never lets me explain anything..
    she doesn’t care about my feelings and when I try to tell her I have feelings, she pulls out the victim card and tries to make me look like the bad guy..
    i seriously want to die, help

Comment

• ccsmod4
      Super Moderator
      • May 2007

Reply: My mom does the same almost...

Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
      We are sorry that things are not going well between you and your mom. That must be pretty hard for you. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change.

We are sorry you are going through a tough emotional time.
      The situation seems to have caused you to most upset and frustrated.
      You don’t deserve to be mistreated like this. It’s not your fault.
      You have feelings and those feelings should be respected. As a person you deserve to be treated fairly.

Sometimes when communication breaks down with someone you are close to you making it difficult to know just where to turn. You did well reaching out today. We would like you to know NRS is here to listen and here to help. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of.

Your safety and well-being is important.
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My mom makes me just want to do die I try so much for her but she pushes me to wanting to die it’s like she wants me to and I tell her to send me away but she want it’s like she likes torturing me like it’s fun in games for her I told her I wanted to kill myself and she laughed she found out I cut she laughed then today I literally cried for hours upon hours because I went to eat and she told me no not while she was there and now if I want to go eat the foods going to be cold but she let my brothers eat with her she told me she didn’t want me in my face so I ran to my room crying and she just didn’t care I hate my life I’m 15 ab to turn 16 so that means I have to wait two more years to leave and I don’t wanna wait that long so I just want to kill myself and get it over with she can’t do this to me if I’m dead and not to mention she traumatized me she stayed in an abusive relationship that they abused me and so did she but she doesn’t hit me anymore but like I said it’s just mental now and it’s making me crazy and making me want to just go slit my throat.
        Last edited by ccsmod4; 04-11-2019, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
          Super Moderator
          • May 2007

Reply:My mom makes me just want to do die

Hello,
          Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We appreciate you contacting us to talk about what’s going on and how you are feeling.
          Some situations can be disappointing and even upsetting. The frustration over the relationship with your mother has become such a strain you are having thoughts of suicide. It can be tough trying to sort out your own feelings. You don’t deserve to be abused by anyone. You are not to blame for what others do. We understand how emotionally this has been quite upsetting for you.
          You mentioned harming yourself and this raises our concern. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help. Good for you. We are so glad that you did.
          Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings.
          You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you
          The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
          If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you to talk with someone.
          You can check them out at: www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk. We are here to listen and here to help.

Continue to be strong in your fight to survive. You are your best advocate and you are a very courageous person.

Be safe and take care,
          NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Im 15 years old and My parents make me want to die sometimes not even gonna lie. I want to say that my parents care for me because they send me to a nationally recognized private school and they let me do my favorite sports. But what they say masks those kind deeds. First of all, I dont remember the last time one of my parents hugged me or even said "I love you" In fact, my girlfriend has done both of those more recently. My parents are both hypocrites. They tell me I throw a fit when things dont go exactly my way when literally just today they flipped out because I told them I got a C on a test I thought I would do well on. They also say I get mad at the most petty things when theyll literally gove me a 10 minute scolding over not rinsing a cup after I use it or forgetting to flush the toilet. Theyll literally scream at the top of their lungs and when I beg them to please calm down they just get worse. Ive told them that they should be sad about the fact that I enjoy going to school more than being at home with them. What pisses me off even more is that I have an older sister who, like me, forgets little things sometimes. Only difference here is that when SHE does it, theyll kindly ask her to come and correct it. That tears me apart. Its like my parents think I dont belong. that im a piece of garbage waiting to be thrown out. my friends ask me why I dont go out on some weekends, and the answer to that is because those times ill be crying myself to sleep asking "Why do my parents hate me? Am I truly a piece of garbage? Would they care if I killed myself?" Maybe they wont. Maybe if they come home to my dead body theyll just throw it in the garbage. Ive been defying their predictions which only makes them even more hateful. They said no girl will ever want to hang out with me, and I have a girlfriend. In fact, frequently I talk to her for help and they riddicule me for it. They also riddicule me when I say im stressed bc I have a lot of homework or a big test ahead or both. At this point, I would give up everything to live with another family, even if its just for one day. im that desperate. Im constantly running into dead ends and I just seem like the only way out of this maze is killing myself. Help

Comment

• ccsmod9
              ccsmod9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there, Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. It also sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
              Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best We hope to hear from you soon. Be safe, NRS

I used to live with my grandparents. They were pretty nice people. And then my mother found a house to move into when I was 13 and she asked if I wanted to move in, and she had a lot of money, and me being so greedy, I said yes because I thought she was going to take me to cool places everyday. It was ok for the first week, and then after a while she started having an attitude against me and she said that I was stupid and she thought that I was on drugs or something. I don't do any drugs because I don't get the point of drugs. Drugs aren't cool because they don't make people happy and it only destroys lives. My mother always criticizes me about how "drawing isn't a good job" and that "no one will by my art work" and that I should just do my school work and go to college and become a doctor or something like that. Art is my passion, it makes me happy, and it doesn't hurt my health one bit. She ended up breaking my first drawing tablet before going on summer break because I forgot to feed and water the rabbits before 8:00 at night and I had to walk out in the dark to do it. And, also, we only had one outside cage and I had a portable one, and we had to keep the rabbits separated because they were both male and female rabbits, well guess what, she comes in my bedroom barking at me while I was petting the rabbit that I should clean the cage out. I just cleaned the cage out the day before, and we didn't have a whole lot of bedding to begin with to be changing it out every single day. This is when my feelings started getting really, really, strong, because I just had my uncle die that spring, and then two months later my pet rabbit that I had before these two took and died on a sunday, and then she broke my tablet, she tried breaking my laptop, tried breaking my lava lamp, a few of my colored pencils leds broke in them so I couldn't sharpen them, she swore at me, called me stupid, told me that I had to pass 8th grade otherwise she'd through all my art crap away (I guess that wasn't a promise, now was it?), and then that night I went to bed crying after she told me to find my baby bunnies a new home since I can't take care of them, even though my 4 year old rabbit died a week ago, and when I was in bed, I couldn't go to bed until midnight, because I had a little pain in my chest, and I thought that I was going to die from heartbreak. Anytime I look back on that, I get the same pain in my chest, and it keeps me up at night. Then here comes fall time, oh boy my favorite event, going back to school, I get yelled at when I go to pick up my books at the high school because of something I said and she was embarrassed of what I said because the lady that was ringing up books said that I couldn't have my books until I got all my lunch money paid, and she was joking around and said "yeah ******, why didn't you tell mommy about your lunch money being due" or something like that, and I shouted at her that I did and that she didn't give me the money for it, and when we got in the car to go to the bank, she just let loose on me and started screaming, and then she called my grandparents and tried busting down on them about it, saying that it was their fault that they raised me like that and that they should stop talking to me and blah blah blah... And then she made me block them and I couldn't talk to them for a while, but the blocking on my phone didn't work because I guess you had to pay for it??? So then, at the beginning of October, she goes on Amazon and buys my a new drawing tablet (keep in mind drawing tablets aren't cheap), and I guess that was a peace treaty??? I don't know what it was for but I didn't have that much of an interest in it because I was done with her telling that my art was crap. Then the same thing happens around my birthday that happened in the spring time, but instead of breaking my tablet, she tossed in into her closet along with my computer tower (the lid of the case popped off and evidently she herself was too stupid to put the thing back on) and then when I got my stuff back, I had to put the case's lid back on, and I also could just barely use the drawing tablet because I had a huge scratch in it after her throwing it in the way she did. Also sometime in December, I keep seeing this radom Guatemalan dude pop up, and I guess it was her boyfriend at the time. Well, a month later they decide that they want to get married in the spring time! Now hold up, I don't ever remembering singing a contract saying that I'd live with my nearly 40 year old mother that wants to get married to a guy that she just met a month ago! This made me very anxious because this dude just barely knows how to speak English, has at least 3 children, and I can't even remember his name at the time because I just met him. I was thinking that there was so many things wrong with my mother, I thought that 1) she fried a great percentage of her brain cells 2) this man probably wants to stick around to rape me or something 3) that he's going to plan on taking over mom and become one of those step dads that are abusive to his step daughter 4) that she was in it for money and he was in it for a passing card to live in the US 5) that mom would try to make me call him "daddy" even though my biological dad ran away from my mom when she was 3 months pregnant with me . I am sick and tired of my mom treating me like crap, and I just want to go to my real home, I just want to live with my grandparents. I can't even say "I love you to my mother" because that would be a lie anymore. The only thing that I grateful for is that CPS told my mother off and the court told her that she couldn't hit me or touch me in a way that will hurt me. That only helped by a little bit though, because now her words hurt me in nearly the same ways. I'm so done. If I ever move back in with grandpa and grandma, I'm just throwing my phone away because Im so fed up with my mom. All the times that she has slapped me in my childhood, beat me, or yelled at me, are coming back on me and I don't know what to do about it by other wanting to get comforted by my grandparents. But I can't, because of mom, and her crap, always wanting to pick a fight with me, she can't ever leave me alone, and if I can't move back into my grandparents house by the time I'm 16, I'm just done. I'll never do anything again, I'll just lay in my bed and not care about her. I'll just lock mom out of my life. I do not love her anymore because of how much she has hurt me.
            Last edited by ccsmod7; 04-25-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod7
              ccsmod7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for reaching out and sharing your situation.

It seems like you have been through a lot in your young life. It is understandable that you want to get back to your grandparents’ house since it seems like your mom is physically and verbally abusing you, while also not caring for your things. A parent being abusive towards you is never ok, it is good to see that you are in contact with Child Protective Services already. Besides that, it seems unreasonable to be expecting you to focus on becoming a doctor or something while you are still in high school, especially since you seem more interested in art. It seems like you want reverse your decision to go with your mom in the first place, and from what you have said they were nice and supportive people. Try not to focus on what seems like a mistake in leaving their house, and maybe try asking CPS for help getting back into their custody. It seems like they had let you keep your bunnies before you left there, and the other options if you go don’t end up going to your grandparents could include being stuck at your mom’s house, or foster care. It seems like you know that getting back to your grandparents’ is your best option and next is taking the steps to do that. Talking with CPS, your grandparents, or a school counselor are possible first steps you could take. Be mindful that your mom may not react well to the news, and may try to yell, or guilt trip you throughout the process. It seems like your grandparents would be supportive of you but having some people you can talk to in mind could help you through these tough times.

We are also here 24/7 to talk with you at 1-800-RUNAWAY or to chat online, if you have questions, or just need someone to talk to.

My mom is always putting me down and comparing me to my friends and how happy they always are. I think she is just disappointed in me but I’m not sure why. She is an alcoholic and when she gets drunk she often says things that are not the best and I really have to think about what she said as if she really meant it or is she

Comment

• ccsmod1
              ccsmod1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It's not fair of your mom to compare you to your friends and put you down. It sounds like your mom's drinking and the things that she says when drinking is very worrisome. It can be really hard to live with someone who is struggling with addiction to alcohol. If you'd like some additional support you can check out Alateen - a support group for young people who have friends/family members who struggle with alcohol addiction. You can find out more about them here: https://al-anon.org/newcomers/teen-corner-alateen/

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
              NRS

Im a junior in high school. My parents said that if I don’t get straight B’s or higher that my car will get taken away. I am trying hard in my classes and will probably end with a B, except in math. I found out that the highest grade I can end with in math is a C, which means my car will be taken away during summer and school year. The issue is I am graduating early and plan to attend college. I have no money saved up what so ever, neither do my parents. I got a great job working at parks around my town during the summer but you need a car to drive. No one can/will give me a ride. The town I live in is also very unsafe. We have high rates in just about any crime you can think of. The buses dont go to all the places I would need rides to. But my mom always stresses me out about school. She cant go two seconds without mentioning school. I dont know how to tell her that I am too stupid to get passing grades. She makes me so depressed that I want to injure myself so badly I cant finish the school year or commit suicide. I’m an only child so I know if I kill myself that my mom may (but probably not) finally understand all the stress and mental abuse she put me through. Compared to the other kids in my town, im a good kid. I dont drink, date, do drugs, sneakout, i dont do anything that most parents would be pissed about. Its just my grades. She stopped trusting me because of my grades and always thinks I am a bad kid. Its not my fault I am complete crap at math. I spend hours trying to learn a lesson but everything slips my head and I cant rememeber anything. All the numbers and words in school just dont stick and I cant consentrate. I have severe ADHD and tried medications but they send me into depression, severe weightloss, and uncontrollable passing out so I avoid medications. Because of my ADHD i cant consentrate in school. Everything is a distraction. I can only consentrate at home alone in my room. I take online classes, math being one, but our school had issues with cheating and now all of the tests are proctored. Where they proctore the tests is in a room with distractions and by the time I can take the test, I forgot everything. I tried to study and relearn before taking the test but I cant consentrate in my freaking school. School ends in may and in my school if you dont have C’s or higher you get kicked out. I will most likely end with C’s or above, but math I can’t get a B. I dont know how to get my mom to stop stressing me out to the point of wanted to commit suicide. I know its a “permant fix to a temporary problem” but she is screwing with my future. I dont want to be in debt and feel trapped even more than I already do because my mom decided this was an okay thing to do to a teenager.

Comment

• ccsmod1
              ccsmod1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It's not fair of your mom to put so much pressure on you to do well in school. It sounds like you are a very hardworking and driven individual which is something to take pride in. It sounds like all of this has put a lot of stress on your relationship with your mother. It may be beneficial to reach out to a trusted family friend or relative to see if they can help talk to your mom about what's going on. You can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call between you and your mom and help moderate to keep the conversation productive.

You mentioned some previous suicidal thoughts and some issues with ADHD. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. It can be really hard to live with mental health issues and we want you to know that you aren’t alone in addressing them. If you’d like some additional support, an organization that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
              NRS

I'm 11 years old and my friend set a trash can on fire and it led to something major and i didn't do it I was using the bathroom but they assumed I did and as I was trying to talk to my mom she told me she wanted to snap my neck off,and she wanted me to kill myself and as I was walking off she tried to stab me and I've never seen her do this b4 I think she's pretty upset and idk to call anybody or just let her cool down
            Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-08-2019, 01:04 AM.

Comment

When I was little, I was an only child. And it was an amazing time, having mom and dad there with me and just spending time with my mom everyday was great. But when she gave birth to my brother, she sorta tossed me to the side. Since my brother was born tensions have only risen between us. It’s to a point now where she hits me when she’s mad, calls me names, tells me that she wants me gone, and even that she wishes she’d put me up for adoption so she can trade me out with a better kid. She makes me feel so unwanted and depressed, it’s taking a toll on my entire life. I went from having 15+ friends in 7th grade to now none. She doesn’t let me leave the house to hang out with people, and she won’t let me practice driving so I can get my license. I’m 16 and a sophomore now, everyone in my class has a car and their license. She doesn’t trust me to do anything, and when I start something she has to stop me and do it herself (which ends with her saying I’m lazy and I don’t do anything to help her). She took my door knob away so I now have no privacy of my own except the bathroom. And she does weekly checkups on my phone to make sure I’m not doing anything inappropriate. My dad was at first against her and on my side but over the years he’s now on her side for everything. It’s hard feeling so isolated and depressed, it causes a concoction emotions (especially anger), which they now point out that I need anger management and therapy and I need to go to a girls homeboy so they don’t have to deal with me. They’ve threatened to call the cops on me many times because I didn’t get home from whatever on time. I feel trapped and angry at everyone and everything.

Comment

My mom makes me so angry and so depressed to the point I wanna kill myself like once I did something wrong and it was in the past she would say it over and over and I get again make me feel like I am the worst person ever, when I tell her I wanna kill myself she dosent do nothing she thinks I do it for attention but u don’t i am just warning her if I die don’t be sad and stuff because I know why I did it and a few time when I told her I wanted to kill my self she said something about something and then started laughing and I got hella pissed at her bc I have had a friend who commited suicide and that ain’t nothing to joke around at all!!! And when I came downstairs will tears all over my eyes and I had bruises all over my face because I kept on punching myself also she saw that u cut myself slot and she didn’t even Frekout she just gave me a horrible look that said die die die die like I really wanna do I almost did but my friend called and pretty much stoped me I hate how my mom has a fiancé and when she is on the phone with other him she assumes I bother her every time she is in the phone with him and she yells at me but these were her words I will never pick him over y’all but that was a lie and she keeps on saying I am jealous I AINT I just hate her and she always makes me wanna kill myself and I am only 13!!!!

Comment

• ccsmod4
                  Super Moderator
                  • May 2007

Reply: I'm 11 years old and my friend

Hello,
                  Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can. It sounds like you were trying to explain what happened to your mother and she became violent. Your safety is important. Being upset is one thing attempting to harm you is something that must have felt pretty scary.
                  We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
                  NRS
                  Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-08-2019, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
                    Super Moderator
                    • May 2007

Reply: When I was little, I was an only child.

Hi,
                    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything. You don’t deserve to feel isolated or unwanted. Things may seem bleak now but that does not mean they will always be that way.
                    We understand how difficult it must have been to talk about your feelings.
                    You are very brave for doing so.
                    NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.
                    Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) orwww.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
                    We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Take care,
                    NRS

Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-08-2019, 01:54 AM.

Comment

My mom has me, the oldest, and four daughters. While completely disregarding the fact that she can barely afford to raise her own kids, she takes on THREE MORE from child protective services. These kids have it made. They get what they want and mom defends them for not being able to live a normal life. But the life she's giving these kids is ruining mine. It's like I don't even exist anymore, except for when she needs a bill paid. She wastes all of her resources on them alone. I don't even eat at home anymore. I eat food from my job that I brought home so I actually can eat, and half the time the kids take that away from me too. I've considered setting myself on fire in front of at least my mother to show her my pain. So she'll finally realize that she wasted my potential and failed to cultivate me in any way. Any time I make a mistake I'm on the chopping block, and she just hacks away at my self-worth, when I support her financially. But if I'm to point out anything she does wrong I'm immediately a spitting image of my meth-addicted father to her. I hate that man, though I would hesitate to call him one. I would just as soon set him on fire as well so she stops modeling me after him. Like right now, if I were to bring up that I used my whole paycheck this week to pay the $110 water bill, she'd shove it in my face that she works two jobs and busts her ass. If she's gone all the time at "work" then where's all the money she'd be making. Why do I always have to pay for stuff. Of course if I didn't pay for it she'd call me Josh Jr. like she always does to tell me, I'm just like my ********ty father, which I'm not, I have a job, I'm not a meth addict, and I'm never going to have kids because I hate the heathens she raised and is trying to raise now. If I killed myself she'd realize how much she actually needs me to survive. She'd have nothing if I wasn't at home to pay for all of her ********.

Comment

• ccsmod3
                        ccsmod3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi there,

Thank you for writing in to the National Runaway Safeline forum board. Sounds like a very stressful and demeaning situation at home, which is making it tough for you to flourish. No one deserves to be put down like that, especially when you are making a concerted effort to support yourself and your family financially. You seem like a responsible and resourceful person, and should be proud of yourself for everything that you’ve accomplished thus far.
                        If you ever think about taking your life, please do not hesitate to call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 800 273 8255 or visit their website at suicidepreventionlifeline.org for support. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – you are not alone!
                        To discuss more options, call us 24/7 at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us online at 1800runaway.org. We can provide additional resources for you, as well as just a listening ear. Take care.

-NRS

hi my name is Peyton Taylor and I am an autistic 15 year old and my mom hates me I try to open up to her and she says im dramatic. I try to keep out of self-harm or running away but I had enough. I don't know what to do please help me.

Comment

• ccsmod2
                        ccsmod2 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hello There,
                        Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time. It must be really hard not being able to open up to your mother and her calling you dramatic.
                        At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we can call out to your parents and help you have a conference call. Conference calling allows you to be heard and we are there to mediate the conversation and to provide support to you.
                        You have mentioned running away and self-harming, we want you to know that your safety is our top concern. We are not legal experts but we do have information on the laws. If you were to runaway without your parent’s permission your parents can file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you back home. If you feel like self-harming you can call NAMI which is the national alliance on mental illnesses. They can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI. Also another option could be talking to your school counselor about what has been going on. If you need a safe place to stay you can always call us and we can help you look for shelters or safe places to go.
                        We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
                        NRS
                    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
                    x
                    x
                    Working...
                    X