Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom makes me want to kill myself

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know. My mom makes me hate myself and my dad too. My dad was a really bad alcoholic when I was little and would turn into a monster every night. My mother has anger issues and screams all the time and tells me how worthless I am. How I’m fat and lazy and pathetic. How I’m ugly and no one will like me. How I’ll never get anywhere because I have one bad grad ever the rest are As and I’m taking the hardest classes offered. How I’m not thin enough and it’s disgusting and all the other girls are thin. How I’m gay and that’s unnatura, disgusting and how gay people are predators. And I believe her. Because I’ve been hearing this my whole life. From her, every time she screams at me until I cry, from my dad with the way he used to scream at how he hated me every night since I can remember, to everyone I know feeling gay people are disgusting. I’m disgusting and it makes me just want to disappear. I’ve struggled through manic depression and anxiety all for what? For this? To be in this pathetic existence that’ll never stop hurting? To be disgusting and gay and pathetic in the eyes of even your own mom? She’s even disowned me before when I told a therapist about how she acted. I can’t do anything. I’m trapped here until I die or until I can leave for college which she says will never happen. And I can’t. My life is just a miserable and pathetic existence that will never reach anywhere

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello we want to thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS! We know that you must be going through a difficult time and want to be in a safer position than you were before. Our hope here is to listen and help however we can.
      It saddens us to hear your story and what you have been going through. You do not deserve to be to be put down and called names just for what you identify as. You deserve to be uplifted and heard. Most importantly you deserve to be loved for who you are. We would like to let you know that you are not a predator, you are not unnatural, and you are not disgusting. Rather you are of value, you are the most natural part of you, and you are beautiful. Know that there are people out there that care and want to help you grow into the life you dream. As far as the abuse that you have been experiencing you have the right to feel safe and loved in your own home. Therefore an option that you might have is to call the police and report them for verbal, physical abuse. Another place you can call out to see if you have more options is to call the National Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-422-4453). This organization can help you further understand and explain the options. Some other options are to let a close family member (an adult preferably) you trust that can help in that environment. If you feel like you wish to talk to someone as well you can feel free to call the LGBT National Youth Talkline (1-800-246-7743). This organization can help you talk about more of you are learning is your truest self. They would be willing to affirm and help you in any they can. Know there are people who care and want to encourage you. There are people here to help because you matter. You are worth it.
      Again we want to thank you for seeking us out and asking for help. We hope that we have helped you in this current situation you find yourself in. If for any reason you might need to ask more questions or perhaps have concerns please do not hesitate to call us. Again our number is (1-800-786-2929) or you can reach us at www.1800runaway.org and once there you can use our chat options. We hope that you can find the nest solution to your current situation.
      Best Wishes - NRS

Hello I know I'm pretty young for these thoughts (11) but I really need help, my mom just cut me off from hanging out with one of my best friends, but don't get me wrong she has a extremely good impact on me but she told me something that she has an abusive father. But my mom doesn't understand that she's not getting me all worked up in this and she just doesn't trust her except she's all I have sure I have plenty physical "Items" but she's really the only thing that makes me feel happy any ways the point is I really just don't feel like life is worth it. I don't really know how to end this so all I'm going to say is the "I'm not a robot" thing is glitching out.

Comment

Hello There,
      Thank you so much for reaching out to NRS, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time. You could try telling your mother how having your friend cut from your life affects you. We know this conversation can be difficult at NRS we offer conference calling where we could help you have this conversation if you would like. You mentioned that your friend has an abusive father. No type of abuse is acceptable. If you or her would like to report it you guys can contact Child Help: (800) 422-4453. We are sorry that you don’t feel life is worth it. You may want to contact the National Suicide Hotline at: (800) 273-8255. Also maybe having some hobbies or talking to a school counselor would help with how you are feeling.
      Again thank you so much for reaching out to NRS, we are available 24/7 so if you have any questions or want to talk more about your situation please feel free to chat or call us. We wish you the best of luck in your situation!
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I'm a 13 year old girl and currently living in California. It breaks me to see my other friends having loving mothers, those who care, and love their child. Why can't my mom be like that? She just simply doesn't care about me. I have gone through many things in the past, like physical and verbal abuse from my mom. She acts like she's innocent and I'm the monster here. She doesn't care if I even get hurt, and she's so self centered that she demands what she wants, and gets what she wants. My dad on the otehr hand, is caring and loving. He always stands up to me, and tries to protect me from his abusive and neglecful (not to mention psychopathic) wife (my mom). But all she does is hit him, and one day threatened divorce. It got to the extent one day where she kicked him out of the house because he was standing up to me. It breaks my heart to see my strong, and loving dad to be mistreated, and not listened to. This isn't right. Not only does she take her anger out on him, also on me too. She finds the SMALLEST thing to blame on me. Like grades, how my friends are succesful and talented, and she just wants me to be like them. She is really stubborn and never reasons with anything. She thinks that she has the right to boss us around, hit us, and torment us in our house. I've tried many times to talk to counseling, but that went wrong. So during school, i went to counceling and told the councelor. She was really helplful, and told me that she was going to talk to my mom. When my mom found out I was telling this to someone else, she was furious. She threatened to cut off all contact with my friends, and shave my head bald because I was doing this and because my grades weren't STRAIGHT A'S. Like what the actual heck. I just can't type without crying. All these things that I've been through in my life, still scars me today. I try to stay strong, but everytime I see my mom, I just can't. She's hit me countless amount of times, and even knocked one of my tooth out. She just doesn't care about me. Isn't a mom supposed to be someone that would love you, someone that would take care of you? Apparently my mom doesn't fall into either both of the categories. I just want to run away. I can't wait until I graduate to college so I can live my life away from my mom. I just simply don't want to live like this. I would rather not live, than live a life of horribly, mistreatment and abuse.

Please help, thanks

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now with your mom saying such hurtful things to you and hitting you. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You do have the right to report any mistreatment to Child Protective Services (CPS). Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

It sounds like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life due to the way your mom treats you. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. You are so much more than the hurtful things your mom reduces you to. You are enough as is, and things like grades or other people's talents do not define you. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.

Take care,

NRS

Hello. I didn't know who to talk to about my situation so I came here. my mom pretty much hates me. of course she gets angry at me for obvious things like not doing something when she asked, but other times she is angry for no reason. the times that she had the right to be angry with are rare. the other times make no sense. I could just be having a simple conversation with her and say something and she turns it into an angry lecture.

whenever I mumble something not even directed towards her, and she hears it, she tells at me. yet she is a hypocrite and talks about me behind my back to anyone honestly.

its really hard to get help because I'm Asian, and depression and mental health are taboo in Asian culture. no one talks about it and people disregard it.

she makes me feel guilty all the time, and in the moment I belive her. later on though I realize that I'm not sure what I was guilty of. she makes me feel worthless and tells me no one will love me because of my attitude. this doesn't make sense because I really do respect her and don't show her attitude because I am genuinely scared of what she might do to me.

I have thought about suicide and self harm but I'm just too scared. I know it doesn't make sense but I do want to die sometimes but I don't try anything because the thought of suicide is scary.

it's just hard right now and I feel as if no one understands.

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline and sharing your story. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and especially in a time where you have a really tough and complex situation with your mom as it seems things have been pretty stressful lately. It is also brave of you to bring up the issues of culture components of mental health and we can provide you with some direction towards mental health support. Your mental health is important and a space for you all to have a conversation where you can express your needs in a safe way could be potentially helpful in moving forward.

You can seek help is reaching out to a friend, teacher, or counselor at school that can help you look for resources. Your mental health is important. You can also look at SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) at samhsa.gov (call them directly at 1-877-726-4727) or NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness 1-800-950-NAMI to help you find the support that you need. If you do ever feel in direct danger, to yourself, or some else makes you feel that way, please call out to 911 or reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255).

It can be difficult to know how to talk to your parents and express your feelings about how you are feeling. At NRS, we do offer a service call conference calling, where you can call into our hotline and then we would reach out to your guardian and help advocate for you, help you express the needs you have to your parents.
          We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our hotline ( 1-800-RUNAWAY) and chat are open 24/7.

-NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Hello. I am 14 yrs old as well and I totally get you. When I was 7 that’s when all of this started. I got thought of killing myself, and 7 is pretty young to start thinking that way. Anyways my mom and dad would always beat me for no reason, like one time I saw my mom coming to an assembly so I got really excited and got on my knees to see them, my teacher told me to sit down so I did. My parents took that in a really bad and scarring way. After the assembly when I git all my rewards for being good or for being smart my dad took me to the bathroom. He pulled down my pants and panties and started to beat me he said “because I was being bad” or something. This was at the school bathroom btw. I was so embarrassed and heartbroken. I get this treatment for being happy to see my parents, but that’s not all. This summer or last summer (I can’t remeber) my mom was mad and said these exact words to me “Just go downstairs you Fat Ass **********. (sorry for my language, I’m a innocent child I promise). She always talks about my weight just because she weighs 10 lbs less than me. She always calls me fat but after she called me those disgusting words she snaps me and says “sorry”. But I didn’t see that because I want on my phone. I was cleaning my ROOM. I go upstairs to grab the broom and she says this “I don’t give a Fck if you don’t say it’s ok” like WHAT?!? I say “What are you talking about .” My brother says “ you didn’t respond on Snapchat and you know that” BRO I WAS CLEANING MY ROOM HOW THE HECK WAS I SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT SHE SNAPCHATTED ME TFFFFF!!! I just go back downstairs like I always do, hoping that a guy with a gun will come in my house and shoot me nine times in my head. My mother hates for me to go to my friends house. Like every time I go to my besties house she says “ Oh you don’t even wanna be here. You’re acting different since you went to her house. You treat her mom better than you treat me. I don’t like your friends. You don’t even hang out with us even though you been at your friends house.” 1st of all: I see you every single day, I don’t see you one day and you freak out because you don’t got me to pick on. 2nd of all: When I’m upstairs in yalls face you guys are too busy on electronics to even pay attention to me, and then when I ask what you guys did and stuff you ignore me cause u too busy on your phone! THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I’D RATHER STAY AT MY FRINDS HOUSE EVERY SINGLE DAY THEN SPEND THE LAST FOUR YEARS TIL IM 18 WITH YOU. I said I wouldn’t have kids but if I do I would NEVER EVER treat them how she treats me. I just hope I die. I look up ways to kill myself all the time but like idk if it’ll work. What if I become paralyzed and not able to try and kill myself again. UGH KILL ME ALREADY -A

Comment

• ccsmod0
          ccsmod0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,
          Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.
          We also would like to remind everyone here on this forum, that you always have the right to keep yourself safe. Even if that includes making a report with Child Protective Services. Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline. That number is 1-800-422-4453. If you ever felt like making a report or needed help, we are here to assist with that. We understand that making an abuse report can be intimidating so if you like we can call together to provide support. You deserve to be loved and supported. We will do our best to help you come up with a way to keep yourself safe.
          Additionally, your safety is the most important thing to us. Since you mentioned that you have been having thoughts of hurting yourself, one resources that we think that might be able to help you the National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-TALK they may be able to help you more because this is their area of expertise. They can help direct you towards support and or services for your needs. In the meantime, we hope that you can give us a call directly to get some emotional support.
          Finally, if you ever need a safe place to go, we also can provide you with various resources for agencies in whatever area you are in to best help during this difficult time. You can always call us to talk about what you are going through and receive some support. We provide free, confidential, and nonjudgmental services. Everyone deserves to be respected and loved.
          Thank you,
          NRS

Hello I am 16 every day when I get home from school i will be having the best day ever when I get home it is like my mom turns it into the worst day ever she ruined me and my step dads life's tbh ever day when I go to bed I dream that one day she just never shows up again it sucks knowing that non of your parents ever care especially when u have PTSD ever day I pray my mom gets hit by a car sometimes I will get so ********ing anger at her I can image me killing her but I don't

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing what’s been going on. It sounds like you and your mom don’t have the best relationship and it’s understandable that you would feel angry. You deserve to feel supported and loved, especially by the people who should love you most. If you ever want to talk more specifically about your situation, please don’t hesitate to reach out by phone at 1-800-786-2929. You mention that you have PTSD and that you’ve been having thoughts of hurting your mom. Please know that you are not alone and there is support out there. We encourage you to share what’s been going on with an adult you trust, like a teacher, guidance counselor, or even a friend’s parent. If possible, it may also be a good idea to talk with a therapist.We wish you the best and please feel free to reach out. We’d love to hear from you, provide resources, or just talk through the situation.

Sincerely,

NRS

im 13 and my mom is always bringing me down she is a very kind person but there are some things she does tat really get me mad and i can't take it overtime i bring up the problem to her she acts like she disney care and she dosent. i am truly depressed and stressed out and i have the most amazing friends and they make me so happy and i am very popular but my mom just gets me so mad everyday and i cry so hard. she forces my dad to enforce her rules and my dad gets all angry and aggressive about it and i just don't wanna live anymore its not worth it

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,
          Thank you for reaching out. It sound like things at home have been really challenging for you and it’s understandable that you would feel depressed or stressed out. You mention that “I just don’t wanna live anymore” and that “it’s not worth it.” We take this very seriously. Your safety and your well-being are so important. You are not alone and there is help out there when you’re feeling depressed, stressed, or like you don’t want to live. While things may be difficult right now, we promise that this is temporary. You will not always feel like this and you deserve to feel supported when you do. If you ever feel like you’re in danger of hurting yourself, we encourage you to call 9-1-1 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
          It sound like you’ve tried to talk to your mom about the things that make you upset but your mom shut you down. That’s very frustrating. It’s also not okay that your dad gets angry or aggressive with you. It could be a good idea to get another adult to hear you out and back you up; sometimes parents forget what it is like to be young and don’t realize how much their actions impact you. If you have a teacher or a guidance counselor you trust, that could be a great person to talk to about how you’ve been feeling. It sounds like your mom is a very kind person; we’re hoping she’ll see the problem and change her attitude.
          Finally, we encourage you to take care of yourself in whatever way you are able. It sounds like you have lovely friends—they can be a great resource for you when you’re feeling depressed or anxious. It could also be a good idea to ask your parents about seeing a therapist to help you process your feelings.
          Good luck!
          NRS

I tried making this before but I closed out of it so... here's what I can remember I guess... My mom isn't abusive or anything, at least not that I know of, I just hate her so much. She knows that I'm depressed, she's even taken me to the doctor about it. I asked about medication but since only my dad was there, the doctor told me to talk about it with both of them. I tried talking to my mom about it multiple times but she kept ignoring me or saying that we'd talk about it later (spoilers, we never did.) Not only do I have depression, I also have social anxiety, what a great mix. Two-ish days ago my mom tried to talk to me, even though she literally knows I don't do confrontation or talking. She said stuff about how I apparently act like I hate the world and everything in it, which isn't totally true, that's just what she sees because I want to die whenever I'm around her. She tried to guilt me, she pointed at the pictures on the wall that were taken when I was seven "look how happy that little girl used to be, even right after poppy (my grandpa) died," she said that "you're obviously not protecting me or yourself," after mentioning that my brother was better at hiding how he was feeling until he almost died from taking anti-anxiety/depression meds off the internet, which is apparently the only way my mom will let anyone take meds. I'm sorry if that run on sentence didn't make any sense, I have so many thoughts going through my brain right now. She told me to start acting like I was fine. That's it. The expects me to suddenly be able to act like I'm fine and be "nicer to your brother" when it's obvious that I want to ********ing (sorry) kill myself. She expects me to be better without any kind of help (not that I want a therapist or anything.) Tonight she took away my phone because, from what I can tell, I didn't eat dinner (I'm sick) and I told my sister that our little brother was breaking something that she was making. I'm writing this on my laptop, which she couldn't take away because this is what I do school on. Anyway, sorry for all the parentheses, weird quotes, that one curse word, and sentences that don't make any sense. I literally don't have anyone to talk to and if I even wanted to talk to my mom, I would feel like I'm being choked (which is what happened two-ish days ago.)

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,
          Thank you for sharing some of what’s been going on. It sounds like you’ve been feeling depressed for a while and that your mom isn’t supporting you in the way you need. It’s really hurtful that your mom told you to start acting like you’re fine and that she expects you to be better without any kind of help. You deserve to receive the medication and support that you need. You wrote that you want to kill yourself. Please know that there is support out there. If you ever feel like you are in danger of hurting yourself, we encourage you to call 9-1-1 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
          You also write that you were choked two-ish days ago—was this your mom who choked you? Behavior like that is absolutely never okay and may be considered abuse. For more information on abuse reporting and what might happen if you do file an abuse report, you can call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453.
          You’re right: it’s very difficult to manage depression without help. It sounds like your mom did have you go to the doctor to talk about depression and medication; we encourage you to try to bring this up again—if not with your mom, then perhaps with your father. It could also be helpful to have another adult back you up, like a teacher or guidance counselor.
          If you ever need someone to talk to, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929. We’re here 24/7 to listen and help in any way we can. We also have a live chat feature on this website that you’re welcome to use if you don’t have access to a phone.
          Take care and stay strong!
          NRS

I hate my mom and she makes me want to die but I would never so you don’t have to worry about that. Ever since I can remember my mom has never gotten along with me. Her mood swings are crazy and I really think she is bipolar. I have been told from close friends that they think I might be too. I am scared that because of the way she raised me and how much I was around her it made me think it was normal. I am scared to death of being like her. The first incident I can remember was when I was in 3rd grade and we had gotten into a fight and she grabbed my head and slammed it against a wall. I started bawling and then she didn’t let me go to school because I said I would tell the counselor then she said I was crazy and no one would believe me. My dad was there but he just kind of ignored it. The most recent incident was this summer when I asked to try a new food from the store. She immediately freaked out and said I wanted to be just like this one girl on YouTube that I watch and I think my life will be so easy and perfect. Then kept on telling me to tell her the name of the girl and when I said no because she sounded insane she conintously kept trying to smack me. I ran out of the house crying and didn’t come back for a couple of hours. I really want to be able to get along with my mom and I am not saying those are the only incidents there have been pleanty more. The worst part of it is, is that she tells me that I am the problem and it really scares me when she says I’m being over dramatic and crazy and she thinks I’m psycho. The way she says things is just crazy and it seems like she tries to hurt my feelings but in a way where she can back it up saying she didn’t. Today she said so I’m guessing your not on your diet and looked me up and down. I went to my dad crying and said it makes me feel bad and then my mom overheard and came marching down defending herself. This is a huge issue in my life and it always has been I just want to move out and get away from all of it.

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough time, but we are here to support you and help you in any way we can.

We want you to know that no one deserve to be physically hurt by their parents. We want you to know that if you ever feel that you are in danger, you could call 911 for immediate help. Also, if you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the way you’ve been treated. If you think what you’re going through might be considered abuse, if you want more information about abuse reporting, or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

We want you to know that you are worth it and that there is hope for you. If you ever feel that you are in danger of hurting or killing yourself, you could call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255; suicidepreventionlifeline.org) or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online. You mentioned some struggles with mental health concerns. You could consider reaching out to a counselor to get some support. If you want information about mental health resources, you could check out the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA); 1-877-726-4727; samhsa.gov; findtreatment.samhsa.gov/.

If you haven’t already, you could also consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support.
          It sounds like all of your struggles are making you consider leaving home and that you have a friend you may stay with. If you do decide to leave home, you could consider thinking about ways to make sure you stay safe. You could explore what you would do if you can no longer stay with your friend, ways you would pay for food, shelter, clothing and other necessary things. You could think about how long you would stay away, where you would stay, and what things would be like when you return. You could consider what you would do if you felt that you were in danger or had an emergency.

There are also many resources that could help you find a safe place or help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

Hi, I am a 14 year old. I think I have an anxiety problem and my mom is making it worse. My mom has been blaming me for her actions. My mom is nice to me when my friends are over but when they leave, something snaps in her, like something evil. Every time my dad comes home from work, she always acts like she is the man of the house and I hate it. She acts if I have no free will in life, its either I do what I am told or she will hurt me or kill me. She even said that if I called the police that she would hurt me in anyway possible. She makes me do actives with over people who bully me and I've told her about it and she doesn't care. When she hurts me she calls me names and how I need to grow up. I have friends who believe that my mom is doing al all these things but my mom has pushed me to where I dont even want to have friends anymore. My mother thinks that I'm just a slave too her. I dont know how much I can take of her. If I could end it all, I would. She makes me believe that I'm a nobody. Just some loser. Who needs no life because all she does is gets in the way. I want to have someone to talk to but I can't cause my mom told me that there is no help anywhere for me. I'm just going to be like this forever.

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like it has been really tough and home and especially with the interactions with you mom.
          We are sorry you are experiencing abuse, no one ever deserves to go through that. You do have the right to report the abuse to Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. You can either do it yourself or call into us directly and we can support you through it. It is hard to say the result of reporting, but if you call in you can ask what the process might look like.
          We aren’t legal experts, but we have general knowledge about running away. In most states, running away isn’t illegal, but what is called a status offense. You can’t get arrested for it but it will mostly likely go on your record until you are 18. The police will only know if you have runaway if your parents/guardians file a police report. We can’t say for sure how the police will respond, but we hear a lot that police will take potential places you might be and will actively search for you. If they come across you, the most likely will return you home to your parents. Sometimes we hear that if you are staying with someone who knows you are a runaway and are not actively trying to return you or finding shelter for you, your guardians/or police can press charges against the people who are housing you, with something that is called harboring. One of our main goals is to make sure you are safe, so if you ever seriously decide to run away and need shelter, resources, or a safe place to go you can find safe locations at nationalsafeplace.org or reach out to us directly and we can find local resources in your area.
          Your mental health is important. You can also look at SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) at samhsa.gov (call them directly at 1-877-726-4727) or NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness 1-800-950-NAMI to help you find the support that you need. If you do ever feel in direct danger, to yourself, or some else makes you feel that way, please call out to 911 or reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255).
          We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our hotline ( 1-800-RUNAWAY) and chat are open 24/7.
          Best of luck,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X