No announcement yet.

My mom makes me want to kill myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom makes me want to kill myself, she's just a ********** to me, Hella reactive, and blames me for everything. I'm already having a ********ty day and she just makes it worse, I'd be having a good day and she has to ye at me or call me a **********. She had a ********ty life, but that doesn't mean she should treat her kids like ********. It's no ********ing excuse. She punched me in my eye, and just told me other people have it worse and that if I don't stop being dramatic she'll give me something to cry about. I try to talk back, I get tired of her being such an ass. I'll never be heard out. I want to kill myself. Im not sure how.else to put it

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You mentioned that it feels like your mother often initiates arguments and says very hurtful things to you. By no means do you deserve to be treated this way especially by parents who are supposed to make you feel loved and cared for.

It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.
      NRS

• My mother always pressures me to have straight A's in school and when i score lower that a "C" on any assignment in school she beats me takes away my phone shoes and cloths and tells me im a terrible person and that i deserve to die

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems like your home life is toxic and your relationship with your mother is becoming strained.
      Everyone deserves to be treated with love and respect within their home, and you don't deserve to be spoken to that way. You are within your rights to report any abuse happening inside the home, www.childhelp.org can be a great resource when looking to report abuse, and we can also assist you in filling out an abuse report if you call or chat us. Futher, if you are feeling unsafe or at risk of hurting yourself at any time, we encourage you to reach out to a friend, relative, or the local police department. Suicide prevention hotlines (such as www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/) can also be beneficial if you feel you are at risk of committing suicide.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by forum to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Ok so i was getting ready for school and my mom was rushing me and i had my phone next to me and something popped up so i check who it is she yelled at me knowing i have anger issues and i was like dang ok she turn around and yelled at me and punch me i go so mad that i walked out the bathroom and kicked my shoes when i went to my room and i was so mad.this is no the first time she hit me she been hitting since i was 4 And she makes me wanna run away and kill myself i don't know what i should do i want to call the cops but if i do imma be in adoption and I don't want that so i planning on running away

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline! We are very sorry to hear that you are going through this difficult time, and we want to make sure to let you know how brave you are in reaching out for help; it takes a lot of courage to do so.

We are so sorry to hear about the way your mom has been treating you. Abuse is never the answer, and you don’t deserve to be treated that way. You have every right to report the abuse. There are several options with abuse reporting. You could contact Child Protective Services (CPS). If you don’t feel comfortable going to them directly, Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a helpful resource to explore options and get some more information on abuse reporting.

You mentioned that you have thought about suicide or self harm. We understand that you are going through a hard time at home, but we want you to remember that you are not alone and that you matter. Talking to someone about what’s going on and how you are feeling could help. If you ever feel like talking to someone, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) is another great resource. If you ever feel like you are in any kind of danger, we encourage you to call 911.

You also mentioned wanting to run away. While we are not legal experts, the general age of majority is 18, meaning to legally leave home under the age of 18 would require permission from a legal guardian. Running away is not a crime; however, if you were to run away, and your mother were to file a runaway report, and the police were to find you, they could return you home. Anyone that you would be staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway.

We hope we have been helpful, and if you ever want to talk in more detail about what’s going on at home or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at our 24/7 hotline 1-800-786-2929.
      We wish you all of the best! Stay safe!
      NRS

• i just feel like i need to vent here. ever since i had my 13th birthday it’s been going downhill ever since ( i’m 14 now but my god has so much horrible things gone down ) and i really can’t take this much longer. around april a few weeks after my birthday in march she took my phone, and i didn’t react to it nicely so i started talking bad about her to my online friends, and she saw. i continued doing it after getting caught once and eventually she had enough, and next thing i knew, she tells me to go shower randomly in the afternoon. i go upstairs to see what she means and i see she’s moved my bed to get my luggage and it sweeping out my drawers and wardrobe with their hangers and things still on it?? and she says ‘ you’re going to nigeria ‘ ( i think that kinda explains what my race/ethnicity is ‘ and i’m terrified. i’m screaming so loud for help, screaming no, begging for my life, but she doesn’t listen. ‘ maybe you need a new family ‘ ‘ you’re a horrible teenager ‘. skipping some parts, i crawl out a very tiny window and run out onto the street, hoping to get somewhere, but i just run into my aunt. she takes me back home and we talk it out for hours. eventually she doesn’t send me away and to this day i’m still at home. she’s threatened me with it multiple times, and apparently the ticket is still valid. i don’t feel safe around her knowing if i behave badly once ( i’ve always been a good kid, me acting badly then was a FIRST TIME thing. ) she’s going to send me away.

next, she always plans things for me, and doesn’t tell me. i cannot stress this enough how annoying it is. it was the holidays and i’m like oh i want to stay at home ( unless i’m going out with friends i like being home) and she’s like yeah sure. so some days later she tells me to pack my bags and i say for what. and she tells me we’re going somewhere. keep in mind she said somewhere, and never gave me details when or where. the NEXT day, we go to wales. some day during that i tell her i felt forced to come and she snaps at me saying ‘ all we did ( her and my aunt cause she came too ) for you, all the money for you to say that ‘ and i told her i didn’t want to come in the first place and she turned the lights off. this isn’t the first time she’s randomly told me to get ready we’re going somewhere and to be honest i hate it. i can’t stand being unaware of where i’m going. it’s like a trust fall but she fails me every.single.time. and even if she told me, i don’t like going out either, i just want to stay at home, enjoy the few weeks i finall have school. but that’s too much for her.

she always puts the blame on me. ive been noticing her do it more and more, it’s extremely infuriating. being an only child sucks sometimes, because when anything goes wrong she won't blame herself, she’ll blame me. for instance, when i lose something on accident, it’s ‘ my fault ‘ for not ‘ keeping it safe ‘. or when something happens to her and it’s not a good thing its ‘ my fault ‘ countless of times i’m blamed for something i haven’t even done. she makes existing a chore that i continue to do every day.

nothing takes the pain or stress away. everythings going wrong in my life. my ex is in the hospital in and out ( althought he’s my ex, he said he only broke up with me because he knows he’s going to pass away, and he doesn’t want me to be attached with him when he’s gone, even tho when he blocks me on most platforms, i can’t stand not talking to him ) and because we’re online friends, only an hour away irl it’s hard to keep track of him. i wish he was fine. i wanted forever with him but that’s not long enough. i cried all week sometime ago because i thought he was gone, i hadn’t heard from him in a bit. i read our old messages and cried, i missed what we had. i started thinking of how tragic it was he couldn’t read my messages anymore, how upsetting i can’t do everything i’ve wanted to do with him specifically. but worst of all to me, he’s never going to be able to read my messages. that’s what stings the most. i’d love my mum to take me to the hospital, i’ve longed to even meet him, i couldn’t care where, and finally kiss him ( even though i’ve never kissed someone, and i’m so socially awkward around him i’d be too happy to think about anything else ) to maybe just seal our love. i feel terrible for saying i have a crush on another guy, i feel like i’ve moved on too fast, and it looks like i don’t love my ex. but i do only like my crush, and i love my ex.

i think i’ve roughly drained myself. thanks for reading anyone lol. hope ur having a better day than me.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X