No announcement yet.

My mom makes me want to kill myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cry every day my mom said "I will without a doubt on my sweet Jesus i will choke you to death"just because i didnt do 2 assignments for homeschool I wanted to call the police on her but i still love her and i dont want her to go to jail should i just run away WHAT SHOULD I DO

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I also wish I could die. My whole family is like a group of children. I've always been obedient, thankful, and I always tried to do everything for my family because I knew they were going through pain. I am a straight-A student, I've never asked for anything, I never told them my true dream, I always kept quiet. My mom makes everyone feel guilty and picks on everything my entire family member does. Every single ********ing day she talks about college, college, college, how weak we are, how ungrateful we are, how we should be more educated. I am overwhelmed by stress and I have social anxiety. I have no one to talk to and I've always thought about death since I was in 6th grade. My dad and my mom always fight about getting a divorce, however, they always stick together and this confuses me to death. THEY FIGHT ABOUT THE SMALLEST THINGS AND THE NEXT DAY THEY ARE BACK TO NORMAL LIKE IT DOESN'T BOTHER ANY OF US. MY MOM THINKS OF US AS FAILURES AND NEEDS MORE. I'm tired of my mom's emotional abuse and my dad's ignorance. I feel sorry for my sister. She once was a beautiful, witty, and outgoing sister but now she is full of anger. She has become narcissistic and she cries all the time. I felt angry at her before but now I understand why she feels that way. I am concerned for her because I feel like she is going away. I wish I can just run away. I wish I can have someone to talk to. Fine, I will go to that IVY league, prestigious school...and i will never ********ing come back. i hate my mom and my dad. they always made me feel insecure, guilty, and worthless. i wish i can tell someone about all of my worries. i wish i had the independence and money to talk to a psychologist but sadly, i can't trust anyone around me. for now, i'll keep everything in.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there, and thanks for contacting NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step.

It sounds like you're having a tough time at home, especially with your parents, and we're sorry to hear that. One thing that can be helpful when dealing with difficult situations and family is therapy. You mentioned wishing that you could tell someone your worries and wanting to talk with someone, and please know that you absolutely can. The good thing about therapists is that what you say to them stays with them--they are confidential. Unless you disclose that you are being hurt, at risk of being hurt, or planning to hurt someone else, they have an obligation to keep your conversations to themselves. And, if you want to be sure of that, you can always confirm with them at the start of your session that your conversations are confidential.

Talking with someone can not only be useful in working through some of those concerns and frustrations you're having with your family, but also in helping you work through some of those suicidal thoughts it sounds like you've been having. Another resource that might be helpful to you is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You can reach them by calling 1-800-273-8255 or by chatting with them live at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. We're also here for you at NRS. Whether you want to vent, talk through what's going on, or explore some options that might be helpful, you can reach out to us at any time for additional support by calling us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X