No announcement yet.

My mom makes me want to kill myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my mom so much, I do nothing wrong and she digs up the past. She's a hypocrite doing the things she says that aren't good. She's just some stupid woman bossing her slave. I'm going to attempt suicide by hanging myself. Bye.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,
      It seems like you are having a tough time with your mom at home to the point you are feeling suicidal. You should never be treated like a slave and pushed to the point you feel like that is your only option. It’s understandable to feel frustrated by her hypocrisy and feel like drastic options are the way to go.
      Your life matters, and we want you to know we care about you and want to see things improve for you. There is hope here and things can get better, please reach out to 911 or the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 for immediate help.

• My Mom and Dad make me want to kill myself or runaway. My Dad always hits me when I do something wrong and if I'm not doing well in school. My Mom always thinks I did stuff that I didn't do and when she asks the rest of the family if they did it and they say no she believes them. My Mom frickin likes our dog more than more me. She said that she can't wait till I get out of the house and like that hurts cause i'm her first born.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. You should feel loved and appreciated at home and it sounds like your parents have not been treating you fairly.

You mentioned that your parents make you want to kill yourself and it raises some concern. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

It can be stressful to try to live up to parental expectations and it makes sense that it would be a sore spot with you and your parents but it is absolutely not ok that your dad has been hitting you. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Stay safe,
      NRS

• Wow..Im really sorry for what your going through. I hope you keep doing your dreams tho!

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.

Thank you again,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X