No announcement yet.

My mom makes me want to kill myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am beyond scared of my mom. Her entering my room makes me jump and my heart accelerate. I have never been physically abused but a change in tone sends my heart skyrocketting. I have been told that my mom and I have similar personalities so our fights are ruthless. I always lose. Somehow everything bad that happens comes back to be my fault. I am a high acheiving student yet nothing I do satisfies my mother. When I pulled all nighters she would be mad that didn't sleep. When I started to prioritize more of my mental health she went into rages over my high A's turning to low A's. My effort has always been full in everything I do. I am terrified to do less. I can not go anywhere without texting her where I am every hour on the hour. When I go to practice the first thing she does when I get home is yell at me that I wasted time not doing my college apps and that she does so much for me and it is all going to waste. She makes me feel useless and scared daily. She wants me to take ownership of my own things, gets made when she doesn't like the essay I wrote even though I didn't ask her to read it and is absolutely horrifying when I don't update the family calendar even though I maintian a personal detailed calendar at her request. I have an eye twitch from stress and suffer from headaches as a result of my constant elevated heart rate. I am afraid to talk to her about anything because she gets mad when I hint at anything negative that could possibly be related to her. I just want to dig a hole and die. I don't know if I can make it to college. I am an impulsive person and I'm afraid I might just do something one day.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It sounds like your mom has unreasonable standards and trying to live up to them is exhausting and overwhelming. You shouldn't have to be so anxious when you are at home. You mentioned that sometimes you just want to die and are afraid that you might do something one day. It seems like you may be alluding to suicide. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

You brought up that your mom has not been welcoming or open to conversations where you explain how her pressure is affecting you. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• I am 17 and see no point to life anymore.
    Im not the best student although I try my best with everything that I do. But for my parents it's not enough. I'm constantly criticized on my grades, how I dress and my eating habits, so much to the point that I start skipping meals to lose weight even though there's not much weight to lose.
    My mother is my biggest critic, whenever she gets angry she tells me how much of a bad person I am, what a horrible human being and daughter I am, and what did she do to deserve a child like me. But she often gets mad over the smallest things.
    I make mistakes too, but as a teenager that is a given although my mother never let's it go.
    She accuses me of stealing, lying, and smoking constantly when I don't smoke at all.
    She downgrades me so much and often threatens that she will kick me out to the live on the streets if I don't do exactly what she wants.
    I try my best to please her but nothing is ever good enough.
    She's made me hate myself so much to the point where I don't even want to be here anymore. I constantly feel so depressed and like there's absolutely no point to life. I've tried talking to her many times but she never wants to hear what I have to say.
    I once told her that I was depressed and didn't want to be alive anymore and she proceeded to say I was just looking for attention and smacked me.
    I'm planning on leaving when I'm 18 but I don't know if I'll even make it till my 18th birthday.
    I just don't know what to do anymore.
    I'm so ready to die.

Comment

• Hello! Thank you so for reaching out. We appreciate you wanting to seek help.

To begin with, you mentioned that you were telling your mom how you were feeling depressed, wanted to die, and she disregarded you. We care about your safety and well-being, and if you are still having thoughts about wanting to die, you may reach out to the national suicide prevention hotline at 1800) 273-8255. The hotline would be able to provide you with any resources that you need, in order to, prevent any undesired thoughts or feelings. You can also reach out to the national alliance in mental illness at 1800) 950-6264. If you need anyone else to talk to about what you’re going through, you can give us a call at 1800) 786-2929.

In the same way, you also mentioned that your mom is constantly putting you down, and you’ve begun to have self-doubt about yourself. It sounds like you’re in a really tough situation, and it’s really brave of you to be reaching out for help. You matter, and are worth a lot. For whatever reason you find yourself being kicked out of your home, and need a place to stay, you can text the word safe and your location to 44357. The national safe place will send you a location to go to, and a crisis worker will go out to you if necessary. The homeless shelter directory as well will assist you in finding shelters around your area, and their phone numbers will be listened on their as well. No one should have to go through the verbal/ physical abuse you’ve been going through at home. An option to consider would be to maybe file a report with child protective services. If that’s something that you’re interested in, you can reach out to child help at 1800) 422-4453. The hotline may be able to assist you with your case, and let you know what proper steps to take next after you’ve talked with them further.

Again, thank you so much for reaching out. We care about your well-being, and want the best for you, If you need further assistance, or want us to call somewhere on your behalf, you can reach out to us at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• My mom makes me want to kill myself.

Hello, I am a 15 year old, of who has suffered from depression for nearly four years. Kindergarten, first, and second we all okay. I got decent grades. But then, everything changed when she started to crack down on me. She began grounding me, even when I got a C. I pleaded to her, that I tried my best, and even gave her proof. She didn’t believe me. As the years went by, I became more and more afraid to say anything. I became a liar. I lied about my sexuality, my feelings, and how much I ‘loved her’. Now, some parents may say, oh it’s just a teenage & daughter thing. No. No it isn’t. No daughter wants to wish death upon themselves because of their mother. I know she wants the best for me, but it doesn’t show. She guilt trips me, compares me to other kids, in which when I have a comeback, I somehow feel terrible. I once confessed at the age of 14 that I didn’t want to live with her. She then began to spew this stupid story about her past life, how she was abused and treated horribly. I can’t quite depict the details of it. A year back, my sister had a child, of which my mom now hardly sees for how ********ty she’s been to my brother. Soon he left as well. And she can’t help to think why they left. She just hates being wrong. Loathes the fact that she sometimes never gets her way. At times, yes, she does go out of her way to do things, but it rare. She’s made me sob in front of my friend. She’s barged into my room and screamed at me. Sometimes I’d be so afraid, I’d hyperventilate. She gave me a phone, to which she thinks I’m addicted. No. I’m not. I hide behind a screen because I’m terrified of talking with her. It’s like my safety blanket... Whenever she comes home, my content mood drops. I feel as if I can’t be myself. That I have to slap on this happy facade. We’ve had our ups and downs. She claims she will get better, but she never does. To this day, I still want to live with my dad. I don’t care if he lives in an RV. Hell, even a box. I just can’t stand her, it kills me on the inside.
        Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-29-2019, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
          ccsmod4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,
          Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything.
          We understand how difficult it must have been to speak about the things that have been going on between you and your mom also how it has made you feel.
          You are very brave for doing so. Good for you. It is not your fault that she treats you the way she does. You don’t deserve that. It sounds like you have become so frustrated with her behavior that you have had thoughts of suicide.
          NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.
          You might feel like you are alone at this time but you are not. Sometimes it might help to reach out to family or friends, even a teacher or counselor at school.
          Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) orwww.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
          Sometimes having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

If you are feeling depressed or having suicidal thoughts, we encourage you to contact the National Suicide prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255

Stay strong and take care,
          NRS

• My mom straight up kicked me because she said that She told me to unload the dishwasher which I already did and when I confronted her about she says she didn't kick me because there was no bruise. I have threatened to take my life or runaway multiple times and she doesn't care. She said that she would call my job and make me quit which doesn't even make since because somehow Im not responsible even though I've got good grades, Im a good athlete and I do most of the chores in the house. My little sister is a ********** who gets everything she wants. She's 14 and has a phone and I'm sixteen when I ask my mom why she favors my little sister she says she doesn't even though my little sister never does her chores, is failing her classes, constantly talks back to mom. I hate them both so much. And my mom kicking me hasnt been the first time she's hit me. Once in the car we were listening to music that none of us liked and my sister turned it to something worse and then I turned it to an actual good station my mom punched me in the arm and it left pretty dark bruise. Im scared that if I ever punch back I wont be able to stop until they're lifeless I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE.

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are having a rough time. It must be frustrating being in a household were you don’t feel appreciated. We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
          Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.We hope to hear from you soon.

• My mom makes me want to die I hate her so much and I want her to die

Comment

• ccsmod13
          ccsmod13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org) is always available if you need someone to talk to about how you have been feeling. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Reaching out to a school counselor or another adult that you trust could also be a good outlet for you as well. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

It can definitely be quite difficult when the adults in our lives are not supportive like they are supposed to be. You deserve to be treated in a way that makes you feel safe and happy. We truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time and we are here to listen and help with what is going on. Do not hesitate to reach out if you would like to talk more about your situation and brainstorm some options together. You can call us at 800-786-2929 or use our online chat services at 1800runaway.org.

We look forward to hearing from you soon,
          NRS

• My mom makes me want to kill myself, I’m 23 years old and struggling to get out of her house. I have a boyfriend who stays with me on occasion at my mother’s house and tries to help me but to no avail.

My mom is just the worst, if things are not done in the manner she likes or when she wants, she goes into these ballistic rages where she screams so loud that my neighbors could hear her perfectly. Saying I’m a good for nothing loser, I’m pathetic, my boyfriend is going to leave me and that he deserves better, I’m useless, I’m a piece of ******** and a mistake. If I try to walk away or ignore her, she gets into my face and starts yelling at me even more.

She demands that the house be clean EVERYDAY as in conducting a major cleaning everyday before I go to work; dishes, laundry, sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing and the whole works. BEFORE I GO TO WORK. Which is only a couple of hours after I wake up, normally which is 9:00 am.

I don’t know what to do anymore, she berates on a daily basis and I have no wish to live anymore if this continues. My boyfriend tries to help me by being supportive, help me clean or try to appease her. But my patience in this environment is running thin, I can’t take this anymore and I don’t think I should have to endure this. Parents are supposed to be nurturing, supportive or even kind but it seems like I was given a raw deal in life.

I’m just starting to feel more and more like a mistake everyday, like life would be better if I wasn’t around anymore.

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline and sharing a little bit about what is going on in your life.
          It seems like you are dealing with a tough situation and no one deserves to be insulted and we are sorry you are dealing with that.
          You mentioned wanting to kill yourself which is a permanent decision to a temporary situation. We want you to know that you are valuable, and it seems like there are people who do care about you. If you are ever feeling suicidal and need someone to talk to you can contact The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. The Suicide Prevention Lifeline can be reached at: 1800-273-8255.
          Also it is great that you have your boyfriend for support and that he can sometimes stay with you, it is helpful to have someone for support. You are at a legal age where you can move out one thing to consider would be to save up so that you can afford to get a place. Another option could be to see if living with your boyfriend would be an option for you.
          We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to talk more about what is going on please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
          NRS

• well..........a few pages ago i saw this comment about an indian kid..............this is pretty much a reply to that .............im indian too.....and my life doesnt suck.........but i cant say its good.......my mom alaways says i treat her like a servant...heck, if i had a servant i would treat them like a normal person...........well, twice when i was 7........ my mom yelled at me and just hit me.......and my dad stood up for me......he told her to back off...and he rarely ever yells at me...........but after i started 7th grade.........ive been waaaaaay moodier than before......i never had courage to say a bad word.....i just lost my temper a few weeks ago and told my dad to shut the hell up, and he threated to tell my mom.........he didnt tho...my parents dont like me being on screens too much.....their rule is 30 mins on normal days......on fridays after school.......i watch or play for HOURS! i just got in trouble for not doing something for this stupid audition my mom wants me to do....but i dont blame her...i only do one extra thing........and its an elective.......but i will starg swimming.ive been swimming since i was 4. .......im afraid im not gonna be playing roblox or minecraft for some time........and idk why im here.....anyway....back to my reply.......my mom watches youtube a LOT!!!!!!! SHES BEEN WATCHING THIS WHOLE DAY AND SHE WATCHES SOME STUPID INDIAN SHOW1!!!!!!!!!!!! she doenst even use earphone........which pisses me....im pretty sensitive with soundss.....i get yelled at everyday........its not fun.....just wait..... if i actually get a bunch of money......i know for sure that less than $ 5000 will be spent on my mom.....tho she spend a lot for me and my sis ......shes a stay home mom...........but she teaches dancing to these kids on Saturday ..........she loves to dance.....and i rly like playing the violin...but now im bored.........i used to lie it......now it just feels like work.......ive tried choking myself.... 1 of my biggest fears is a spatula.......plz dont laugh........my mom hits me with spatulas ......i hit myself with one today.......

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello, thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear about your situation, you do not deserve to be yelled at or hit with a spatula and it must be frustrating to not be able to use screens for more than thirty minutes. It is so cool that you have been swimming for so long and are interested in starting it up again. We will try our best to offer you help in any way that we can.

You mentioned that your mom has hit you with spatulas before, we would like to offer a free resource called the National Child Abuse Hotline and their number is 1-800-422-4453. We also offer filing child abuse reports here at NRS, we are available 24-7 for free and our number is 1-800-786-2929. Another thing you mentioned is that you have tried to choke yourself, we would like to thank you for talking to us about this and offer a great resource for self-harm concerns. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available 24-7 for free and their number is 1-800-273-8255. We hope that these resources may be of use to you.

Again, we’re really glad that you decided to reach out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We’re here to listen, here to help.

• My mom always is constantly criticizing me and scavenging for stuff to make me feel bad I have good grades do my work when I am supposed to and I just feel as though my Mom never cared about since I was born I want to die I've thought about this many times and this is my time to go goodbye world and everybody...

Comment

• ccsmod4
          ccsmod4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
          Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
          Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe and stay strong,
          NRS
          Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-10-2019, 01:02 AM.

• My mom pulls my hair everyday and calls me names and she says maybe you should take your medicine. And beats on me my hair falls out because of her she said some stuff that make me wanna kill myself and runway i think about committing suicide a lot and it hurts me because I love my mom but I feel like I don’t belong in this world

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We want you to know that we hear you and that the way your mom is treating you is completely inappropriate and unacceptable. It is not okay for her to hit you or pull your hair out. In fact, that kind of behavior could be considered abuse. If you are interested in reporting, you might want to talk to the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 and they would be able to provide you some information about that process and what could come of it. You deserve to be treated with love and kindness, especially in your own home. If you feel lost or as if life is not worth living, please call or chat us on our 24/7 confidential line at 1-800-786-2929 or 1800runaway.org or reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. We would be happy to listen to what you are going through and do our best to support you in any way that we can. That can look like trying to find you places you can go, helping you get assistance in your immediate surroundings, or just talking you through what is going on. Please know that we care about you and that you are always welcome here.

Best,
          NRS

• I have no idea what to do anymore.... my mom tried killing me twice she tried killing me when I was 14 by choking me to death I nearly passed out but I had put forced she chased me out the house at 8pm on a rainy night half naked, lucky enough my grandma was few house down 11-14 yrs old I was getting bullied my mom didn’t know until it was rumors about me in our old neighborhood I was being physically and emotionally Abusive durning my 6-8th grade my self esteem was so low I didn’t know how to communicate at all or take care of my self due to the bullying but it was one time I was getting choked by a old classmate and fast forward that year I was struggling with Because of bullying and plus I was left behind from other classes cuz of my low self esteem but two days later maybe a week after my mom beats me because I couldn’t do my work and left me with a black eye and got sent to school the next day I looked very emotionally and teachers was being all Suspicious about it so my history teacher I believe took me to the office and ask me what happen in a calm voice she knew something was up fast forward yrs later it was 2015 and I just turn 16 it was nice beautiful evening with good energy until my mom want get into a argue with me about me not coming to her about the kitchen she goes on and on I beg her to stop yelling at me at times we would debate on what he was arguing about it so she got annoyed and hit me so she went in her room and I got soooo irritated hopeless overwhelmed I had slice my arm until it was nearly a puddle on the ground with blood 30mins later I had almost died but doctor saved me now I’m 20years old learned so much through out my years my self esteem got way better but now things change brother coming back home after yearrrssss being in jail I’m so not used to my environment changing it’s a huge thing witch is very negative but I was being prepared but durning the process everything it feels like hell 2019 mhm lots of arguing last over 3-6months finally had calm down until my mom wants to humiliate me and abusive she always assume I’m disrespecting her even when we just having a normal regular conversation like normal people I get so confused why she treats me like this then turns into fights because the confusion and lack of communication then she ends up wanting me dead our last fight was few days ago I didn’t want put my hands on her cuz of course she my parent but I’m already going through mental changes and trying to reconnect my self but what’s caused the fight few days ago it was about clothes and I told her she was ignorant and selfish for not communicating with me for not removing this hanger thing for clothes to dry to move it in back to her room due to no space I ask her why move it in from of my door mind you it’s about 5.3 itch tall so I nearly bump into it she keep repeating her self like I didn’t understand English I was calm at first until she assume I was being rude befor I had said she was ignorant and selfish so I got mad when she thought I said that and kepts saying over and over to remove I decided to take my wet clothes off of it and left the hanging thing there the way it was I close my door 1min later she beg me to remove it I waited I was still mad so I try do better choices like an adult and I open the door calmly she cursed me out it and punch me nearly in my chest to my throat so I push her dnt punch me in my throat like that she gave me the angry look and threatened me with a fist and I blacked out and started swinging on her gave her a black eye so now she really coming at me pushed me to the ground pulled my bit me all over scratched me in my face until I bleed throws me on the ground stands on me stands on my stomach then tries to step on my chest she steady on doing it not realizing it and she steps repeatedly on my face blacked out twice as I scream bloody murder my brother came in and save I’m d me my brother tried to figure out what’s going on mind you he hates me to 20% loves me cuz I’m his sis but doesn’t really love me to actually take care of me so we was debating on what happen my mom gonna day “ I wanted to kill her. I said we’ll go ahead I’m ready go get the knife it would be easy she looks at me with full of hate as the devil takes full control so now I keep begging her to kill me I really after over these years like damn she really hated me why she kept me if that was the case and I couldn’t believe she realllly wanted me dead until today she told me she wanted to forreal kill me I was shocked I didn’t know how to process it especially if I’m still trying to fix my mental health my way and better instead going to back to the pass please someone help me give me options I’m trying my best to find roommates to get out of here before she really kills me on our next argument I don’t trust her especially the second time she try killing me

Comment

• Hello,
          Thank you for reaching out to NRS! It sounds like a very difficult situation you are a part of. You definitely deserve to be treated better. You are being so brave through all of this. We know it must have been difficult to reach out.
          If you ever feel like your life is at stake you can always call 911. That is the quickest way you can receive help if your life is in danger. The National Domestic Violence Hotline is another great resource that can help you with what is going on between you and your mom. They can offer support and answer any questions you may have.
          You mention that you are trying to get your mental health together. That is great and can be difficult with everything you have going on. NAMI is a great resource for mental health services and support. Their number is 1800-950-NAMI. You can also text NAMI to 741741 if you do not want to talk on the phone.
          You can always reach out to us to talk further. You can call us at 1800786-2929 or chat with us via our live chat at www.1800runaway.org. We are 24/7 and confidential.
          Stay safe,

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

[email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• My mom usually abuses me verbally how a nuisance,stupid, useless I am. She doesn't hit me though but sometimes I have nightmares that she tries to kill me and makes me feel unsafe especially when it's only me and her. My step-dad doesn't do anything about it and my sister works a lot, I used to have a therapist but talking didn't help. I've tried to take my life once and I don't wanna do it again, I just
            Want the pain to go away. I just want to be happy away from her, I've always wanted to run away but I know that's unrealistic and I'm so so tired of everything.

Comment

• ccsmod10
              ccsmod10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for telling us your story and reaching out. It can be difficult telling others what has happened to you and you are very brave for doing so. We’re also sorry to hear that you’ve attempted suicide in the past. Your life is very important. If you begin having those thoughts again and want to talk with someone anonymously, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. One resource that might work for you is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. You can reach them at 1-800-273-8255. They also have an internet chat function through their website at suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

If you’re not currently getting mental health resources, it can be really helpful to get treatment As your mental health suffers, you have -limited ability to handle the other stressors in your life. You can contact the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to connect you to mental health resources at 1-800-950-6264 or NAMI.org You may also want to talk to your school because they should have a counselor for you.

If you feel like leaving is the safest option for you then you can do that. We’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your parents could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. The people you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble for having you stay there if your parents file a report.

We want you to know that no one deserves to be abused, and you should not have to go through that. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse you’ve been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online. We also want you to know that if you ever feel that you are in danger, you could call 911 for immediate help.

• Hi I'm 11 and my mom never wants to do anything with me she has always cared more of my sister and her pet bbn i feel left out so i try to kill my self my moms name is Jennifer boer

Comment

• ccsmod9
              ccsmod9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline as we understand it takes a lot of bravery to reach out for help and share your story.
              We are very sorry to hear about how your mom has been treating you. You certainly do not deserve to feel like you are less than. A great resource for your mental health is NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness. You can feel to give them a call at 1-800-950-NAMI or reach out to them over text by texting NAMI to 741741. Furthermore, your life is important, and you matter. If you are ever feeling unsafe or thinking about ending your life, we encourage you to reach out to emergency services by phone or in person. You may also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. Although things may seem to feel permanent, things do not have to remain as they are. In terms of your mom, it could be helpful to bring up how you are feeling to your mom, sister, a friend, or trusted adult, like another family member, friend’s parent, or school counselor.
              Thank you again for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. Feel free to reach out again anytime by giving us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chatting with us at our website as we are completely confidential and available 24/7. Best of luck!

• Every single day I always cry because of my mom.She acts all holy with other people but with me she is a monster hitting me with every chance she gets calling me horrible names that I can’t even say .She says I will never go anywhere in life and that I’m the reason why my father left me .And everyday she says I am just a lump of space .She works with 1 through 18 year olds .But she can’t handle a 11 year old And so times I wonder if I am just a lump of space and think about sucide

Comment

• ccsmod10
              ccsmod10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,
              NRS
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X