X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod13
    replied
    Hi, thanks for reaching out to us at NRS.

It sounds like things have been pretty stressful at home and with your dad threatening to send you to Africa. While we are not legal experts, and although it’s hard to say from your forum post, if you are still a minor (in most states, under 18, your dad as your legal guardian would unfortunately have the ability to send you to Africa. However, if you are experiencing abuse while you are still in the U.S., you have the right to report it and initiate an investigation. To do this, you can always call the Child Help Hotline at (800) 422-4453 (childhelp.org), or you can go to their international website: https://www.childhelplineinternation...lpline-network. If you explain to someone through Child Help your situation, they will do what they can to explore options with you and help keep you safe. You are also always welcome to give us a call to discuss your situation further or help with filing an abuse report: (800) 786-2929. We also want to encourage you to reach out to trusted adults in your life who can advocate for you. This could be a family member or a counselor at school. Sometimes having an adult advocate can strengthen your support system and help you communicate you needs to your dad.

We are available 24/7 and completely confidential. You don’t have to go through this alone.

Best of luck!
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic send me to another country

send me to another country

my dad wants to send me to Africa but I do not want to go he said that I need to go there because I got in trouble and I don't want to be beaten there is it legal for him to send me there and also he just wants to send me alone
    Starts
    01-15-2020
    Ends
    01-15-2020
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X