Need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

I can't live in my house anymore.It's unbearable.My mom makes fun of me and beats the crap out of me.And she treats my half-sister like a queen.I've commited sucide 5 times and i'm still alive.That pisses me out.I've planned to runaway to Vancouver.I was going to wait till I got a car and my license.I was going to wait till my mom went to sleep and sneak out.I need help.BADLY.

Re: Need help

Hi

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. We are so glad that you chose to write in to us today and we definitely want to offer you any help that we can. We are here 24/7 and everything you tell us is anonymous and confidential. We won’t judge you or tell you what to do, so we hope that you feel comfortable confiding in us.

From what you wrote, it sounds like you are having a really hard time at home. You definitely don’t deserve to be made fun of or beaten. How often is this happening? Everyone has a right to live in a safe environment. Have you told anyone what is happening to you at home? How did that go? Would you want to tell someone now? There are people out there who want to help you and organizations that are responsible for keeping youth safe. If you are ever interested in making a report about your mother hitting you, we want you to know that we are here to help you with that. Even if you decide not to make a report, you can always call us just to talk about what is going on. As long as we don’t have identifying information about your identity and where you live, we can talk confidentially.

It sounds like you really want to get out of your home and so you are planning to run away once you have the means. We can certainly understand why you would want to get out of your home, but we also are concerned that you might run away from one bad situation to another. If you do leave home, how will you survive? Do you have a plan about how you can live safely on your own? For example, have you thought about where you will stay? How you will eat? If you will continue to go to school? We bring up these points not to discourage you from what you want to do, but to help you critically think about the situation. Your safety is our primary concern so we are here at 1-800-RUNAWAY to talk with you about how you might stay safe.

Right now, how are you feeling about everything? This is certainly a lot to think about and it can be overwhelming. We understand that you have tried to kill yourself in the past and that you are angry that you have not succeeded. Are you thinking about trying to kill yourself now? We are wondering if you have ever tried to get help before or if you would want to try and get help now? You deserve to be happy. Would you be willing to call us or the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK before trying to hurt yourself again?

We are here at 1-800-RUNAWAY whenever you are ready to call,
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X