Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 16 and I can't handle this anymore

School started a couple weeks ago. I'm a straight A student, I play sports, and I'm the president of a few clubs at school. I'm a junior in high school and in the top 10% of my class. I feel like I'm a decent kid. I'm always home before my curfew, I get all my homework done, chores done, and even do extra things and clean the house up every once in a while. Even with all that, it seems like it's not enough for my parents. They've yelled at me for getting a few Bs on assignments and supposedly having attitude with them. It's gotten to the point that I've been crying myself to sleep since school started because nothing is good enough. I don't want to have to continue to deal with the constant yelling, the look of disappointment, and the loss of 'privileges' like staying out past 7:30 on a weekday. I've wanted to get away from everything at home since school started, but I feel like if I do, my parents would find a way to get mad at me. I could easily just leave tonight, but I also don't know where I'd go to stay. I can't do this anymore

Reply: I'm 16 and I can't handle this anymore

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are feeling stressed out from your parents behavior towards you about your grades at school. That’s tough. It’s not hard to understand how you are upset by this.
    You seem to be doing great at school even with the issues at home with your parents.
    You seem to be focused on doing a good job. Good for you.

Think about what you would like to see change and then how you might communicate this to your parents.
    Sometimes a third party like a counselor, teacher relative etc. might be helpful.
    Things can feel overwhelming and it’s tough to figure out just what to do.
    You chose to reach out and express your feelings. Good for you.

If you would like to speak more about your situation we are here to listen and perhaps even explore some options with you. How does that sound?
    You are welcome to call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or try www.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X