Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE

My life really sucks...
    My father is a drug dealer and always puts me in bad situations. He hangs out with the wrong crowd and always is abusive. He once slapped me across the face by because I refused to let him pop my pimple. During Christmas he was verbally abusing me because I was scared to sled down a huge icy hill. He was calling me things like... I do not live with him however I visit him. I live with my mother who will not beleive any thing I say. If she does not like what I am saying she will just think I am lying. She forces me to watch my foir year olf brother all of the time while she goes to social events with her friends. What my step dad says goes. My step dad has anger managment problems as do I. He once pinned me down to the kitchen floor kneeing me in the stomach and yelling in my face. My mom was there but she chose to just walk out of the house she just didnt want it to be real so she erased it from her mind. I have no where to go and no family members would want to take me in. I am a 15 year old female if that makes any difference. Please do not suggest a counselour because all they do is offer mediation with me and my mother and I have said before she only is concious about what she wants to hear. Any ideas to get me out of this situation?

Re: I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write on our bulletin page. We truly appreciate your time and the effort you are making in order to get help outside of your home. You are very brave for reaching out at this time and we imagine that it was not easy for you. You do not deserve what your parents are doing to you. It sounds like you want out and have no idea where to go.

We are not in a position to tell you what to do or where to go but we wish to hear from you. Have you ever thought about filing an abuse report against those that take advantage of you? Getting slap in the face and kneed in the stomach are things that should not be happening to you. It is not fair to you and is not your fault.

We are mandated reporters and what that means is that we are legally obligated to take action and file a report if you were to give us the names, numbers and addresses of these people involve. You can call us 24 hours a day at 1800RUNAWAY for us to explain further. Once you call us, we take you very seriously and provide lots of support. We are not here to force information out of you. We want to listen and explain the options available to you. That means telling you what to expect or what to not expect. We cannot guarantee that you are going to be taken away from home or place elsewhere but we can promise you that it is our duty to file reports with the proper authorities on your behalf.

Once an investigation takes place, Child Protective Services will come out to your house to get a full report. There are moments when parents may change stories and it is hard to feel empowered when you do not have a voice or even evidence or witnesses to come to your aid. Do you have any bruises or people you can count on to speak up for you? These issues can be tricky but if you leave, and you are not immediately in danger, that too can be cause for the investigation to be delayed or even go on without you. We are not saying that you have to stay at home or leave but we imagine it is not fair to you at this time. This can be difficult stuff to take on alone and we want you to know that you are not alone.

We have endless amounts of resources such as shelters for you to stay in if you needed time away from home. Some shelters can let you stay there for a few days without permission but you are going to need it after a while. If you have no where to go or family, this is one option. Do you think your family might be against the idea of you going to stay at a shelter? What other plan do you have? Are you able to stay with someone else with their permission? We empathize with your situation and hope that things can be resolved.

We are confidential and non-judgemental. Calling us does not mean that we have to file a report but only if you give us some demographic info. However, you can call us just to talk and get someone to listen to you vent. Everyone deserves that when they feel trapped. We truly wish the best for you and care greatly for your safety. Please let us know how we can help. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Where are your shelters located?

Comment

It sounds like you are interested in finding out more about shelters. Shelters are based on city and state. Since we are not sure which area you live, we have provided a link to the Family and Youth Services Bureau: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/fysb/co ... locate.htm You should find a map and by clicking on your state, you can find shelters and other resources in your area.

As we said in our previous post, shelters may give you a few days before contacting/requiring consent from your parents, but at some point they would have to in order to not get in trouble for harboring you. This may be anywhere from immediately to 72 hours depending on the shelter.

As we mentioned before, we are mandated reporters, but other social service agencie (including shelters) generally are as well. If you share situations of abuse they may have to get Child Protective Services (CPS) involved. We hope this can be of help to you and do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X