I feel like my mother doesn’t really love me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like my mother doesn’t really love me

Sometimes if I’m not doing anything wrong the next day my mom will punish me. She hits me sometimes and I really don’t want to cry, but inside I’m just a dumb baby. When ever I explain anything she doesn’t listen and shuts me down, even though she and my brother do that all the time without a slap on the wrist. Sometimes I think of suicide and running away. I feel like I’m more likely to run away though. My dad is nicer to me ,but he only stays home fore holidays and some days of the week and the entire weekend. He makes me happy
    . My mom acts nice,
    and sometimes she does really nice things to me, like bringing me a cookie, but she can change that when ever she disagrees with me. I was talking about vaping, and how it’s better than cigarettes, but she drowned me out! I feel like I a robot sometimes, no privacy, no say in what I do. It makes me feel lonely and sad. I haven’t gone a week without crying because me and
    my mother are always fighting. I’ve given up on changing they way things are.

First off, we just want to say that you deserve to be treated with respect and compassion, regardless of if you and your mother have a difference of opinion. You should never feel threatened inside your own home and feel like you are walking on eggshells all day long. We cannot imagine how difficult the days without your father around are and what it must take to keep pushing, but you are not a dumb baby and you should never be afraid or ashamed to release your emotions when you need to. If you ever have thoughts about harming yourself I encourage you to reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1(800) 273-8255. They are a great organization, available 24/7.

Your post mentions running away, which can be an equally scary prospect. If you do begin to consider it more as the only viable option for you mental and/or physical health and safety, do not hesitate to call us at our 1(800)RUNAWAY (786-2929). Resources are available and there are a circumstances to account for that are best discussed by talking to someone. If you find yourself in immediate danger dial 911.

We offer other resources that we would be happy to discuss either in a chat or over the phone that could provide some assistance in dealing with the tumultuous situation with your mom. We are available 24/7 via the aforementioned methods of communication. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us or someone trust, like your dad, to receive the support you deserve.
    Thank you for contacting us. We are here to listen. We are here to help.
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X