My Step-Dad Hates Me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Step-Dad Hates Me

I am a 14 year old male, and haven't had my real dad in my life in 10 years, I went about 9 years fatherless, so obviously i'm not perfect, but my step-dad expects me to be able to anything, and everything correct every time, and if I make a mistake, I'm grounded, and i'm grounded 24/7. He hates me so much I feel like, he repeatedly calls me names such as, "Faggot," "Gay," "Worthless" "Retarded," and it really hurts my feelings, I take a lot of things personal. I try to be perfect a lot, but that just doesn't seem to be the right way to raise a kid. I try talking to my mom about it, but she just switches the topic basically. I know that my situation isn't as bad as a lot of peoples, I really just need someone to talk to. He loves my sister, she never gets grounded, and is a worse kid then I am, I just feel like I can't do anything right, EVER, I can understand why he calls me "worthless."

Hey there,

We're really sorry your step-dad is treating you like that. No one deserves to be called those names, and absolutely no one is perfect. You are not alone. You can reach us 24/7 to talk about what you are experiencing at home. Our contact information is linked below if you want to talk in more detail about what is going on. You can also text with a crisis line if you text "NAMI" to 741741, and they too can help you talk through how you are feeling. You are extremely strong, and we want to support you in any way we can.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X