Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom just punched me.. And this isn't the first time.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom just punched me.. And this isn't the first time.

My mom just punched me after i said ********** and i said what the *** because she surprised me. And the came around a table and punched me again. But i taught myself some self defense sort of things and i caught her arm and put it behind her back and pressed her elbow in (slightly making sure it doesnt break) i did freak out before she did this and i pushed her before i grabbed her arm. And we were in a public library in a study room. My mom favours my sister because they are both girls and "i always wanted a girl" i did the best i could but my sister went to get a security guard and i realized i was defending my self and they were teaming against me. I want a different family. I wanted to runaway but i never had the guts to do it. I have been saving money and buying some stuff to help me survive off the grid. I have the knowledge. Any way you can help me? Im alone. My sister and my mom are a tea against me.. And also i just remembered my mom likes to threaten to call the police to pick me up, FOR DEFENDING MYSELF. And she keeps threatening to put me in a foster home thing or whatever. Im going to post this now just a few more things to list... 1: Their is black mold in our house.. 2: My moms a hoarder. 3: four people live in my moms house, My brother age 18, My sister age 16, My mom age 50, and me age 14. And only my brother has a room of his own. 5: our house it rotting and falling apart and our roof has tons of leaks. 6: Our house is like nature, My mom welcomes the spiders. And their is usually wasp and tons of roaches.
    Last edited by ccsmod10; 09-21-2016, 06:31 PM.

Re: My mom just punched me.. And this isn't the first time.

Hello.

We are so sorry to hear about the issues you are facing in your family. It sounds like you have a lot going on, and we do not blame you for thinking about leaving. We are happy you wrote to us before doing so. We can help you think about all of your options, and all of the ways you can prepare.

Firstly, it sounds like you already know this, but just in case – it is never okay for anyone to punch you. You have the option of reporting this abuse to your local police or department of family services. If you would like help doing that, please call us so that we can go through the possibilities of what that may mean; we can even make the call with you, if you would like.

Secondly, have you discussed any of this abuse or the issues with your house with any adults that you trust, at school or elsewhere? While running away may be the option for you, that is a tough decision to make on your own and it could benefit you to discuss these issues with an adult you know first, because as you probably already know, there is a lot to think about if you do decide to run away. You said that you have been buying things to prepare, which is great. Here are some things we encourage youth to consider before running away:

• Do I have a place to stay?
    • What about school? Would I continue to get an education?
    • What is my plan b in case my first plan doesn’t work?
    • What would I do for money? Shelter? Food? Transportation?
    • Who can I depend on if I leave home?
    • Do I have a safe, solid plan?
    • What have I done to make things better at home?
    • What can I do to make things better at home?
    • Who have I reached out to make things better at home?

If you want, feel free to call us to go over your plan ahead of time, and we can even help you find shelters and/or food pantries where you are at the time. Regardless of your decision, we are here to help you. You can also look at nationalsafeplace.org and the homelessshelterdirectory.org for places to stay anytime. You are never alone.

Stay Strong. Be Well.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Does anyone have a full proof plan? So far mine is going great but I can't decide. Should I? And I looked it up and apparently if anyone under the age of 18 runs away in texas its illegal, THANKS TEXAS..

• Do I have a place to stay? --ANSWER-- Outdoors, Next on my list is a tent. Its around fall so I need warmth..
      • What about school? Would I continue to get an education? --ANSWER-- Do we even need an education, I am an 8th grader. Good enough
      • What is my plan b in case my first plan doesn’t work? --ANSWER-- After I get the supplies I will be forming a plan A B C
      • What would I do for money? Shelter? Food? Transportation? --ANSWER-- I have a bike. I will be purchasing a bike tire pump and pray to god my bike tube doesn't get a hole.
      • Who can I depend on if I leave home? --ANSWER-- No one. My sister is on my moms side. And my dad died when I was 5.
      • Do I have a safe, solid plan? --ANSWER-- Not yet, And no plan is 100% safe.
      • What have I done to make things better at home? --ANSWER-- Their is nothing I can do.
      • What can I do to make things better at home?--ANSWER-- Nothing.
      • Who have I reached out to make things better at home? --ANSWER-- Never, and I don't plan on doing it.
      Ok those are good questions, But can I runaway? Its all to confusing. I have a compound bow, Bike, hammock, backpack and all the good ********.

Comment

Hello there,

Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions. We posted these as a means for you to check to see if there’s anything yet that you can do and if your plan is safe. It looks like you’re aware of a need for further planning. Of course no plan is 100% fool proof, but it’s always good to be prepared and to plan for things that might go wrong. If you want, at this point it might be more productive to talk to someone in person here about your plan and, if you’re comfortable, you can talk to us about what is going on at home and explain how nothing you can do will work. We want to try to help the best we can, so it’s completely up to you. But maybe there are some things we can suggest that you might not have considered yet. You can reach out to us here 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Also, we wanted to clarify what we know about running away. We’re not legal experts, but we do know that running away isn’t illegal. Running away is called a “status offense”, which is similar to skipping school. There aren’t any legal consequences unless you make it a habit, but initially there is nothing that would go on your record. Police may apprehend you and bring you home, but there isn’t anything you’d be charged with just by leaving without permission.

Please consider talking to someone when you have a formal plan or just to vent about what is going on at home. Sometimes just talking about it can really help. Our mission is to keep you safe, we’ll do what we can to make sure that happens.

Best of luck,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Tell us what you think about your experience!

Comment

Okay, Thank you. Im sorry I cannot call my mom has this thing on her phone where she can see every number I text or call. I began starting a plan all though it is a bit early to do that. I will be bringing a phone that isn't traceable. I won't be able to make phone calls, but better than nothing. Part of my plan is to find someone who would like to join me. I live inand I haven't had any luck finding anyone so far. I am almost done with my supply list, I need a couple more things including a light weight tent and sleeping bag. And some other tools. Im glad i found this site, It is really weird going on a site asking for advice to runaway. Normally I only want to run away and I don't do it. But I have been prepping for half a year now. Its hard for me to get the money. Note to self.. I still need to buy that MiniShovel/Multitool
          Last edited by ccsmod10; 09-21-2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

RE: My mom just punched me.. And this isn't the first time

Hello Again,

Thanks for you response. We are glad to have been of some support. We should mention that our email and forum services are limited in the amount of responses NRS can give as this is not meant to be the best method of having a cohesive conversation so this will be our last response. Also, this forum is intended to get the information and support that you may need, not necessarily to network in the way you mentioned. If you want to talk more please call us or live chat if there is something that you think we could help with. As possibly stated before we are not here to give advice of what you could pack to better runaway, but it is great that you have some ideas of how to stay safe.

Best Wishes,
            NRS

Tell us what you think about your experience!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
            x
            x
            Working...
            X