I want to leave but I have nowhere to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I serious help. I’m in a bad situation. My mom is a narcissist and has been extremely abusive to me all of my life and I’ve been staying with my boyfriend but he’s expecting me to go back soon, but I can’t. I’m so scared. I don’t know where else I can go. I have family but they’re all out of town and refuse to acknowledge any of the abuse I have been through and enable it and every time i stay with them I end up getting dragged back home. I’m finally a legal adult so I don’t HAVE to go back, but I’m not left with many choices. I’m desperate and need help I can’t go back. I cant leave town, I need to keep my job so I can save up money. This is so hard

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are sorry to hear about your situation with your mom. It sounds very difficult and stressful. You do not deserve to be treated that way.

Since you are a legal adult, you do not need to go home. You are legally allowed to stay with someone else. You mentioned not having many other options. If you are interested, we can help you find resources in your area. There are emergency shelters and transitional living communities (this is a temporary, stable living environment with support to eventually live on your own).

It is important that you take care of yourself. Talking with someone you trust can be super helpful along with other coping mechanisms such as journaling, drawing, music, or doing a hobby you enjoy.

We are here to support you 24/7. If you would like to talk in more detail, please contact NRS either by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chatting online through 1800runaway.org. We care about your safety, so if you are ever in an emergency, please call 911.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X