No announcement yet.

I want to leave but I have nowhere to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 27 with a job that pays next to nothing, a husband who is as done with me as I am with him and little family or friends. I need to get out of here a.s.a.p but have no where to go and don't know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a tough spot and you want to move out of your home. If you are interested in shelter resources while you you find a more permanent housing option, you can go to www.homelessshelterdirectory.org or you can contact United Way(2-1-1) which is an information and referral line for resources/services. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD.gov; 202-708-1112) can provide you with your state's affordable housing programs as well as other supportive housing services.

From what you shared, your current living situation is placing you under quite a bit of stress. You deserve to get the support that you need while you take your next steps. If you are interested in counseling services you can contact the National Alliance on Mental Health at 1-800-950-NAMI or use their crisis text line to speak with a counselor immediately by texting "NAMI" to 741741.

We hope this information is helpful.

Good luck,
      NRS

Hi... I’m turning 16 next month, and I have had enough of my family. I feel trapped and helpless. I need to get out of here because I fear that I might actually hurt myself. I have tried reasoning with my family, but that doesn’t help at all. My dad is abusive emotionally and physically. He has a mental disorder, and it has really taken a toll on the whole family. He’s been mistreating me ever since my sister was born, when I was three. My mom used to stand up for me, and used to comfort me. She was the “trusted adult” that I would turn to. But now, she seems to have grown tired of everything​​​​​​. She is very depressed, as am I. Unfortunately, she has been taking out her stress on my sister and I. She’s no longer the mother I knew before. She’s constantly yelling at me and going off on me. The littlest things will upset her, like if my sister and I get into a small disagreement. She loses her head all the time. Lately, she’s been very distant. She’s constantly pushing me away, and the only time she speaks to me is when she’s upset. I can’t even remember the last time she told me she loves me. I can’t even remember the last time she’s shown me any kind of affection. One time, she was so angry with me that she wrapped her hand around my next and had me pinned against the wall. I’ve had beatings before when I was younger, but that was most recent and very different. She’s never shown so much aggression towards anyone before. It scared and hurt me. She used to be my savior, and now she’s my biggest reminder of how messed up my life is. I’ve tried to talking to them, but it never works. I haven’t spoken to my dad in 2 months because of his last physical altercation with me. When I was trying to defend myself and get him off of me, he tried to get me arrested. So since then, I haven’t spoken a word to him. My mother and I seem to always argue, and I really miss my old mom. I even wrote her the most emotional letter I have ever written, and she failed to show any emotion other than anger and disappointment. It didn’t feel like a stab to the heart. It felt like she was slowly slicing my heart open. My heart literally hurt. I am completely destroyed. I never seen my life getting this out of hand. I’ve considered removing myself from this world so many times, which made me feel so much worse. They are constantly plotting against me when they think I’m in my room. I literally hear them discussing what they’re gonna do next to punish me. I have absolutely no control and no idea why on what to do. It seems to come down to two options. Leave home or leave this world. I don’t have anywhere to go though. I live in Florida and I’m only turning 16 in a month. That leaves me with little to no options. What am I gonna do?? Please help

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, thank you so much for reaching out to us. We are deeply sorry to hear about the situation that you are in. We want you to know that all of your feelings are completely valid and understandable. You truly do not deserve to be in a household that causes you so much pain. It sounds like you have reached out to your mom in such a mature and gentle way, we are so sorry to hear that she continued to stay distant after you wrote such a beautiful letter. It can be very scary to open up your heart to someone and it was so brave of you to do so. Writing a letter to her filled with your true emotions was very big of you, it is not fair that you got nothing in return. We are so sorry to hear about not only the emotional torment you receive but the physical abuse as well. You really do not deserve to be treated in such a way by your parents and it is so terrible that they plot against you and how your mom has changed so much over time. It is completely understandable that you are considering running away or taking your life and we are so proud of you for bringing up these concerns to us.
      To begin, we would like to offer the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline as a resource that is available 24-7, free and confidential. Their number is 1-800-273-8255. We would also like to say that if you ever find your life in immediate danger, we urge you to dial 9-1-1 for support. Along with these numbers we would like to offer the number of Child Help which is the National Child Abuse Hotline and their number is 1-800-422-4453. If you ever find yourself in need of a place to stay then the Homeless Shelter Directory is a resource you may be interested in to find somewhere safe to be. You can find the website at https://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/ . Along with this, we ourselves also offer to find resources or information. If you are ever in need of support, guidance or need to make a plan, find shelters, come up with some ideas for next steps or just have someone to talk to then please feel free to call us at 1-800-786-2929.
      Again, we’re really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. You are so brave and we are proud of you. You are a valuable human being and your life is worth so much. We are always here for you, free, confidential and available 24-7 if you want to call or chat with us. We’re here to listen, here to help.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X