Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving house at 17....

Here's the deal. I was sexually abused by my dad when I was 11, and I haven't seen him for over 5 years. My older sister and brother live with him in Washington, and me and my sister live in Cali with my mom. Recently, there's been emotional, mental, and even physical abuse from my mom. It's a very negative place, and she doesn't do anything. she doesn't cook or clean, and we have to take care of her. we can't go anywhere because she 'can't' drive us. Not a day passes without her getting angry at us. I want to get away from her and all this negativity consuming my life right now. But apparently,the only way to do that is to live with my dad... you see the problem here? My older sister is trying to help me, but there's not much she can do. Also, we just moved and switched to a new school so I don't have any friends I can move in with or anything. What should/can I do?

Reply:Leaving house at 17....

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are faced with a difficult situation.
    If you are not against the idea you do have the option of filing a child abuse report with the state child protective services. No one should be abused and you don’t deserve to be.
    The situation is not your fault. We are not sure what kind of help you are getting from your sister but we are glad to hear that someone is stepping up to support you.

It might be helpful for you to call NRS at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) to talk more about your situation and to explore possible options.
    You have the right to be safe.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X