i need help so much help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help so much help

i have thought of runing away before but this time i want to im 16 about to be 17 in may i live with my mom now an i love her more than any thing but we always fight my only other option is to go live with my dad but he is always working like he goes to work at 6am and gets home ad 9:30pm-10:30pm so this makes running away my only choice right? im not being abused but its just all of the fighting that i cant stand iv done everything i could think of i have it planned out where i would go but what would i do when i get there just someone plz help me

Re: i need help so much help

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you are seriously considering running away. We are sorry to hear that you are dealing with so much fighting at home. Have you talked to anyone else about this? If not, who would you consider talking to?

While we are not in a position to tell you whether to run away or not, if you decide to call our hotline, we would be happy to explore options with you. You asked if running away is your only choice. Do you think it is your only choice? You mentioned living with your dad, but it does not sound like you are interested in that option. What other choices do you feel you have? Is there any other arrangement where you think your mom will let you stay?

It is not considered illegal to runaway in most states. However, most states recognize it a crime to harbor a runaway. If you left, how do you think your mom will react? Do you think she will file a runaway report?

You stated that you have it all planned out. What is your plan? How will you survive? An option that is sometimes available to youth is a runaway or youth shelter. If this is available in your area, it generally provides a temporary place to stay while you can work things out at home. In order to avoid getting in trouble for harboring you, shelters generally require parental consent or at least notification anywhere from immediately to 72 hours. If you feel this is an option, we would be happy to provide you with a referral for the nearest shelter to where you are located.

Again, we cannot tell you what to do, but we hope our response can be of help and wish you the best of luck!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X