No announcement yet.

My mom just beat me.

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you are in an incredibly dangerous situation and definetly do not deserve to be beaten or choked by your mother! Not only is what she is doing wrong, it’s illegal. You have every right to call the police if you are being abused. Since you are 19 years old, you also have the right to leave home at any point in time. If you have a safe place you can go, your mom can’t legally stop you. You mentioned you are currently in college, it might be an option to talk to your school about setting up a dorm situation so you are out of her house and away from her abuse. You might want to let your dad know what’s been going on as well, or ask him for some help. If staying in a dorm is not an option for you and you would rather go to a shelter, is an option for you as well. Please give us a call and we can look into additional resources that might be able to help you. Stay safe and give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 at any time, we are always here to listen and here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    • #47
      my mom put a knife to my throat and necer said sorry she acts like im dirt and loves the dogs more than


      • ccsmod8
        ccsmod8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello there -

        Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From reading your post it sounds like have been facing a lot of abuse in your household by your mother. No one deserves to be treated that way at all. You are very strong to go through something like that and still keep pushing and fighting for a better life for yourself. Just know that you always have the right to report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual, or neglect/abandonment) to child protective service in your state. You have rights too.

        It sounds like you might some specific questions that you want to ask us or maybe find a place to vent about what you are feeling right now. It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. Please rest assured that we are completing confidential. So anything that you share with us will stay between us. You can chat with us by going to our webisite ( and clicking on "chat" or reaching out to us via our 24-hour hotline.

        We certainly want to help you.

    • #48
      hi, there was an incident that happened yesterday at my home. I got a message from my school that I have some tests which were upcoming. and my mom said me to go and study. after I was done studying, I told her that I didn't get 2 answers and she got so angry and beat me up so badly that my whole hands and face became red. she started yelling at me that they were paying so much money for me to go and study and if I didn't get good marks, she said she would kill me. I couldn't believe it that my own mother said it!!. I feel like committing suicide because I don't know what else to do and I seriously didn't want to live with my mom. what to do?


      • ccsmod4
        ccsmod4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).
        With everything that you have been going through at home with your mom it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed and or thinking about harming yourself. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way.
        It’s not your fault that she is doing this. We can’t imagine how frighten you must feel.

        If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

        Something like this we understand may feel confusing, upsetting and maybe overwhelming. It may seem like a isolating and lonely time but you are not alone.
        If you are feeling depressed or having suicidal thoughts you might consider contacting the National Suicide and Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

        To report any abusive treatment there is Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

        Again you do not deserve to be abused physically, emotionally etc.
        It is not your fault that this is happening. You cannot control what others choose to do.
        Seeking help is an option available to you.

        Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. NRS is here to listen and here to help. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We are limited as to how we can help in this type of forum.

        If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

        Be safe,

    • #49
      Hi. My mom just beat me because I tried to talk to her about something she doesn't like to talk about. She pinned me down on the ground, pushed on my limbs, pulled my hair, and slapped me. i feel really scared of her. i don't know what to do.


      • ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my, we are very sorry to hear your mom treated you like that. You do not deserve to be abused. If you feel you are in immediate danger, you can dial 911 for help. Something else you can do is file an abuse report about what happened. You can do that through calling your state's child abuse reporting hotline or by calling Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 ( You can also file through us if you call or chat with us.

        You don't have to face this alone. We are here for you. We'd like to help further but would need some more information from you to assist. The best way for us to do that is if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us via the portal at Our chatroom and phone lines are open 24/7 and we are a confidential, safe place to talk about what you're going through. We also have a large database of resources that we might be able to connect you with: things like shelters, counselors, legal aid, and the like.

        We hope to hear from you soon. Please stay safe.


    • #50
      So I live with my mom and only her and I don’t feel safe here. She threatens to beat me after she’s already done it once. Yesterday we were in the car and she hit me and my eye bruised. I don’t feel safe in the house so I sneak out at night and hang out with my guy friend. I come at 4:30 every morning but I don’t wanna come home anymore. My mom throws things and threatens to kick me out. I wanna leave but don’t wanna get CPS involved cause that’s honestly too much for me right now.


      • ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello There,
        Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, and sharing a little bit of your story with us.
        It sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now, and we want you to know that you are not alone and there are people willing to help you. You do not deserve to be threatened or abused, and we know you said you did not want to get CPS involved but just know it is an option to make an abuse report. If you decide to make a report you can contact Child Help at: 1800-422-4453, and they can help with making a report.
        If you feel home is not safe you can consider seeing if any friends or family members would allow you to stay. We are not legal experts but if you do decide to leave home without permission your legal guardian can file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you back home. Your safety is our top concern, if you need help finding a safe place you can call us.
        We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove