• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccsmod15
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2014

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you are in an incredibly dangerous situation and definetly do not deserve to be beaten or choked by your mother! Not only is what she is doing wrong, it’s illegal. You have every right to call the police if you are being abused. Since you are 19 years old, you also have the right to leave home at any point in time. If you have a safe place you can go, your mom can’t legally stop you. You mentioned you are currently in college, it might be an option to talk to your school about setting up a dorm situation so you are out of her house and away from her abuse. You might want to let your dad know what’s been going on as well, or ask him for some help. If staying in a dorm is not an option for you and you would rather go to a shelter, https://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/ is an option for you as well. Please give us a call and we can look into additional resources that might be able to help you. Stay safe and give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 at any time, we are always here to listen and here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

my mom put a knife to my throat and necer said sorry she acts like im dirt and loves the dogs more than

Comment

• ccsmod8
        ccsmod8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello there -

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From reading your post it sounds like have been facing a lot of abuse in your household by your mother. No one deserves to be treated that way at all. You are very strong to go through something like that and still keep pushing and fighting for a better life for yourself. Just know that you always have the right to report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual, or neglect/abandonment) to child protective service in your state. You have rights too.

It sounds like you might some specific questions that you want to ask us or maybe find a place to vent about what you are feeling right now. It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. Please rest assured that we are completing confidential. So anything that you share with us will stay between us. You can chat with us by going to our webisite (www.1800runaway.org) and clicking on "chat" or reaching out to us via our 24-hour hotline.

We certainly want to help you.

hi, there was an incident that happened yesterday at my home. I got a message from my school that I have some tests which were upcoming. and my mom said me to go and study. after I was done studying, I told her that I didn't get 2 answers and she got so angry and beat me up so badly that my whole hands and face became red. she started yelling at me that they were paying so much money for me to go and study and if I didn't get good marks, she said she would kill me. I couldn't believe it that my own mother said it!!. I feel like committing suicide because I don't know what else to do and I seriously didn't want to live with my mom. what to do?

Comment

• ccsmod4
        ccsmod4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).
        With everything that you have been going through at home with your mom it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed and or thinking about harming yourself. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way.
        It’s not your fault that she is doing this. We can’t imagine how frighten you must feel.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Something like this we understand may feel confusing, upsetting and maybe overwhelming. It may seem like a isolating and lonely time but you are not alone.
        If you are feeling depressed or having suicidal thoughts you might consider contacting the National Suicide and Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

To report any abusive treatment there is Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Again you do not deserve to be abused physically, emotionally etc.
        It is not your fault that this is happening. You cannot control what others choose to do.
        Seeking help is an option available to you.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. NRS is here to listen and here to help. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We are limited as to how we can help in this type of forum.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

Be safe,
        NRS

Hi. My mom just beat me because I tried to talk to her about something she doesn't like to talk about. She pinned me down on the ground, pushed on my limbs, pulled my hair, and slapped me. i feel really scared of her. i don't know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my, we are very sorry to hear your mom treated you like that. You do not deserve to be abused. If you feel you are in immediate danger, you can dial 911 for help. Something else you can do is file an abuse report about what happened. You can do that through calling your state's child abuse reporting hotline or by calling Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 (www.childhelp.org). You can also file through us if you call or chat with us.

You don't have to face this alone. We are here for you. We'd like to help further but would need some more information from you to assist. The best way for us to do that is if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us via the portal at www.1800runaway.org. Our chatroom and phone lines are open 24/7 and we are a confidential, safe place to talk about what you're going through. We also have a large database of resources that we might be able to connect you with: things like shelters, counselors, legal aid, and the like.

We hope to hear from you soon. Please stay safe.

NRS

So I live with my mom and only her and I don’t feel safe here. She threatens to beat me after she’s already done it once. Yesterday we were in the car and she hit me and my eye bruised. I don’t feel safe in the house so I sneak out at night and hang out with my guy friend. I come at 4:30 every morning but I don’t wanna come home anymore. My mom throws things and threatens to kick me out. I wanna leave but don’t wanna get CPS involved cause that’s honestly too much for me right now.

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello There,
        Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, and sharing a little bit of your story with us.
        It sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now, and we want you to know that you are not alone and there are people willing to help you. You do not deserve to be threatened or abused, and we know you said you did not want to get CPS involved but just know it is an option to make an abuse report. If you decide to make a report you can contact Child Help at: 1800-422-4453, and they can help with making a report.
        If you feel home is not safe you can consider seeing if any friends or family members would allow you to stay. We are not legal experts but if you do decide to leave home without permission your legal guardian can file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you back home. Your safety is our top concern, if you need help finding a safe place you can call us.
        We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
        NRS

My mum just beat me for no reason.

I was at her house for while before taking a bath. she texted me while i was in the bath saying she needed to tell me something as soon as i got out. i then got out and went downstairs to ask her what she needed to tell me. she ignored me and went upstairs for a bath after me. after she was done she'd made a huge mess in the bathroom and blamed it on me. she threw my clothes into a puddle on the floor and i asked why and she just told me to put them in the wash. i said ok and a few minutes after she yelled at me to put them in the wash again which i'd already done. fast forward about an hour and she had cornered me in the living room. i picked up the nearest thing to me to use to defend myself incase she tried to hurt me. she yelled at me saying she would love it if i would just kill myself and that she wished i'd never been born. she kept on yelling things like that to me before stopping. i instantly ran up to the bathroom and locked myself in. fast forward another hour and i was coming downstairs. as soon as i got into the kitchen she continued to yell horrible things at me. i began to cry and she grabbed me by my hair and started pulling it. she then punched me in the face several times before getting me in a headlock and twisting my head round in a very painful position. she then covered my mouth and i couldn't breathe. she then smashed my head into the counter several times before then grabbing me by my hair again and screaming at me. i then kept on hyperventilating for the next few minutes. she drove me round to my dads as threw me out and said i was never coming back. PS. before all of this had happened i had an anxiety attack as my mum and brother were talking about a huge spider that was in the bathroom. i went upstairs to see where it was and it wasn't there. (i have arachnophobia). i began shaking and sweating and i couldn't breathe. i got extremely dizzy and kept on trembling. my mum was just stood there laughing telling me to stop being so dramatic and pathetic.. please help me..

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing about what’s going on. It sounds like you have been through so much in the last day. It’s understandable to feel frightened and confused by the situation. Physical abuse like you have described is not ok for anyone to do to you, much less a parent. You don’t deserve to go through that, and we want you to know you have our full support through this.
        It seems like this may not have been the first time this has happened since you felt threatened and looked for something to defend yourself. If something like that happens again or if you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
        You may also be able to report the mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
        Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you. Another service that might be able to help you through such a difficult situation is https://nami.org/Home which specializes in mental health. You mentioned anxiety and going through something like this can also make it hard to stay emotionally healthy, its ok and understandable to ask for professional help when going through something like this.
        If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website [url]www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive.
        We hope to hear from you soon.
        Be safe,
        NRS

I'm 16(girl).my mom beated me today for the first time badly.

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
        Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
        If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
        Be safe,
        NRS

My mom beats me and abuses me daily over little mistakes she always taunts me in one way or another about the things which were personal and she beats me over my small mistakes even when my younger had made ridiculous mistakes which cannot be ignored but then also she beats and says things which hurt me the most. I feel that telling anything to her is stupidity. She slapped me right now just for saying what I have done that she always taunts me in this way. I don't have any friends and she always abuses me on that topic that nobody would ever like mee and nobody will ever be friends with mee. She tells mee that I am the cause of every problem in the house. She pulls my hear very badly and puts me to the ground and kicks mee. She also beater me with a hockey stick, charger. She throws things on me like vicks balm, glass, remote. She always tells me that I am nothing without her and I won't achieve anything in life instead I will make them ashamed in front of everyone. She tells me that she'll throw me out of the house. If I don't listen to her or do exactly those things which she aks mee to do.

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
        Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
        If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
        Be safe,
        NRS

My mom is yelling at us for no reason.

Comment

• ccsmod6
        ccsmod6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through some intense stuff and we want to support you. We would be happy to help you in whatever way we can. We can provide referrals to mental health resources, shelters, legal advocacy, among other things. We can also just talk you through whatever your situation is and help you figure out what your options are. We aim to empower youths and we prioritize their safety and their well-being. If you are interested in anything that we have to offer, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take c

so i was trying to play with my mom and she pushed me in the wall and i cryed bad please help me

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        It sounds like you were trying to play around with your mom and things got out of hand. We’re so sorry to hear it as it sounds like you were really upset and crying a lot. You’re not alone, and we’re glad you reached out. If you feel comfortable doing so, one option might be to talk through what happened with your mom. You might be able to explain your perspective on what happened and how it made you feel. If you think it was intentional that your mom hurt you or if you feel unsafe, you can make an Abuse Report. Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline where you can make a report about the abuse you’re experiencing. That number is 1-800-422-4453. We here at NRS can also help you make a report and provide support any time, day or night. The number is 1-800-RUNAWAY. Thanks for reaching out with your story. It’s not easy to ask for help. Give us a call if you want to talk through options for next steps or just discuss the situation. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call anytime. Best of luck, NRS

Me and my mom got into an argument and every time she kept coming too close I kept telling me to back up and then out of nowhere she comes and grabs me and swings me to the floor. She told me afterwards if I didn’t like it I can leave, but then when I tried too she wouldn’t move from the door. And my dad said he wasn’t coming home cause he doesn’t wanna deal with this. What can and should I do?

Comment

• ccsmod4
        ccsmod4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello,
        Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We’re sorry to hear about the altercation between you and your mother. You don’t deserve to be treated that way. It’s not your fault that this has occurred. If you can you might consider separating yourself from her by going to your room or another part of the house to avoid any more conflict.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
        Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
        NRS

My mom just yelled at me because I am doing e-learning. She told me that she regrets adopting me.

Comment

• ccsmod16
        ccsmod16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,
        Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline – we are here to help and to listen.
        We are sorry to hear that your mom is yelling at you and that she told you she regrets adopting you. You do not deserve to be treated in that way. It sounds like you are doing what you are supposed to be doing as far as your online learning.
        A helpful option could be to access a school counselor or mental health professional in your area, sometimes it is helpful to have difficult conversations with family when there is a third person involved.
        If you’d like to discuss these options further, we would be happy to talk to you via our 24/7 hotline (1-800-786-2929) or through our chat feature.
        Best of luck,
        National Runaway Safeline

my mom beats me and trows meat the door. she has never laid a finger on my sister which is just two years older than me. She came from Nigeria. She has never really lived with our mom. When she doe something bad, she doesn't get beaten, but if I do something bad my mom beats me. I don't even want to stay in the same room as her. Please, do I confront her about it?

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello –

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes great courage to reach out. We are sorry to hear about your situation, no one deserves to be treated that way, especially by someone who is supposed to be a support system for you.

It is important to know that you have options and resources to help advocate for yourself. A great resource for you could be the National Child Abuse Hotline. You can reach them at 1-800-422-4453. You can call them anonymously to learn about the abuse reporting process, or directly report abuse to this line. They are a good resource for talking through your options if there is verbal/physical abuse going on at home.

Another option is taking advantage of our conference call service. This service is a moderated conversation between you, a member of the NRS, and your parents. In this conversation you set the guidelines and goals in order to have a productive conversation that can improve your conditions at home. To learn more about this resource, give us a call 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

We hope the information provided helps. Remember we are available 24/7 and can be toll-free reached at the number listed above. We are confidential, anonymous, and non-direct. We can also be reached via live chat anytime.

Best Wishes

~NRS

My mom hits me today with the Tong on my foot and it hurt my email is [deleted]
      Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
      Last edited by ccsmod15; 12-02-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are being hit by your mom! We want you to be safe. Please try to reach out to us via phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chat at www.1800runaway.org so we can explore what your options are. If you are in immediate danger please dial 911.

Stay safe. We look forward to hearing from you.

NRS

so, my mom beat me till the point i was beggng her to stop my eyes, back,lips.and face were so swollen i couldnt even cry im scared of my mother im scared to get out my room all ik is that in about 2 -3 months m running away.

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        Be safe,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X