No announcement yet.

I can not live with my mother anymore.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I can not live with my mother anymore.

    I am done with this house. I can't live with her, i constantly get yelled and screamed at for little things. I am not saying i am the best kid becasue i have made mistakes but she constanly beats me down on them. I want to move in with my dad and i want to know if she doesn't agree can i still take it to court and get it done. Or will it be easier to try to get emancipated.? I really need help and i want to get away from her. Last night i called the police and they didnt do anything becasue she was "punishing" me but she woke me up at 2 a.m by punching me in the face becsuse she saw messages on my phone that the police didn't like, and the police didnt do anything. Please help.

  • #2
    RE:I can not live with my mother anymore.


    Thanks for reaching out. Sounds like you are tired of the yelling and screaming at home, which is understandable. That sounds very stressful and it is understandable that you would want to live with your dad. We are sorry to hear that your mother yells and has punched you in the face. You do not deserve to be beaten or hit for any reason. It sounds frustrating that the police did not do anything. You have a right to file an abuse report if you are being punched. Abuse reports may help your case if you do go to court. It sounds like you have a few court options, between your dad suing for custody and looking at emancipation. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. We are not legal experts, but we can provide legal aid referrals, which may be a good resource to talk you through your options. Laws vary depending on your location, but in many states a minor can petition the court for emancipation to take responsibility for their own care before they turn 18. Generally speaking, courts are wary about granting emancipation. In most cases, you would have to prove in court that you have an income and can care for yourself financially, and that you are able to live separately from your parents. It also helps to be in good standing at school. The court will also factor in the mental and physical welfare of your parents in order to establish your best interest. Usually your legal guardian would have to agree to this in court. Please do not hesitate to call if you have questions, need legal resources, or need to talk. We can explore your situation, go over all your options, and come up with a plan and resources to deal with your situation over the phone or on live chat. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp