No announcement yet.

I want out

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want out

    Hi I'm 17 but will be 18 in November 2017 I no longer talk to my dad because of his treatment when I lived with him he was abusive but not a great person he used me just to get me away from my mom and used me to get money from her and so he doesn't have to pay child support anymore but that's another story right now I love with my mom which I didn't want to do and is the reason I went to my dads but I had no other choice to go back she's crazy and is one of the worse people to live with over the years she has became worse she has nothing good to say to me and I can not speak to her with out it being a fight or her yelling at me for something living with her is hard to put in words but I've been thinking about leaving for a long time and I read somwhere that at 17 a girl in a divorced family can move out if this is true tell me because I'm leaving tonight I may not have explained everything very well but I wish I could carry a camera with me and show the world what my life really is like she has convinced me I have something mentally wrong with my head cuz there's no way she's the way she is please help....

  • #2
    Re: I want out


    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things are really difficult at home right now. Home should be a place where you feel safe and loved. We are here to help you explore your options.

    You shared that you have moved between staying with your dad and your mom. Also that neither places have been a good environment for you. It sounds like a really difficult situation and it’s understandable that you want to leave.

    While we are not legal experts, generally speaking as a minor, if you were to run away or leave without your parent’s permission they could file a runaway report. If the police then found you, they could make you go back home. So when considering your options of leaving home, getting your parent’s permission would help you. Some options could be seeing if there is a family member or close friend that you could stay with for a while, with your parent’s permission. We could also help you look up youth shelters or alternative living arrangements (ALAs) in your area. It must be really difficult being around so much chaos at home and we want you to know you have options.

    We also have a conference call service where we can help you talk to your parents about how you have been feeling and what’s been going on at home. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and we are here to support you.

    If you would like further help exploring any of these options or others in more detail, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling us at 1-800- RUNAWAY or chatting with us live on our website at We look forward to hearing from you.

    Take care,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp