What to do when you get abused at home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when you get abused at home

I’m being abused because my dad has been throwing me and treating like trash and my mom had been slapping me all the time I don’t wanna listen and I wanna do something my way but my parents had been bullying me aka abusing me and my boyfriend and his sister has been dealing with abuse too so then well we started talking and texting each other because we can’t actually go to each other personally because he is in Iowa and I’m in North Carolina and I have been cutting myself and I can’t handle this stress or this pressure my parents force me too do
    Last edited by ccsmod1; 12-03-2019, 10:04 AM.

Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It's great to hear that your are able to go to your boyfriend for support since he can empathize with your situation. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

You mentioned some things about about being thrown and slapped that raises some concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

We know that stressors like this can be overwhelming at times and it sounds like you have turned to self-injury as a way to cope. It’s totally understandable that you would want to do something to give you a feeling of power and control when you may feel hopeless. To Write Love on Her Arms is an organization dedicated to supporting people who use this coping mechanism on their road to self-realization and recovery. You can check them out by going to https://twloha.com/.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X