My ********** *** dad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ********** *** dad

MY NAME IS ELVIS AND I LIVE IN ARIZONA I just really ********ing hate my dad and i pretend all the time that we're cool but I just hate him, I'm 17 and my dad is ruining my life even when he thinks he's helping it, he takes away my phone because one of my classes was not doing so good but I need that phone for school work in other classes and I need it for communication for group projects and stuff like that. So once he took my phone a bunch of my grades in other classes started dropping as well. so one day I confront him about it and what does he do? he doesn't give two ********s and so I start yelling so loud you can probably hear me from outside the house, I then decide to go outside to cool my head off and a minute later I come back inside and all I see is him charging towards me, next thing I know he puts his arm to my neck and he tries to pin me to a wall, but for some reason this time i don't feel afraid instead I'm just so mad that I start pushing back and he notices so then he decides to yell at me asking if I think I can take him on and in my head I think that I can take him on, I so wanted to just grab his busted arm (he broke his wrist a while back and its still healing) and just smash it beyond repair, and it was so easy too I could do it so quickly without a second thought but the only thing that stopped me was my family, see without him we wouldn't have enough to support us he was the one with all the money, but if he stopped working we would be homeless. So now I'm just praying that my mom decides to try and leave my dad again, and if she does I am definitely going with her, I won't make the same mistake of deciding to not leave with her.
    Last edited by ccsmod1; 12-02-2019, 01:55 PM. Reason: profanity and identifying info

Hey Elvis,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Your dad's aggressive behavior sounds really scary and it must be really frustrating to not be able to use your phone since it's so needed. It can be really confusing to figure out your next steps and we're here to help however we can.

You brought up that your dad charged at you and put you in a headlock and it causes some concern for your safety. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

It sounds like there are some issues between your parents that may be at play and contributing to the overall tense atmosphere at home. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your parents so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X