Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to runway, im 17 and turn 18 next month, can my parents call the police on me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to runway, im 17 and turn 18 next month, can my parents call the police on me?

I live in Illinois and I’m 17 years old. I turn 18 next month, I want to runway away from my parents because I don’t feel emotionally safe here. I’ve gone through depression and crying all the time but I want to talk to my parents and tell them that I no longer want to live with them and that I’m going to move out but I’m scared that they are going to punish me or do something to me. What can I do?

Reply: Want to runway, im 17 and turn 18 next month, can my parents call the police o

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you have had a difficult time at living at home with your parents and you would like to move out.
    There is however your feelings about telling them and perhaps facing some kind of consequences.
    It sounds like you are going to be eighteen in a month.
    Would you be willing to wait until then to tell them about your plans?
    Speaking of your plans it would be good if you had some idea about how you are going to survive once you move out.
    Does that make sense?

You are welcome to call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) to speak more about your situation.
    NRS also offers live chat at 1800Runaway.org

Good job reaching out.
    We are here to help and here to listen.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X