Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom from running away, help?

So I know this is very vain of me to make this, but just hear me out. Yes, I know I'm lucky to have a home and to have parents that take care of me at the least, but I just want to do my own thing. I want to start a new life and run away. Maybe this is out of proportion, but in the long run, I don't think I'll be able to regret it later. So I want to run away, this is what this is for. But Texas, I'm about 13. I want my freedom to express myself and not be held in one space. Can anyone reading this relate to me? This feeling isn't going away. I need someone to talk to? My friends don't know either. Can I just call Child Services and be moved away from everyone even though nothing is wrong? I've been hit a couple of times, but that's about it. Yes, this is selfish... But I can't seem to think about what my future will hold. And I think the present needs changing. Need to start a new life somewhere in California away from family and never look back. I want to become a pro eSports player and I want to go out with friends and be just someone that doesn't need to fake happiness. I need love, and right now... There's just a stale wind and a little piece of love. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad... But this life isn't for me. Help?

re: Freedom from running away, Help?

Hey there,

It seems like you are not in danger or having problems with your family, but you want to be on your own to start a new life. You mentioned that you are 13, we would imagine that could be hard to do at your age. We aren't legal experts here but usually in order to be removed from your home by CPS, there would need to be abuse happening that you can prove. It may be helpful to talk with a school counselor or adult that you trust to help you think through your situation a bit more. If you find yourself still in crisis, you can reach out to us via calling or chat.

Best of luck to you,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X