No announcement yet.

Can I call CPS on my family?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod16
    Re: Can I call CPS on my family?


    Thank you for reaching out to us. We’re so sorry that you’ve been living in a home that has made you feel broken. It’s not ok for you to live somewhere that may make you feel unsafe. You’re asking some really important questions about where you can live and who can have custody of you. We’re not legal experts, but we will try to share information that might help you figure out what you’d like to do next. It sounds like your home situation has been really difficult to handle. If you’d like to file an abuse report, you can reach out to organizations like Child Help USA at 800.422.4453. They can help you find contact information for your local Child Protective Services. If you feel you need help making that call, you can reach out to us, and we can either call for you or stay on the line with you as you make a report. Whatever you decide, know that we will be here to support you.

    You also asked about custody. Unfortunately, because we’re not legal experts, it would be tough for us to say whether your grandparents can have full custody of you. To get information specific to your area, it’s best to speak with someone familiar with the laws in your state, like someone from legal aid. If you you’d like help finding these resources, or even if you feel that you need someone to talk to, please feel free to give us a call or send us a chat. We’re available via phone 24/7 at 1800.RUNAWAY (786.2929) and everyday via chat from 4:30pm – 11:30pm CST. We wish you all the best. Stay safe!


    Leave a comment:

  • Unregistered
    Guest started a topic Can I call CPS on my family?

    Can I call CPS on my family?

    Hello, I feel as if I shouldn't be in my home. My family all drink alcohol heavily. My mother and her boyfriend get into serious fights when they are drunk. They get physical with each other. It is really taking me down. My mother and me get into heated arguments frequently. I feel really broken. Can you please suggest anything to help me? And can my grandparents have full custody of me? Help me.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp