absuive or not

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• absuive or not

im 15 and have this issue i dont know if i can count it as abusive or not ok so my mom has this boyfriend and they have been together for ten year but when i was younger i always wanted to go everywhere with my mom and when we were moving my mom had to take a load of boxes to the new how and when i asked to go with she said no and my step dad grabed me and pushed me down into boxes that were piled up in the house. and me and him havent ever gotten along and just this past year he pushed me downthe stairs 2 time and pushed down and my chest really hard and left a bruze he does thing like this me but not to my sisterwho is only a year older than me

That is abuse. I would say try to get away from him as things could escalate and get worse. Report this to someone such as a school counselor.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response to another user’s post. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services.

Thank you,

NRS

absuive or not #1

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. It’s really brave of you to share your story with us. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension, and we’re sorry to hear that you’ve been treated this way by your mom’s boyfriend. No one deserves to be pushed down or hit.
    It sounds like what you’re experiencing is physical abuse, and you have the right to report this abuse to CPS if you wish. www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/ is a great resource – they have lots of information about child abuse and the reporting process. You can also call Child Help at 1(800)422-4453 if you’d prefer to talk on the phone.

If you’d like to talk about what’s going on in more depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that may be available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUN-AWAY. We have a national database of resources for young people in tough situations like yours. You can also chat with us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage (www.1800runaway.org). We are 100% confidential, non-judgmental, and available 24/7. We’re here to listen, and we’re here to help.

If you ever feel like you’re immediate danger, please call 911.

Good luck & stay safe!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X