I feel trapped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel trapped

so I’m 16 and I’ve been struggling a lot since my parents separated. I live with my mom and things are very hard between me and her. first of all she is very fake and hard to deal with. She can’t have a conversation with maturely. I try to understand her and respect her but she doesn’t give me anything of that back. Atm I live with her and her boyfriend. It’s becoming very hard to be around them since what they have done. A while back my mom and I moved in to yhe apartment he lived in jammed with his parents and his children(they where grown). And some of us had to sleep in the same room. It began to my mom, his mom and I sleeping in the same bed but then it began to my mom and him and I sleeping in the same bed..then at night he would come in and have sexual relationships with my mom in the same bed I was in. I tried telling my mom to not let him come and sleep in with us but she always told me to “shut up he’s has too because his mom is sleeping downstairs and there is no where else to for him sleep”witch he could be the one sleeping downstairs or somewhere maybe in the couch? so it’s much more of an option. so from there on I started sleeping on the floor but then it moved to the basement and they would move to the basement too and there goes the same thing for 2 years and I could never say anything about it with getting yelled at or hit. After that they took a brake and he went to go live into another state so my mom and I moved into a home and staring to have roommates because my mom can’t stand the idea of being alone without a guy being around see she always depended on a guy but things been going well around that 1 year until she decided that she wants to go live with him , I wasn’t down for it at all ofc but the day came and i didn’t even know I was going to be here for the past 3 years. So one day I went to go and stay at a friends house witch my mom is friends with my friends mom and she showed up all dress nice and telling me that where going on a vacation, I told her wym I have to go with my dad Tomorrow I’m just not gonna leave (I go visit my dad every weekend) she said that Imma be back next week and get to see my dad but i knew something was up but she took my phone so I couldn’t call anyone and she forced me into the car and plane so there was nothing for me to do. I was heartbroken , I was crying or days and she kept saying “why I’m I crying nobody has died for you to be crying like that”. Mouths passed I’ve started to cope to the place I live and come to feel so comfortable I go and visit my dad every summer and it’s like a brake from being around my mom . I love living here because of the school system and I have my own room and nobody is upstairs but me, my mom and her boyfriends room is downstairs but it still feel uncomfortable being around them and I always be thinking that they would do that again if they had the chance. I try to forgive them but it’s very hard to. But rn she’s planning on moving again due to her boyfriend going into another city and she’ll follow him around yet again she depends on a guy a lot I’ve asked her to wait for me until I graduate bc if I go to a normal school I would be very behind due to I only take one subject until I finish I go to another one and it could only take me one year if I try really hard To graduate (my school helps you out a lot and you can graduate faster) but she doesn’t want to. Him in her are too busy stuck in there own worlds to realize my needs too . I tell her I don’t wanna be with her anymore but she tells me that I cant leave that she had my Custody and accuses my dad of “”murder””(that’s a whole other long story) and that’s he’s going to jail soon so there’s no hope for me to go with him she says. My boyfriend says that I can go live with him but I feel like I’m still to young to take that type of responsibility and I still need to have a garden ..Anyways my moms boyfriend and her are looking for places to move y I don’t wanna get a room next to there’s or anything like that , I don’t wanna feel uncomfortable in a place I should call home..I’m basically Hopeless , Don’t have any idea what to do. Am I being abused?

Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It seems like your mom has put you in some extremely uncomfortable situations before which have made a lasting impact on you. If you are interested in someone else taking over guardianship of you (like your dad maybe), you may want to speak with them and perhaps a legal aid organization to see what your options are. You can find a legal aid group near you by going to https://www.lawhelp.org/find-help/.

You mentioned that your mom would hit you if you voiced your discomfort in your living situation and this causes concern as it could possibly be abuse. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X