14, female, i want to leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14, female, i want to leave

i wanted to run away for a while and today my dad told me I need to leave. a while later he said he didnt mean it but I want to go. where do i go?
    i live in maine new york. i dont think i am old enough to get a hotel right? there arent any bus stations around here unless i walk 25 miles. someone please help

Re: 14, female, i want to leave

Hi,
    Thank you very much for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are in a very difficult situation, and it was a very brave thing to reach out.
    You mentioned that your dad told you that you needed to leave. It sounds like he was kicking you out of the house and that is against the law unless he has provided a safe place for you to go. If this happens again, you could report this to your local police station. This can be a scary thing to do, but if it is something you want to do, you could give us a call to help walk you through the process. Another thing you could do is tell your school counselor about what is going on with your dad. They may have access to places you could stay in your community since you are not old enough to stay in a hotel. Another option you have is to look around this resource: nationalsafeplace.org. If you put in your city/state, you can find the nearest safe place to you.
    You also said you still want to leave. We are not legal experts, but if you were to run away there are a couple of things that could happen. Your dad could report you as a runaway to the police. Running away is a misdemeanor, and the way the authorities handle it really varies. They may or may not actively look for you. They way runaways are handled differs from state to state, county to county, and city to city.
    Thanks again for contacting us. If you have any more questions, please give us a call at 1-800-786-2929.
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X