Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I save my girlfriend?

My gf has a rough time at home, we were wondering if she could stay with me if my parents allowed it. Her parents are drinkers and drug addicts, I don't feel safe with her there, can someone help?

-a concerned Boyfriend

re: Can I save my girlfriend?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us! It seems that you are really concerned for your girlfriend and are feeling that she isn't safe to be living with her parents. We do want you to know that we aren't legal experts so we can't say if your girlfriend can live with you or not specifically. If your girlfriend does come to live with you and she is a minor, there is a chance that could cause problems in the future. If she leaves and stays with you, her parents can file a runaway report. The police would be able to take her back home or tell her to go back home. It may be helpful to support her in ways she needs, whatever that may look like for you. If there is anything that we can help with specifically, let us know.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X