No announcement yet.

I'm 15, and I want to get out as soon as possible with my younger brothers.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm 15, and I want to get out as soon as possible with my younger brothers.


    I'm writing this really quickly at school, but I don't know how long I can keep this up. My dad is too busy to be around, and my mom gets stressed easily. When she gets stressed, and it can be at anything (usually, though, it's because something's not clean enough), she'll yell and sometimes hit me or my siblings. She's gone as far as to threaten to send me to her home country in a box and marry me off to some rando when I was about 10 because I wouldn't give her my IPod passcode.
    She's cooled down with me since then, because her target is now my eldest brother, who has threatened suicide in front of the entire family before. I want to help him, but he's choked me out and punched me, so I don't really trust him anymore. It sounds horrible, but I can't really forgive him. He treats our younger brothers, who are autistic, like ******** too. Calling them stupid and r*tarded and making them cry.

    I wanna get both me and my younger brothers out of there, and I had a plan, before. Graduate high school, go to a university out of state, slowly move my stuff out and cut ties, but then my brothers were born. Now I don't know how to get all of us out safely. I can't go to my extended family - they agree with my mom, think my younger brothers are a tragedy, or are just won't help. By the way, their autism is moderate? At best, I guess. They can go to school, interact with other kids, but one of them can't speak and the other has a lot of meltdowns. Any advice?


  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thank you for reaching out to NRS. You don’t deserve to be treated that way by anyone, especially not your mom or your brother. It takes courage to tell us about what’s going on at home, and reaching out for support is a great first step. We’re so sorry you and your brothers are going through that. You and your brothers don't deserve to be hurt in any way. You’re able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed; their phone number is1-800-422-4453, and their website is NRS is able to conference call with you if you want help making the abuse report, or we can make one for you. If this is an option you’d like to explore, please call our 24/7 crisis center.

    If you’re concerned about your brother, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a great resource. Their number is 1-800-273-8255 and their website is

    Talking to school counselors and teachers about what’s going on at home could provide you with some support. You are not alone in this. You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center at 1-800-RUNAWAY, or use our chatting services via our website. We’re here to listen, and we’re here to help.

    Be safe,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp