Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manipulative parents so I can’t emancipate.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manipulative parents so I can’t emancipate.

My parents, specifically my mother is extremely manipulative. Not towards me, but towards other people. She abuses drugs and leaves me with people who she knows I’ll be in danger with, however, she doesn’t physically abuse me so she’s talked her way out of getting investigated more times than i can count.
    I’m currently 15, and in my state emancipation age is 16, but I know I won’t be able to emancipate because of my mother. I know people who would be willing to harbor me, but I don’t know how long I’ll be able to stay on the run for. And if I can’t stay away until I’m 18? I’m gonna be put through hell when I get back to my mom’s house.
    Do you guys know any places in Omaha, Nebraska who might have recourses for situations like mine?

Hey there, thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you going through a difficult situation with your mother and we are glad you feel confident enough to ask for help. You are awesome for looking into the emancipation laws for your state on your own, it seems like you have been giving this a lot of thought. You do not deserve to be treated that way by your mother and put into uncomfortable situations where you can be in danger.
    It sounds like you have been looking into alternative options as to where to stay. We are not legal experts but harboring a runaway will result in either a fine or seen as a misdemeanor.
    If you like, you can give us a call at any time, we are 24/7 and toll free, and we can help you find resources on alternative housing programs and more information on legal aid. You can call us at 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us at 1800runaway.org.
    Again, thank you for reaching out and having the confidence in asking for help, it is a tough thing to do and you are really strong. Please do not hesitate to call, we are here to listen and here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X