•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon. You deserve to feel loved and supported instead of afraid.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    I am 15 I have been depressed for about 4 years now and my parents don’t seem to care I’m mentally abused by everyone I want a new family and feel loved and like I’m safe.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you could be feeling very frustrated with your current lack of space.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions. We would be glad to offer support, explore options, and connect you with local resources if there are any available in your area. We are happy to help in any way that we can. You can contact us further by giving us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or live chatting with us through our website, https://www.1800runaway.org/. We hope to hear from you soon!

Best of luck,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I have no privacy.. Im 15 about to turn 16.. I would have gotten a room this yeaar.. but since a a friend came.. i have been living with in same room with my parents.. no offense but my dad wouldn't even let me out of the room.. like where are you going? I am like i just went to kitchen.. Where did u come from? I just came back from kitchen and not to mention he is always agitated when im outside the house.. its not like im going somewhere.. im just taking a breather ;-; it has been annoying me for a while.. oh and when i dont go out.. he is like why arent u going out?????

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. You certainly don't deserve to be abused and we are sorry you went through that when you were younger. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country:

https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country. Please stay safe.

All the best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 15, my dads got anger issues, I can’t deal with him anymore I get grounded every 2 weeks for no reason for a month, he always used to hit me when I was a kid to a point where I used to always move when he gets even a little close to me, he always wants to be right now matter what even when he knows he’s wrong, I’m a buff guy bigger then him I can take him on but I m too scared to, I live in an Arab country and I got friends that would’ve mind me living with them, I don’t know what to do anymore I wanna leave this house.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

You mentioned that the school got involved before because you were feeling suicidal. It was absolutely not OK for your mom to encourage those kind of thoughts. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

It must be really frustrating that your mom is being so hypocritical when it comes to her professional and personal actions and it makes sense that you would want to get away from that. One local organization that may be helpful to you is called Loving Arms, Inc as they offer shelter for runaway and homeless youth. Even if you decide to stay at home they may be able to assist with things like family counseling or other services. You can reach them by calling (410) 367-2369 or you can go to their website at www.lovingarmsinc.com.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    im 15 and my mom is verbally abusive... its crazy because shes also an author and social worker... she takes all her life long anger and built up emotions on me and my 2 younger siblings. My school called my mom and told her about how i was feeling suicidal and she screamed and yelled and made a big deal about it. and offered me ways to help kill myself... i cant stay there anymore i need to leave ASAP. i have places to go but i dont want to be considered a run away... in any situation the police always takes my mothers side and never ask for my side as to why i would leave home... i live in baltimore maryland..... i just cant deal with it anymore... i need to go...

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hey there thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline (NRS),
    It seems like you are feeling oppressed and frustrated at home right now since your mom isn’t allowing you to go out and see friends. It is understandable to feel that way when you have only positive intentions and feel you can be safe in the process. It seems like your mom is so worried about your safety it is causing you to lose any sense of freedom. It’s a tough position to be in and it seems hard to feel untrusted.
    It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    As for proving to your mom that you are trustworthy t does seem possible that it isn’t you she doesn’t trust it is other strangers she doesn’t trust. That isn’t to downplay how you are feeling though, your feelings are valid and it’s OK to feel upset and want to feel listened to rather than ordered around. If it is you she doesn’t trust to be able to protect yourself, you might consider asking her what steps you would need to take to earn that trust and chance to see your friend. If does turn out that she’s inconsolable and unwilling to trust strangers to not try to kidnap you, you might suggest that your friends come over to your home instead, or that your mom comes along to keep you safe. It isn’t a perfect solution, but getting that first step might help her to trust you, and your friend/their family to be safe in the long run.
    We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    My parents won’t let me have freedom at all. I only have went to my boyfriends house once and i asked if i can go again and my mom totally freaks on me about it and won’t let me go and my mom is just stuck in this faze where she thinks i am going to get kidnapped and honestly i’m very safe of where i go and i do check my surroundings at all times and the thing is i am a Muslim girl who doesn’t have any freedom and i really can feel suicidal about it and i don’t know what to do like i want my mom to really trust me and i know she doesn’t when i have proved to her multiple many times that i can be trusted. please help me i am on the verge of running away.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). If you would like to look into further support options, you can text with a crisis worker at the National Alliance on Mental Illness 24/7 by texting "NAMI" to 741741.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    Hi I don't know exactly how to out this cause I know atleast every kid has thought about running away and I just want to get away from my parents but I have no where to go. I just want to get away and I know this might not seem like a lot but it's to me. My mom kept her smoking a secret from my dad and I lashed out and I told him. Besides you shouldn't have secrets in a marriage anyways I recently went with my parents to see my grandparents every year and long story short my dad did some type of snorting drug right in front of me. Like what type of parenting is that. It makes me mad because atleast last year he had to be drunk to do it. I recently just got my learner's and my dad didn't even think I could pass my exam. My mom lies about everything and I just don't want to be in their environment anymore. All they do is aruge and I share a room with my 13 yr old brother because my dad refuses to buy a house. Instead he uses his money on car parts. And I can't talk or go over to my guy friends houses because if I did my mom thinks I'm just like her and will become pregnant at 16. I just want my home to feel like a home.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent/guardian permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, they may file you as a runaway and if picked up by the police you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, contact the local non-emergency number to the police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    im 15 and my parnets divorced when i was 4 and ive moved 15 times and i have had probloms with drugs in the past but i dont have a phone im on a school chromebook my parents dont want me and treat me as a responsibility and dont want me and when i want to leave i already know that they will stop me best of there ability im not on the verge of suicide but when im around them they trigger a lot of suicidal thoughts and ive been to court had a whole attourny and mediator and no one helped my dads rich so he paid off all them all but my attourny and we had no fighting chance at the time i wanted to live with my mom my dads emotionally minipulative and mentally abusive and put me through hell my family is rich but ive been homless before same familly i have never been so sure about leaving till now i have a friend to live with and her family is okay with it and everything i have 10 siblings and they all hate me and i dont say that out of how i feel they tried getting me sent to military school and everything and all hate me and dont let me in there lives whatsoever i want a fresh start and everything but idk what to do and i cant call anyone i can litterly email my friend if i want to leave and shell pick me up shes a 5 min drive 20 min walk and i know her family (not my gf or crush whatsoever shes been very supportive and been a great friend a long time) i just want to know if i can go there without telling my parents and legally. but my parents know that i want to run away to her house a month or 2 go i only have 9 more days to decide before i have to send my chromebook back help please i need to leave.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Everyone deserves a safe and supportive environment to grow up in. It seems like you feel like your mom is not providing that. Generally she can’t just give you up to DHS for no reason. DHS usually has to get involved because of an abuse report or a petition for a Minor In Need of Supervision.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X