•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello There,
    Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like your sister is going through a difficult time right now. We are not legal experts but do have general knowledge of the laws. If your sister does leave without permission her legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police do find her they most likely would bring her back home. Also there is a thing called harboring a runaway, which you can get in trouble if you do not return your sister home or attempt to return her home.
    One option you could consider is to talk with your dad and get his permission. If you get your dad’s permission then it most likely would be okay for your sister to live with you. If you could not get your dad’s permission you could consider emancipation. Emancipation would grant your sister adult rights before turning 18. To find out more about the emancipation process you can contact your local court house or you could call us and we can provide you with legal resources.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support to you. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    My sister is 15 and she wants to live wirh me i am 16. Mom left ky sister with my dad and she doesnt want to live with either of them but she wants to live with me. How could i get her to live with me with or without dads permission

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi, thank you for reaching out to us. We are glad that you did. It sounds like your home is a very stressful situation. Being scared at home and your mom hitting you and being very aggressive is a hard thing to deal with. It sounds like you do a lot of the work at home and your mom doesn’t think that that’s good enough. You don’t deserve to be treated this way and we are here to listen and here to help.
    We are glad that you are staying at your mate’s house – that you have a supportive friend that is there when you need them. It is understandable that you don’t want to go back home and we want to help you figure out what your options are. Reporting to your state’s child protective services may be one of your options, but your brother would be included in the investigation. You can talk it over with Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 without giving any identifying information. Their website is childhelp.org
    We hear you when you say that you’ve had enough of life, but please hear this: your life is not always going to be this way. You will have control of your own life, and dreams, and will have the ability to make your own decisions.
    You can also reach out to us via our phone hotline at 1-800-runaway (1-800-786-2929) or our live chat service available at 1800runaway.org By talking and listening to you, we can help you identify the options you have.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely, NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 15 turning 16 life at home is very hard and has been getting to me a lot recently. My mum wants full control over me, I am determined to move out but I have no money and no place to live. I’m scared to be at home most of the time because it has become a very aggressive relationship. She has hit me and we arhue like every day although I do a lot round the house I clean everyday take my brother to school I Cook dinner pretty much do everything for her and it’s still not good enough!!! I’m stay at a mates house right now but I really don’t wanna go back home I’ve had enough of life to be honest. My brother is the golden child he can never do anything wrong but I always do. Can you suggest anything I can do to get out of home with out my brother having to move out to ?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what's going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really frustrating to have your parents limit your independence so much. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help advocate for you when speaking to your parents about the freedom you'd like to have. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your parents so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My parents never give me freedom ever but if I get in trouble there going to take everything away from me like family members I barley get to see them ever bc I’m scared to ask them if they say no I don’t get to see them ever

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your home situation with us through our online forum. We’re sorry to hear that things at home are going so rough that you don’t feel like you can continue living there. No one deserves to live in a negative environment where you are scared of your mom drinking and hurting you. We hope you know that it is never ok for your parents to physically harm you and you have the right to report. If you would like to know more about that process, we recommend reaching out to Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 to discuss your situation.

That’s great that you have an aunt that you would feel safe with. Have you considered talking to her and seeing if it would be an option for you to stay with her? Do you think she can speak to your parents and offer to have you stay with her?

We would be happy to talk to you more about what you are going through at home or your specific situation in more detail. We hope to hear from you soon through our online chat or our 24 hour hotline at 1-800-786-2929.

Best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    My life so been threw so much as from a child to now. My parents always like to leave to go get high with thier friends. Just recently my mom came in drunk hitting me and my sister two of my friends was there and it was really scary. They think all of this is a joke . I really dont wanna live here anymore. There been so much that has happen in the house to the point where i just wanna live with my aunt who i know i can rely on. I dont know what to do anymore but im really tired of staying here i just wanna go to my aunts

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry that it sounds like your parents are not giving you the freedom that you feel like you deserve. Growing up is a struggle for many reasons and overly controlling parents is oftentimes one of them, so it is understandable that you would want to leave. It’s a little difficult for us to give you any advice because we do not know your situation fully. We would be happy to talk to you about what options you have and how you can move forward from this. If you are interested in sharing more about what’s going on, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on our 24/7 confidential hotline 1-800-786-2929 or on chat at 1800runaway.org.

Guest replied
    My parents are trying to force me to do things that I don't want to do and I'm tired of that I just want to leave

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Guest replied
    I am 15 years old and my stepmum doesn't want me, my own mother died when I was almost 2 years old and I have always been treated differently to my half-siblings. They are always treated like royalty. Even the simplest things like a small piece of food is such a luxery for me. She's always using really abusive language towards me and has spread rumours about me since I was small convincing our relatives and family friends that I was crazy. She cheated on my dad who again turned a blind eye and the cheating was blamed on me. I am always the family's scape-goat. I really don't want to stay anymore, I had to contact the police once yet they thouhht I was exaggerating and returned me back home even though I didn't want to go back. My relatives have all rejected to help me so I can't move in with them. Please. I need to move. Permanently not for a sort while.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult situations. It is great though that you seem close with your boyfriend and have him for support. Any type of abuse is unacceptable and you can report that if you would like. We are based in the United States so we are unsure of where you would report that in Canada. Also you mentioned having feeling of depression, you may want to speak to your school counselor about these feelings, sometimes it can be difficult to deal with these feeling on your own. Because we are based in the United States we would not be able to tell you Canada’s laws and what could happen if you were to leave home as a minor. In the United States in most states one needs to be 18 for them to legally leave home. If one leaves home before turning 18 they could be considered as a runaway. It may be different in Canada. We hope this information was useful in your situation, if you have any other questions feel free to call us we are available 24/7. Remember you are not alone. Stay strong.
    NRS

Guest replied
    I am 14 years old, turning 15 on Jan 2. I want to move in with my boyfriend who I have been with for over a year. He is 18 years old and we are exactly 3.5 years apart in age (His birthday’s July 2nd and mines on January 2nd). My parents also strongly disapprove of our relationship and make it very difficult for the both of us, but even then we have made it this far and I have not for one second hesitated to the way I feel about him. I’m pretty sure I’m in love with him and he makes me very happy whenever we can talk. I have bad issues with my parents and do not get along with them AT ALL, if we talk its usually just us fighting. I have been depressed living with my parents and they can be emotionally and sometimes but rarely physically abusive, they blame me for a lot of stuff (including how their relationship is unhealthy and slowly ending), they are also either very neglectful or very clingy and strict to the point where sometimes I won’t be able to leave to go on a jog/walk. Sometimes they make me so depressed by the way that they treat me I can become very suicidal, I have attempted once (this was a little more than a year ago, before I met my boyfriend). I wouldn’t try to take my life ever again but I find myself miserable and slowly withering away the majority of time living with my parents. My boyfriend lives in America and I live in Canada and distance is rough for the both of us, especially because my mom is now starting to shut off the wifi 99% of the time, (which is also effecting some of my schoolwork and grades). The wifi is literally on a max of 20 minutes a day now. That makes talking with my boyfriend (one of the only people who make me happy and feel ok) a lot harder. I do have a passport and dual citizenship so I am an American citizen and lived there around two years ago as well. My dream is really just to move to him and be with him, or at the least away from my parents who make me feel like absolute ******** 99% of the time. Please help me.. I don’t know what to do and all I want to do is be with my boyfriend right now..

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there,

It definitely sounds like you're going through a lot. Your situation sounds like it could indeed be quite frustrating and stressful. Unfortunately we don't know anything about the resources available to people in New Zealand or what laws apply to you. Consequently, we can't accurately respond to the question in your post. 0800 37 66 33 is the number to a youth crisis hotline in New Zealand that may be able to help. They're open 24/7.

Best,
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X