No announcement yet.

Im 15 and I want to leave my house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no privacy.. Im 15 about to turn 16.. I would have gotten a room this yeaar.. but since a a friend came.. i have been living with in same room with my parents.. no offense but my dad wouldn't even let me out of the room.. like where are you going? I am like i just went to kitchen.. Where did u come from? I just came back from kitchen and not to mention he is always agitated when im outside the house.. its not like im going somewhere.. im just taking a breather ;-; it has been annoying me for a while.. oh and when i dont go out.. he is like why arent u going out?????

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you could be feeling very frustrated with your current lack of space.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions. We would be glad to offer support, explore options, and connect you with local resources if there are any available in your area. We are happy to help in any way that we can. You can contact us further by giving us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or live chatting with us through our website, https://www.1800runaway.org/. We hope to hear from you soon!

Best of luck,
      NRS

I am 15 I have been depressed for about 4 years now and my parents don’t seem to care I’m mentally abused by everyone I want a new family and feel loved and like I’m safe.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon. You deserve to feel loved and supported instead of afraid.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe, NRS

Im 15 and my mom is very controlling I have no contact to the outside world the computer i'm using now is my school computer which still doesn't give me contact to the outside.I am very su**dal and I have been thinking about running away these are my only options of ways out.I wanted to get emancipated but she won't even let me get a job (says i'm to young) when all of my friends my age have jobs already and are even getting ready to drive.I'm losing hope fast and don't even tell me to try and talk to her because that never worked and never will i'm dying please help.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

Am I being verbally or emotionally abused?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

hi, so um i'd like advice on my current situation? i am currently 14 years old. i am a minor, and i turn 15 in around three months. i deal with depression and anxiety due to issues at home, and have diagnosed social anxiety, which is irrelevant to my mental illness, but I am aware that I have social anxiety issues because of trauma from the social dynamic at home. i have a four year plan, so i can move out as soon as I'm 18, to ensure that I'll be able to get away as soon as i can. im a freshmen, and i plan on getting my license asap so i can drive to get a job, and save money. i also planned on doing duel enrollment so i could get some college classes done for free, and im glad my school offers that. i then move out once legally an adult and live with any relative that will have me, i cook, clean, and am generally a responsible person and i have no doubt that any one would be happy to have me live with them, as i am considerate of my living space. but my immediate family is not. i clean out and organize the fridge because if i dont, nobody cares about food getting moldy or things being all over the place. i used to clean most of the house even tho i have three siblings, because they didnt care about the mess and neither did my parents. this was a stressful experience and i eventually learned to just stick within my own environment and id be happier, so i stay in my room where i can control my space, but my parents dont like this. distancing myself from them helps me maintain my mental health, because they are a direct cause. im a very psychological person and i am self aware, and i understand that most of my mental illness roots from my parents and their lack of parenting skills. this has caused me long term emotional trauma, because my siblings have no consideration for each other and are constantly arguing, but because my parents cant correctly parent, the situation becomes worse and it leads to my parents yelling and adding to the problem. there is a lot of verbal argument that turns into psychological trauma, and i can tell that my two brothers have eating disorders and my sister struggles with her weight bc she uses eating as a coping mechanism. my family doesnt show affection and i have no connection to any of them. i have empathy for my siblings tho. i am grateful that i dont deal with physical abuse, but its still difficult at home, and my trauma is still valid. i am aware that i can move in with a relative and be filed as a runaway, but the only person i can even come close to staying with is my grandma. i know my legal mother would tell everyone that im being an impossible teenager and that shes being reasonable, but without acknowledging that she is the reason that i need therapy in the first place. it is very lonely, and all i ever wanted was a functioning family. my friends are my family to me, and i believe that family is not by blood, it is by heart. and my friends are there for me in a way that my blood family never has, so they are my family. every day gets just a little bit harder, and although my four year plan is a long term goal, i dont know how much longer i can keep going. it is difficult to heal in the environment that hurt you. im not sure if i can endure another three years here. my dad is not responsible in parenting, and piggybacks off everything my mom says. his form of discipline is yelling and taking things away, while my mom has to do all the parenting, its too stressful for her on her own and causes her to do the same thing. this is a vicious cycle, for it causes my siblings to argue with each other and look at each other as a source of negative feelings, rather than someone they should try to understand where theyre coming from. due to my depression, i find it hard to be productive, but ive noticed that whenever im able to be home alone, that drastically changes. when the toxic environment is gone, my anxiety is almost non existent and i feel myself again. so i take advantage of this, by cleaning the house, doing homework, and enjoying the space of the living room and kitchen before going back to my room when they get home. these are just some details from my situation, and is kind of hard for me to talk about. i can never stop thinking about it, im not sure if its ptsd but i can never fully focus on something bc the things that have traumatized me are constantly in the back of my mind, and are the things i cant get out of my head. it hurts. every day. i cry until i am just too numb for tears to come out. it is hard, but i try to look on the bright side of things. i am looking for advice on what my next move should be. i dont know anyone who is legally an adult that would be willing to take me in, but i am honestly desperate and confident that they would be comfortable to have me in their home. all of my aunts and uncles arent in a suitable place to take me in, and the only one close is my grandma, bc i know she has a spare room. i know all of my aunts and uncles would help me in a second, bc i am pretty close with them. but they are also close to my mom. so i feel like they would believe her over me. what do you think would be the best approach? thank you for taking the time to read my lengthy post, i really do appreciate it. i admire the NRS and i am thankful that it is a thing. i appreciate everyone working for the NRS and i hope you know you are helpful and many of us in need of support and guidance are grateful that it exists.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, as we know it can be difficult to talk about what you are going through at home. You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).If you would like to look into further emotional support options, you can text with a crisis worker at the National Alliance on Mental Illness 24/7 by texting "NAMI" to 741741.

Be safe,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X