No announcement yet.

Im 15 and I want to leave my house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m 15 almost 16 My parents are older people but they don’t make time to talk. I’ve had something I wanted to talk to them about but neither of them will talk to me. I get yelled at for doing something wrong and not like the bad things of wrong like forgetting to do something or something around there. I don’t have much freedom like my sister and I hardly feel loved. I know they love will I think so but I definitely don’t feel loved. Also I feel worthless and unwanted I’ve been off and on with thoughts of death but my man thought is runaway. I don’t know what I should do.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

I’m 15 and I want to leave my mom

one day I asked my mom if I could go with my friends and she said yes I spent the night and now ever since she treats me like a dog she won’t let me go and she acts as if I will do anything she says I tell her all the time I’m gonna leave if she doesn’t stop disrepecting me and treating me like a dog but she does not listen so I think I might run away!!

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are in a very frustrating situation. It must be frustrating to feel like you aren’t been heard. Maybe you can try to talk to a friend, family member or someone you trust about what you are experiencing. Sometimes it helps to talk with someone and get it all out. Speaking with a therapist could also help. If you ever want to find a therapist you can contact SAMHSA at 1800-662-HELP. If you feel like you are in an unsafe environment you can always contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453 and report any abuse whether emotional or physical. You deserve to be treated with respect and to feel safe and loved at home.
      We aren’t legal experts but remember if you were to run away before you are 18 years old there are risks 18 years old is the age that you are considered an adult and can leave your parents’ home without permission. If you leave now then your mom could report you as a runaway and if the police locate you they would return you home. Also anyone you stay with could run the risk of getting harboring charges. If you want to explore your options you can always contact us at 1800-RUNAWAY. Best of luck!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X