15 and want to runaway to Texas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 and want to runaway to Texas

Hi I am Claire. I am 15 and from Coloroado. I was adopted from china when i was 18months. Ever since 7th grade up till about now,10th grade, I feel like I ama dissapointment to my family. I do not get as good of grades as my siblings did when they were my age. My parents have a stupid rule where I cannot bring my phone up to my room, they caught me last night with it. But what they do not understand is that I talk to people, strangers actually, about my life and why I just do not fit in with this family. I always wonder why I was chosen to be with this family and what my life would be like if I was in a different family or back in China. I want to talk to them about how I feel but I just feel like they will think of it as oh it is nothing. I have a wonderful house but I just want a new start. There is this guy down in Texas. He is one of the people that I talk to and tell them about how I feel. We can relate in some ways. I used to talk to this counsler at this counseling place and I am considering talking to her again. But, if I tell her all of this, I am afraid that she will tell my parents and that they will be like super overprotective and wont let me go anywhere. I just want a new start but I do not know if I am running for the right reasons.

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. It sounds like you have a lot on your mind right now. There is nothing wrong with having questions or concerns about your life or about wanting to speak to your parents about them. Sometimes we may not understand why others act or feel the way they do, and they may not understand how you feel. Speaking to people who you know and trust and that you feel have your best interests at heart can be beneficial. You can always ask your counselor if what you share with her is in confidence and then determine what you want to talk about. If you ever felt like you wanted to speak to your parents but you weren’t sure if you could, we offer a service of call conferencing in which we could mediate a call between you and your parents to offer you support. You can reach us here 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY and 1800RUNAWAY.org. Good luck
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X