Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to runaway, just need to figure out where to stay

Hi, I'm 10 years old and I am attacked every day. I don't have a healthy relationship with my family. I have everything planned to leave, but I don't know where I'd stay. Any ideas?

RE: I'm going to runaway, just need to figure out where to stay

Hello. Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you are in a really difficult situation right now and we are sorry to hear this.
    It's incredibly hard to feel unsafe within your own home and your feelings are understandable. Regarding running away, in most states, you cannot legally live on your own until you reach the age of 18. This means that your parents/guardians can file a runaway report and if you come in to contact with police, you will be forced back home.
    No one deserves to be abused and you are brave for seeking help. If you are experiencing physical abuse from your parents/guardians, you have the option of filing an abuse report. You can call NRS to find out more about this. If you are unsafe and in crisis, you can call 911.
    Please don’t hesitate to call NRS at any time. We are a 24/7, confidential, free hotline and would gladly speak to you more about your situation. Best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X