No announcement yet.

My Step Dad Chokes Me And Tries To Hurt Me

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Step Dad Chokes Me And Tries To Hurt Me

    Hi I’m ..., I’m 11 Years Old, My Parents Are Divorced, They Got Divorced When I Was 6 Years Old. I Have A Abusive Step Dad Who Always Chokes Me If I Make Him Mad, He Always Kicks Me And Throws Me Onto The Ground, I Always Try To Fight Back But That Makes Him Even More Mad... My Bio Dad Is Mean Too And He Always Yells At Me... I’m Trans (Female To Male) And My Bio Dad Never Accepts Me For Who I Am... I Was Thinking Of Calling The Police On My Step Dad But I Don’t Wanna Get Taken Away And Get Put Into An Adoption Center...
    Also, My Mom Doesn’t Even Do Anything When My Step Dad Tries To Hurt Me, She Just Watches And Doesn’t Do Anything.. I’m Always Thinking Of Running Away From Home
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 10-13-2019, 03:38 PM.

  • #2
    Hi there,
    Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes great courage to reach out for help and we are glad that you decide to reach out for help.

    We are sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult time. You don't deserve to be treated like that and shouldn't have to live like that. If your safety is ever at risk you can call 911. You have an option to file an abuse report by calling Child Help at 1-800-422-4453, or by calling us at 1-800-Runaway (1-800-726-2929) to get support with self-reporting, or by telling a mandated reporter like a teacher or guidance counselor.

    Talking to other adult family members, friends and school counselor is something you could also consider.You shouldn't have to live in fear.

    Leaving home can be hard and it can be helpful to to think about where you might live and how you might pay for food, rent, and other living expenses. We are not legal experts however, speaking generally if you are to leave home without your parents permission the police can bring you back home and whoever you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway and get in trouble with the law.

    This can be a lot to deal with and if you like you could call us at 1-800-786-2929 and we would be happy to listen to you, explore your options and provide you any resources.

    We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp