Is my mom abusive? What can I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my mom abusive? What can I do?

Well ever since I was a little kid I used to be very skinny, I remember that my mom used to force me to eat and if I didn't she would hit me with anything she could find (thick sandals, wooden spoons, etc). She even used to scream at me if I wrote the letter p the way she didnt like it in the 3rd grade. As I started to grow older I was a little trouble maker at home and her way of resolving things were to hit me and scream at me. At the age of 13 she started to use verbal threats and yell that she's going to put me into an adoption home and that I'll never see her again (scared me a lot). She used to get mad at every little thing, for example, if the edge of my shoe touched a puddle of water she swung her fist and hit me on my back which hurt. Now I'm 16 and she can't really hit me anymore because in physically bigger, but if she does attack me I have to push her back or pull her hands down so she won't hit me in the face. When I do that she started screaming that I abuse her and that she's going to call the cops on me (for defending myself?). Anyways she always tells her friends how bad of a son I am and how she's some Saint. No body believes me and all her friends think she's sole super saint mom and I'm a devil child. Recently she's been more verbally abusive by saying things like, "you're worthless in life, people like you go to hell, I don't want you to be my son," or sometimes if I ask her if she loves me all she'll say is, "what's there to love about you?" And there are times where if I wanna go to my doctor to ask him questions about my health she won't let me because all she says is "go pray and ask for forgiveness" she really forces religion into everything and it's just too much. I know I shouldn't but in starting to rebel. It's gotten to the point where I'll say some hurtful things to her as well. But nothing extreme (no cussing). I feel as if all my anger, anxiety, low self esteem is because of her. (Calling me ugly and skinny). I don't like having all this anger inside of me and I guess I learned it from her. I just don't want the child protective services to take me away because I love my home, I love my bed, I love my view, I love it all. But she won't change I know her and I don't know what to do. I can't stay with my dad because his place is too small and the only place to sleep there is the couch Which kills my back. Is my mom really abusive? Or am I overthinking it too much, and I'm sorry for the long post but thanks for any help.

re: Is my mom abusive? What can I do?

Hello,

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot pertaining to your mom and you have questions about whether or not her actions are considered abuse. The things she says to you must be pretty hurtful to hear. You don't deserve to hear that from your mom. We recommend contacting Child Help USA for further help. They work with youth who are experiencing abuse and can talk with you more about how you're treated. Hopefully they can shed some light on the situation and give you ways to handle your current situation.

Best of luck to you,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X