Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to finish school after running away at 15?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to finish school after running away at 15?

I'm a 15 year old girl in Canada, I have a girlfriend in England that my parents do not approve of, they will only let me talk to her for an hour a day and it is very easy for me to lose the privalege of talking to her. I recently got diagnosed with Boarderline Personality Disorder, and I am trying very hard to figure out what that means, and how it is going to affect me. My parents are both very loving people, giving me hugs and kisses, but it always seems that when I really need them, like right now, they are distant and angry. I have been told repeatedly by therapists, family, parents, and doctors, that I am the one driving them away, I am the one making them not want to be around me. My parents are constantly fighting with each other and with my brother. I am always going between wanting to leave my girlfriend to make her life better, and to make my life easier, to being scared that she will leave me. She is the one person, the one thing, that keeps me fighting, she gives me a reason to live, a reason to go to school and get a real job, she is the reason I do anything anymore. I'm so confused about everything right now. Sometimes I think my mother is so amazing and beautiful and kind, but then other times I hate her. And I don't know which one she really is. I know leaving my home will be hard to do, it'll be difficult to get the education I want and it'll be even harder to get into the school I want. I know I won't be able to see my girlfriend for years from now if I leave my house and my family now. But overall, I honestly think my mental health will be better. What do I do??

RE: Trying to finish school after running away at 15?

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

We’re so sorry about the situation you’re in. It sounds really hard. On one hand you have a family that you love but often drives you crazy and then you have a dedicated relationship that makes you want to leave in order to help her. We’re so sorry you’re feeling so torn. Getting along with your parents can be so hard sometimes, we’re so sorry you’re going through this.

Unfortunately we’re not legal experts here and we’re also based in the United States. Our limited knowledge on the legal system is specifically for the US. We wouldn’t be able to tell you what could happen if you left home in Canada and we also wouldn’t be able to help you with going to school if you left. If you wanted a Canadian resource, you could check out this site: http://kidshelpphone.ca/Teens/Home.a...FYKFaQodsckOwg

They look like they have a hotline like us and also a Live Chat. They might be able to help you better than us just because of the differences in laws.

Stay Strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X