My step mom is making me hate my dads house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My step mom is making me hate my dads house

My step mom drives me crazy, I have a skin condition and I have to do certain procedures to make t better an she is constantly giving me a really hard time and being super mean about it. And I love my sibalings and my dad but she makes it so I can't enjoy any of my time at my dads house. And I have told her this I have told my dad and I have told my mom ( at a different house, my parents broke up) and nothing is changing. How old
    Do I have to be to legally only lie at my moms?

RE: My step mom is making me hate my dads house

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like things are really difficult with your step-mom. We’re really sorry she’s making your time at your dad’s unpleasant. That doesn’t seem fair. It sounds like you’re ready to make a decision about where you have to spend your time. It’s understandable that you’d come to us for help, it sounds really frustrating.

We’re not legal experts here, so we can only speak generally on this topic. It sounds like your parents have joint custody. It may just be a matter of both parents agreeing on times that are good for the two of them to have certain weekends with you and your siblings. It might come down to their decision in the end until you’re an adult. We really can’t say for certain since the laws surrounding this differ from state to state. If you wanted to know for sure, we could refer you to a legal aid resource that may know about custody issues like this.

It sounds like things are really hard right now. If you wanted, you could give us a call and talk about how this is all making you feel. Sometimes it helps to vent about everything to somebody. We’re here 24/7 and we’re confidential. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Please consider reaching out to us, we’d love to hear from you.

Stay Strong,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X