I hate my life and where I live

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate my life and where I live

Im 14 and I live with my grandmother, I have since I was 5/6 years old I love her but she makes me feel like a waste of space and makes me feel so small, like I'm a burden. I have had so many good times with her but it's becoming to much I'm crying all the time, I'm getting criticised about my weight and argues with me over little things. The moment I realised I'd had enough was when she went crazy over me being tired and not wanting to go to the gym that day. I go Monday to Friday for an hour and she won't even look me in the face. I want to run away I have said it to myself so many times I remember on many occasions from the age of 8 to 11 I had packed all my stuff ready to go then chickened out because I had nowhere to go. I've been thinking about it quite allot lately and I'm so depressed I just can't take it any longer and I need to get away but I don't know where to go or what to do. I feel if I run away she will hate me. My family isn't close whatsoever I don't remember anything about my mum she left when I was 4 and she was a drug taker aswell as my dad I have 2 brothers one 21 and one 22 I met the 22 year old once when I was 12 and the other never sees me I never see my dad much and I just see my uncle frequently. I don't want to live with her anymore she's verbally abusive I know it's not much but I have put up with her for years and I'm at the point were I've just had enough I can't really explain everything as it's complicated but I need to go.

Re: I hate my life and where I live

Thank you for reaching out to us, it takes a lot of strength to talk about these things. You definitely don’t deserve to be verbally abused or feel bad about your weight. That sounds like a really frustrating situation to be in and would be very draining after years of feeling this way. It is understandable that you would not want to be there anymore.
    You mentioned that you are feeling depressed, some potentially helpful outlets for you could be www.mentalhealthhelpline.ca/Home/Chat they have chat services as well as a phone line at 1-866-531-2600. Also of course our chat services as well as our phone line at 1-800-RUNAWAY are available whenever you are feeling that way. As for running away, because you are 14 only you could potentially get into some trouble if your grandma was to file a runaway report on you. Running away is a status offense just so you are aware of that before you make your decision. There still are some options for you though like Runaway/Youth shelters, those are typically more for a temporary stay. If you call our phone line we would be able to refer you to some of those that are within your area. Also you mentioned that everything was complicated, so our phone line could be a good resource for you to be able to explain your situation in depth more.
    Again we’re really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out your options which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. Were here to listen, here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X