No announcement yet.

I cant stand being around my family anymore

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod15
    Re: I cant stand being around my family anymore

    Thank you for reaching out to us at NRS. It sounds like a really stressful and difficult living situation you’re in with your uncle and grandmother. We’re so sorry to hear that they are unsupportive and talking does not seem to help.
    At the age of 15 you are still a minor, and if you were to leave home, your guardian has the right to file a runaway report with the police, unfortunately. Local police departments handle that in different ways, so without more information about your situation, we can’t be more specific than that. Telling your parents that you are leaving does not make your leaving legal, so if you are found, you could be forced to go back to your guardians.
    If you have any other questions or need more specific answers, please feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can try to help you out more. We can also look up legal resources in your area if you give us a call.
    Best of luck,

    Leave a comment:

  • Unregistered
    Guest started a topic I cant stand being around my family anymore

    I cant stand being around my family anymore

    Im 15 and sick of being in this house. I tried to fix these family problems but it keeps getting worse. Ive always thought i was the issue and talked to many people on an app called 7 cups which is where you can talk to people and they'll listen and help you feel better. All they do is lie and treat me like garbage. There is someone who wants me to live with her and would bring me to court with her and explain everything i even have voice recordings of my uncle threatening to take away my stuff for no reason and me trying to talk it out with my grandmother and it turning out bad. And id let my guardian know that im staying with this woman, but i dont have any money to get to her, she lives in a close state. And at this point i cant stand being around these people, the question that i have is can i leave if i tell where im going and me and the woman go to court and settle the custody
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp